Workplace drama among thai employees

pistachios

If you wanted to be really evils. get a friend on board, wait till gf tells you that the boss & the btch are both in the same location as gf, then send friend in to deal with the btch as a customer, have said friend be a bit difficult & then kick up a fuss about the btch not giving correct advice, poor customer service etc, demand to speak to boss, btch gets in serious trouble with gf no where involved.

Might not resolve the issue gf is having but will make her feel better. :D

Or else have gf blank btch at all times, just act as if she isn't there, it will wind btch up no end & gf will be happier due to no interaction with the btch.

Won't work, they are used to the worst customers : uneducated, smelly and impolite French or Aussie Muay Thai trainees and know how to deal with them.

OP I am starting a business that allows for farang to have their spouses examined and accredited to having been free of working in a bar. Upon completion of the accreditation, they will be given a ribbon with a code on it that they can wear whenever they leave the house. This code will be matched up to our website which will have a search feature and allow users to verify that the ribbon is not a fake or copy. This way everyone everywhere with internet access will automatically know the social status of your gf.

Would this be a service you would be interested in? Just think, you would not have to tell us so many times that she was not a bar girl. You could simply tell us her individually assigned code or give us a url to her profile on our website which will list her accreditation.

In doing so, you will be able to sleep easy at night knowing the record has been set straight once and for all.

This is a work in progress. I recommend you PM me now to get to the top of the waiting list.

Wrong topic dude, I haven't told that so many times.

Having spent nearly twenty years as a Pharmacist I can tell you the drama won't stop, I've dealt with more techs over the years and it was one of my biggest head aches.

I can tell you Thai Pharmacists are given a course on dealing with techs and grading etc, I attended Mahidol as a guest invigilator three years ago and I was impressed at the depth they went into, I can honestly say I wish was given the staff training they get here.

I will also mention senior techs eat the young, some are wanna be Pharmacists a some are just evil, they feel they are in a position of power. Dont get me wrong they are vital to the operation, I also owned a compounding pharmacy and had 8 of the best techs on the planet.

The absolute best techs I've hired over the years got their start in brand new Pharmacy's so no bad habits from cranky old know it all techs, if your GF is serious a out the profession I suggest she starts looking at a chain where a new shoppe is opening and there is a chain of command that won't allow those games. Get some experience in her current role and move on. The dispensing error is a biggie and should be documented it's a small industry and that could follow her for years and it will leave the pharmacist no choice but to show her (gf) the door.

Interesting stuff but not very encouraging. Seems like the boss is trying to defuse the situation but as you said, the senior tech is having an ego trip and feel somehow threatened by a young employee, doesn't feel like it will stop soon.

She quitter her last job in another pharmacy network because her boss made her work 70+ hours a week, but all the techs were super friendly, including the senior techs. So it's possible to have an all woman work environment without the backstabbing and gossiping crap. It may be because the pharmacist was a man and kind of an <deleted> with an iron glove.

OP you say your G/F gave advice on medicine,,, Is she a pharmacist? and sold out of date med's, was the products she sold over the counter product or controled med's? and checked by a pharmacist?

is that not the job of a qualified pharmacist,,, not a sales assitant?Posted Image

Sorry but to many unqulified people selling med's in LOL just put's lives at risk.

P.S your g/f needs to stand up for herself or get out, NOT "PAKWAN" or grovel, she is a human and should be respected as such, good luck in the futurePosted Image

In case you don't know how most pharmacies work in Thailand, a pharmacist opens a shop, then a few others and rarely hires other pharmacists to be on site in every shops. Most of the time they isn't a real pharmacist behind the counter. Some people from F&D administration check a few times after the shop opens if everything is in order and there is a pharmacist on site, but after one year it seems like it's free for all!

My girlfriend, after a 4 month training and a few months experience in a pharmacy, was given the key to a shop and pretty much single handedly sold 20000thb worth of medicine and stuff everyday. I know it's a bit lolworthy but that's how it is.

• Like 1

Having spent nearly twenty years as a Pharmacist I can tell you the drama won't stop, I've dealt with more techs over the years and it was one of my biggest head aches.

I can tell you Thai Pharmacists are given a course on dealing with techs and grading etc, I attended Mahidol as a guest invigilator three years ago and I was impressed at the depth they went into, I can honestly say I wish was given the staff training they get here.

I will also mention senior techs eat the young, some are wanna be Pharmacists a some are just evil, they feel they are in a position of power. Dont get me wrong they are vital to the operation, I also owned a compounding pharmacy and had 8 of the best techs on the planet.

