Where to get good quality hot dogs in Pattaya?

jmccarty

Oscar Mayer brand hot dogs at Villa Market when they have in stock.

they also carry Johnsinville Sausages in the frozen food section:licklips:

Nice packaging but all of Johnsonville's have High Fructose Corn Sweetener as a flavouring agent. May taste good but part of the reason Americans are so fat from what I read.

People are fat because they consume more calories then they burn. It's called science.

Absolutely. Consuming a lot of High Fructose Corn Sweetener makes you more hungry, and you eat more then if you did not consume it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice packaging but all of Johnsonville's have High Fructose Corn Sweetener as a flavouring agent. May taste good but part of the reason Americans are so fat from what I read.

People are fat because they consume more calories then they burn. It's called science.

No.

You have SO much to learn.

Absolutely. Consuming a lot of High Fructose Corn Sweetener makes you more hungry, and you eat more then if you did not consume it.

I agree with the science, however, science does not make the decision to take in more calories than is metabolized. Obesity due to over eating, and not because of some sort of metabolic dysfunction, is much like speeding in your car. The science of mechanics allows you to go as fast as you depress the accelerator pedal, but does not make the decision for the driver to do so.

HFCS is a boon to science as well as an evil. IMO, even the humble hotdog, which is the subject of the OP, can be unhealthy if not consumed in moderation. Please pass the catsup. smile.png

Edited by Phil Conners
Fixed botched quote

High Fructose Corn Sweetener is in way too many processed foods everywhere, did not mean to single out Americans!

And I may just have a big mac for lunch!

The amount of sorbitol or fructose you consume from a few hotdogs is inconsequential. It's the condiments, the mayonnaise, ketchup, etc that could be a problem.

I am guessing you are not American so you should find many sausage products that meet your needs here in Pattaya. But, if you are an American longing for a ballpark, Coney Island, Nathans, even a Costco hotdog you are simply SOL.

Edited by Phil Conners
Fixed botched quote

Point taken. However, the USA is not the sole domain of obesity from my humble observations. Excuse me while I eat my Chicken wrap at McDonalds. smile.png

High Fructose Corn Sweetener is in way too many processed foods everywhere, did not mean to single out Americans!

And I may just have a big mac for lunch!

The amount of sorbitol or fructose you consume from a few hotdogs is inconsequential. It's the condiments, the mayonnaise, ketchup, etc that could be a problem.

I am guessing you are not American so you should find many sausage products that meet your needs here in Pattaya. But, if you are an American longing for a ballpark, Coney Island, Nathans, even a Costco hotdog you are simply SOL.

i think i am SOL

Point taken. However, the USA is not the sole domain of obesity from my humble observations. Excuse me while I eat my Chicken wrap at McDonalds. :)

Lets get it right mexico out weighs america

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/09/mexico-obesity-rate-united-states_n_3568537.html

HFCS is a boon to science as well as an evil. IMO, even the humble hotdog, which is the subject of the OP, can be unhealthy if not consumed in moderation. Please pass the catsup. smile.png

Actually catsup/ketchup is also rife with HFCS. wink.png

I found some Ketchup in Central Festival Mall grocery store that says "NO HFCS" on the front in big letters. Made by Hunts. And kids like this one. If I eat a dog, will only use dijon mustard and chopped onions.

I found some Ketchup in Central Festival Mall grocery store that says "NO HFCS" on the front in big letters. Made by Hunts. And kids like this one. If I eat a dog, will only use dijon mustard and chopped onions.

Well done! USA is obviously starting to wake up to the HFCS nightmare.

Try the mustard with horseredish

I was bored with lack of bite in the mustard available here, so one day I got the idea to mix in some wasabi. Really good, try it if you like mustard with a bit of zing! wink.png

Colmans English mustard thumbsup.gif

in foodland and friendship too

tastier than Heinz in my opinion

Well done! USA is obviously starting to wake up to the HFCS nightmare.

HFCS is used because it is cheap. Hunts replaced the HFCS with cane sugar in their ketchup about 3 years ago. Late last year, they announced they were returning to the old formula because of lack of sales of the HFCS free product. It would be interesting to see where the HFCS free ketchup is made here. If it is imported from the USA then they are dumping an item they could not sell.

HFCS is used because it is cheap. Hunts replaced the HFCS with cane sugar in their ketchup about 3 years ago. Late last year, they announced they were returning to the old formula because of lack of sales of the HFCS free product. It would be interesting to see where the HFCS free ketchup is made here. If it is imported from the USA then they are dumping an item they could not sell.

It does say product of USA on the bottle

For the uninitiated, this is a Costco hotdog with all the trimmings. Price about 50 baht which includes a 20 oz fountain drink with unlimited free refills.

You're just being mean now, posting a picture like that.

For the traveler, if you're ever laid over in O'hare Airport in Chicago, do not miss a Chicago Dog. Tell them "all the way with extra sports".

Actually catsup/ketchup is also rife with HFCS. wink.png
You are correct. When shopping I like to read the ingredients if they are listed, and when eating out it's "Buyer beware".

I subscribe to the philosophy of " All things in moderation, particularly excess". ;)

Edited by Benmart