Bangkok: Unrelenting activists to upgrade protest intensity

webfact

Unrelenting activists to upgrade protest intensity
By English News

13757552093025.jpg

BANGKOK, Aug 6 – Anti-government protesters at Lumpini Park have vowed to heighten the extent of their political rally today and tomorrow.

Thaikorn Polsuwan, a leader of the People’s Army against Thaksin Regime, refused to elaborate but said the group has decided to escalate its demonstration.

He said there was a report that the cabinet may resort to issue an amnesty decree instead of having the controversial amnesty bill debated in Parliament.

The government is legally authorised to issue a decree without having to seek Parliament’s endorsement.

Mr Thaikorn said an amnesty decree, if promulgated by the government, will be a significant turning point for Thailand’s politics but he doubted if the government would make the decision.

He said some group members would file complaints with the Ombudsman, the National Human Rights Commission, the Constitution Court and Administrative Court today against the government for violating their freedom of expression and misusing its power in invoking the Internal Security Act (ISA) in three Bangkok districts.

The National Anti-Corruption Commission will also be asked to take action against the national police chief for barring people from the rally at Lumpini Park, he said. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-08-06

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

POLITICS
Anti-government protest would be escalated: Thaikorn

30211996-01_big.jpg
File photo: Thaikorn

BANGKOK: -- Anti-government protesters at Lumpini Park have vowed to heighten the extent of their political rally today and tomorrow.

Thaikorn Polsuwan, a leader of the People's Army against Thaksin Regime, refused to elaborate but said the group has decided to escalate its demonstration.

He said there was a report that the cabinet may resort to issue an amnesty decree instead of having the controversial amnesty bill debated in Parliament.

The government is legally authorised to issue a decree without having to seek Parliament's endorsement.

Thaikorn said an amnesty decree, if promulgated by the government, will be a significant turning point for Thailand's politics but he doubted if the government would make the decision.

He said some group members would file complaints with the Ombudsman, the National Human Rights Commission, the Constitution Court and Administrative Court today against the government for violating their freedom of expression and misusing its power in invoking the Internal Security Act (ISA) in three Bangkok districts.

The National Anti-Corruption Commission will also be asked to take action against the national police chief for barring people from the rally at Lumpini Park, he said.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-08-06

More protesters travel to Bangkok anti-government rally: Police
By English News

13757700682310.png

BANGKOK, Aug 6 -- Protesters from the provinces are gradually flowing to Bangkok to join the anti-government rallies held at two separate sites, but the Centre for the Administration of Peace and Order (CAPO) was unable to estimate the total number of demonstrators.

Pol Maj Gen Piya Uthayo, CAPO spokesman, said the provincial police stations have reported that people from the provinces will continue to move to the capital until early tomorrow morning to join the rallies at the Lumpini Park and at sports area under Urupong expressway on Phetchaburi Road.

Lumpini Park was the venue of Sunday's gathering of those opposing the Amnesty Bill, led by the People’s Army against Thaksin Regime and the sports ground under Urupong expressway was a 'Reveal the Truth' forum held by the opposition Democrat Party.

Gen Piya said organisers of the two gatherings aimed to draw as many as people as possible to their rallies, but said that CAPO could not estimate how many people would join each rally.

He said CAPO instructed Bangkok police to set up security checkpoints and prepare forces to provide security protection to Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra who will attend the House sitting Wednesday when the controversial amnesty bill is scheduled for a parliamentary debate.

Meanwhile, Thaikorn Polsuwan, a leader of the People’s Army against Thaksin Regime, said in a statement that the group would intensify its demonstration after the government goes ahead as planned to debate the amnesty bill tomorrow.

He called on the public to join the rally at Lumpini Park tomorrow at 9am to prepare for the next move which would be revealed later.

Mr Thaikorn said the group has cancelled its plan to file complaints with the Ombudsman, the National Human Rights Commission, the Constitution Court and Administrative Court today against the government for violating their freedom of expression and misusing its power in invoking the Internal Security Act (ISA) in three Bangkok districts.

However, he said, the group would only go to the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) as it was the only organisation which could stop the government. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-08-06

The people's army (more accurately aka fascist nationalists who don't give a monkeys about the people)? Are they still there? Didn't they go home when it rained then? Really thought they'd gone home.