The absolute best techs I've hired over the years got their start in brand new Pharmacy's so no bad habits from cranky old know it all techs, if your GF is serious a out the profession I suggest she starts looking at a chain where a new shoppe is opening and there is a chain of command that won't allow those games. Get some experience in her current role and move on. The dispensing error is a biggie and should be documented it's a small industry and that could follow her for years and it will leave the pharmacist no choice but to show her (gf) the door.

Interesting stuff but not very encouraging. Seems like the boss is trying to defuse the situation but as you said, the senior tech is having an ego trip and feel somehow threatened by a young employee, doesn't feel like it will stop soon.

She quitter her last job in another pharmacy network because her boss made her work 70+ hours a week, but all the techs were super friendly, including the senior techs. So it's possible to have an all woman work environment without the backstabbing and gossiping crap. It may be because the pharmacist was a man and kind of an asshol_e with an iron glove.

Who would have thought there really could be so much drama at Boots or Watsons? New theme for a reality show, "The Pharmacy". Interesting insights there Todd.

The OP should consider that the boss of the first pharmacy where his GF worked had a solution to the problem. Work the lot of 'em to death and they are so busy and tired at the end of the day, they don't have time to play puerile games. Just a thought.

If you wanted to be really evils. get a friend on board, wait till gf tells you that the boss & the btch are both in the same location as gf, then send friend in to deal with the btch as a customer, have said friend be a bit difficult & then kick up a fuss about the btch not giving correct advice, poor customer service etc, demand to speak to boss, btch gets in serious trouble with gf no where involved.

Might not resolve the issue gf is having but will make her feel better. biggrin.png

Or else have gf blank btch at all times, just act as if she isn't there, it will wind btch up no end & gf will be happier due to no interaction with the btch.

Have you ever heard of Eddie Haskell from American TV late 1950s - early 60s? (Polite in front of his friend's parents and then tells his friend's younger brother: Beat it, squirt. Eddie would typically instigate a situation and then, when the whole thing blew up, make sure that someone else was sure to get the blame.)

eddiehaskelle.jpg

wow you are as old as me ...

This will never end. I had to endure a 3 year argument between 2 of my most senior Thai female employees who went back and forth at each other in the most infantile manner imaginable. Finally the one I least liked resigned, got herself a much higher paying job then got into a petty fight with an expat and resigned over a loss of face. She is now unemployed.

My advise is to get your missuz to bait the other one until she explodes and does something stupid...which is almost 100% guaranteed.

Might not resolve the issue gf is having but will make her feel better. biggrin.png

way to solve problems by making it worse, surprise surprise it comes from a female!

OP you say your G/F gave advice on medicine,,, Is she a pharmacist? and sold out of date med's, was the products she sold over the counter product or controled med's? and checked by a pharmacist?

is that not the job of a qualified pharmacist,,, not a sales assitant?whistling.gif

Sorry but to many unqulified people selling med's in LOL just put's lives at risk.

P.S your g/f needs to stand up for herself or get out, NOT "PAKWAN" or grovel, she is a human and should be respected as such, good luck in the futurethumbsup.gif

Absolutely agree.

I worked as a PR officer at a company for years and know the score.

At small companies and even in large companies, some staff will use bullying tactics if they believe someone is soft, vulnerable and an easy target for imtimidation.

As our aussieinthailand rightly says; the GF has to stand up for herself and also refuse to tolerate such behavior and disrespect towards her by work colleges, but she must also accept her place in order of rank and time served at the said company.

My advice is, that if the GF is not able to handle the situation, than she should leave.

is that not the job of a qualified pharmacist,,, not a sales assitant?whistling.gif

P.S your g/f needs to stand up for herself or get out, NOT "PAKWAN" or grovel, she is a human and should be respected as such, good luck in the futurethumbsup.gif

In case you don't know how most pharmacies work in Thailand, a pharmacist opens a shop, then a few others and rarely hires other pharmacists to be on site in every shops. Most of the time they isn't a real pharmacist behind the counter. Some people from F&D administration check a few times after the shop opens if everything is in order and there is a pharmacist on site, but after one year it seems like it's free for all!

My girlfriend, after a 4 month training and a few months experience in a pharmacy, was given the key to a shop and pretty much single handedly sold 20000thb worth of medicine and stuff everyday. I know it's a bit lolworthy but that's how it is.

YES! I do know that MOST pharmacies do operate without a qualified pharmacist at the front desk, most of the time it's just a pharmacist paper on the wall and the shop owner pays the pharmacist a monthly amount per month for the paper, and a trianee selling med's,

and when government time to check just close the shop or pay the "pharmacist" to come too shop location for a few days untill the gov, check finished.

my wife is a pharmacist, pharmacy owner operator, and also hire a Qualified pharmacist when she is off duty, this is a big cost to the buisness but that is not just the law but also for public health, thats why the law says you need a pharmacist to sell med's NOT a 4 month trianee,,,

I do understand your G/F work place situation, but that is secondary to potencial harm done by dipencing "out of date" or incorrect med's to a person. thats why I said "Sorry but to many unqualified people selling med's in LOL just puts lives at risk"

I wounder why other TV posters have not said the same things? Would you be happy is a shop trainee sold you or a loved one the wrong or potencialy dangerous med's???

Absolutely agree.

I worked as a PR officer at a company for years and know the score.

At small companies and even in large companies, some staff will use bullying tactics if they believe someone is soft, vulnerable and an easy target for imtimidation.

As our aussieinthailand rightly says; the GF has to stand up for herself and also refuse to tolerate such behavior and disrespect towards her by work colleges, but she must also accept her place in order of rank and time served at the said company.

My advice is, that if the GF is not able to handle the situation, than she should leave.

thank you, Bee,j

it's called a pecking order, know your place, but don't take sh*t from others, tell her she can stand up for herself, or get out of the kitchen if she can't stand the heat, harsh yes, sorry but thas life,

agian i mean no disrespect saying this good luck.

way to solve problems by making it worse, surprise surprise it comes from a female!

Oh grow up. Some people really need to buy themselves a sense of humour. sad sack

• Like 1

This will never end. I had to endure a 3 year argument between 2 of my most senior Thai female employees who went back and forth at each other in the most infantile manner imaginable. Finally the one I least liked resigned, got herself a much higher paying job then got into a petty fight with an expat and resigned over a loss of face. She is now unemployed.

My advise is to get your missuz to bait the other one until she explodes and does something stupid...which is almost 100% guaranteed.

I stand corrected "3 year old's"

Its not just pharmacies it runs amok through the society.

I lived in Brazil for a while. My gf was a country girl with a big family: 7 siblings, their spouses, kids, in-laws, aunts/uncles, etc.

The women were constantly forming up sides and facing off, usually had to do with something one of them said about another. The men keep out of it, at gatherings the men and women sat at seperate tables, and I understood why. Women refusing to enter other's houses, ignore someone's birthday, etc. And the allegiances were constantly shifting, but I noticed two in particular seemed to be field commanders. My guess was if not for these things their lives would be pretty boring. Each of these seemed to last about a month, a truce would be declared, then a few weeks later...

There is another thread about women who leave school at age 13, this one seems to be about women who do not mature beyond age 13 -- plenty of those around, all over!

TBH workplace drama happens everywhere and without sounding s**ist, unfortunately, it usually is from the feminine side of the species, a majority (not all) of the time. I know that sounds wrong but it usually is. Used to drive me insane when I worked in an office back home.

We've had it at our work here sometimes, one of the older women started bitching about the new girl to the bosses saying she stole some money from the till, when in fact it was a mistake by herself inputting the figures incorrectly into the accounts sheet. They bitch about other teachers' boyfriends; recently a gay teacher resorted to slagging off our bosses (who are lovely people) on his facebook page, knowing that we'd all be able to read it, the same bosses who gave him an excellent opportunity to earn a career, when others wouldn't.

Drama is a waste of time and energy.

OP I am starting a business that allows for farang to have their spouses examined and accredited to having been free of working in a bar. Upon completion of the accreditation, they will be given a ribbon with a code on it that they can wear whenever they leave the house. This code will be matched up to our website which will have a search feature and allow users to verify that the ribbon is not a fake or copy. This way everyone everywhere with internet access will automatically know the social status of your gf.

Would this be a service you would be interested in? Just think, you would not have to tell us so many times that she was not a bar girl. You could simply tell us her individually assigned code or give us a url to her profile on our website which will list her accreditation.

In doing so, you will be able to sleep easy at night knowing the record has been set straight once and for all.

This is a work in progress. I recommend you PM me now to get to the top of the waiting list.

55555555555 - great joke (or total c***)

totster coffee1.gif