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 2

"He said there was a report that the cabinet may resort to issue an amnesty decree instead of having the controversial amnesty bill debated in Parliament.

The government is legally authorised to issue a decree without having to seek Parliament's endorsement."

Can PT do this then? Why haven't they done so earlier? I would have thought that was the sort of jolly wheeze they would seize upon.

• Like 2

The people's army (more accuurately aka fascist nationalists who don't give a monkeys about the people)? Are they still there? Didn't they go home when it rained then? Really thought they'd gone home.

do you have any reason to call them fascist? Or do you do it only because it sounds evil?

Most of them are either

Democrat party supporter = sure not fascists

Monarchists = sure not fascists

a lot of former communists = sure not fascists

and a complete mix of the middle class in Bangkok....

where are the fascists?

Mostly comes from their nationalistic rhetoric. Their intolerance for the democratic process (democrats would use the democratic process as it should be used). Their belief that a military govt is the way forward rather than the present situation. They want direct action to effect change, that is the street over the ballot box. Don't get me wrong I have no love of PT, but the political processes this group support are at heart fascistic. More in the Italian mode but not none the less---

I would call it fascist if laws are changed for one man and one man who is not elected controls the government. The ballot box doesn't work with massive vote buying.

PTP destroyed or trying the separation of power. They have already direct control of the police. They have partial control of the courts. They have control of the elections.

In my opinion a coup is the only way to restore Democracy (but I have to admit that it didn't work the last 15 coups tongue.png).

But the activists would go home if only the government stops to overrule the courts for Thaksin. Drop that law and everyone goes home.

Another coup, that'll spark ANOTHER protest by the red shirts again...

The only F$%% here seens Bluespunk, by calling people names without any reason but being family with a norther TRT suporter

Who did I call a name? Unlike your good self I try to refrain from getting personal. It's hard to resist doing so at times but I try. Please again, who did I insult.

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

The only F$%% here seens Bluespunk, by calling people names without any reason but being family with a norther TRT suporter

Who did I call a name?
Did you not call them fascists???
I called the people's army fascists because of their political ideology. Why is that name calling? Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

do you have any reason to call them fascist? Or do you do it only because it sounds evil?

Most of them are either

Democrat party supporter = sure not fascists

Monarchists = sure not fascists

a lot of former communists = sure not fascists

and a complete mix of the middle class in Bangkok....

where are the fascists?

Mostly comes from their nationalistic rhetoric. Their intolerance for the democratic process (democrats would use the democratic process as it should be used). Their belief that a military govt is the way forward rather than the present situation. They want direct action to effect change, that is the street over the ballot box. Don't get me wrong I have no love of PT, but the political processes this group support are at heart fascistic. More in the Italian mode but not none the less---

I would call it fascist if laws are changed for one man and one man who is not elected controls the government. The ballot box doesn't work with massive vote buying.

PTP destroyed or trying the separation of power. They have already direct control of the police. They have partial control of the courts. They have control of the elections.

In my opinion a coup is the only way to restore Democracy (but I have to admit that it didn't work the last 15 coups tongue.png).

But the activists would go home if only the government stops to overrule the courts for Thaksin. Drop that law and everyone goes home.

Another coup, that'll spark ANOTHER protest by the red shirts again...

most probably.....

by issuing an amnesty degree - after testing the waters - they are just following the criminals who have staged illegal coups for decades in Thailand.

First thing they do after staging an illegal coup is to issue a degree to pardon themselves and then rewrite the constitution so they can stay in power long enough during the drafting process to pocket billions for themselves and their cronies!

What goes around comes around!

successful coups aren't illegal....per definition...

Who did I call a name?
Did you not call them fascists???
I called the people's army fascists because of their political ideology. Why is that name calling?
Because Nationalist isn't the same as F$%&*#, and then we could compair Thaksin with Hi$%&.

But we better not waste moe words on these comparisons..........have a nice day

And if the redshirts win,... the yellow shirts are gonna protest again,...

and if another mother-freakin' coup happens, the yellows win again, and the redshirts are gonna freaking protest,...

... then another coup happens, and then the yellow democracy alliance of dictatorshipp will freaking protest again,....

.... and it will go into infinity into infinity,... the rotten curse of Thaksinomics will never stop...

• Like 1