Honda CBR300

mania

yep, they told me that it will be wider and bigger than cbr250r

Also they stated a different design but i ma not sure for that. Let s see but what they say is contradicting with this photo.

I think Honda figured out that Kawa will release ninja 300 here in Thailand.

Still, i do no think so it will reach the level of ninja 300 with a thumper but good to see Honda dong something and releasing lots of products in Thailand these recent years.

time to sell my cbr250 before they release this:)

I dunno if it wasn't for the back shocks I would swear it was a RKV Keeway

Except the Keeway may have better forks

What the heck happened to Honda? These are the same guys that made the NC/VFR series of bikes

The CBR 250 & 400 RR's (The 1980's & 90's models )

I don't know sometimes

556000010208002.JPEG

keeway-rkv-02.jpg

Edited by mania
  • Like 2

The Honda CBR300R and CBX300 are an updated (2014) version for the United Arab Emirates version of the old CBR300R and CBX250. With the investment Honda has done for the upgrade we can expect that Honda will not only sell the upgraded version in the United Arab Emirates….

yep, they told me that it will be wider and bigger than cbr250r

Also they stated a different design but i ma not sure for that. Let s see but what they say is contradicting with this photo.

I think Honda figured out that Kawa will release ninja 300 here in Thailand.

Still, i do no think so it will reach the level of ninja 300 with a thumper but good to see Honda dong something and releasing lots of products in Thailand these recent years.

time to sell my cbr250 before they release this:)

A different design will be welcome but not a wider and bigger one, the slim profile is what i like about the cbr 250, very flickable.

It would be interesting to see how Honda increases the displacement to 300cc. The 250 has an off center downward stroke and mearly using a crank with a longer stroke wouldnt retain the same characteristics of an off center down stroke design.

They must be going the bigger piston and valve route, or it is a relatively new engine design. If the stroke is increased they'd have to use a totally different engine casing or find a way to offset the cylinder mounting, unless they do away with the off center power stroke design.

If its just a bigger piston increase i seriously doubt its going to be able to touch the rear tire of a Ninja 300.

Edited by KRS1

The CB300 has been sold in Brazil for years!

7hondacb300r2.jpg

The Japanese 'leaked' pic isn't even the latest model which can be seen below: whistling.gif

http://www2.honda.com.br/hondacb300r/#/home

The first post with the 'slide' with CBR250 pic looks like photoshop nonsense, that I'm sure I've seen a few times over the last year or two....

Before they discontinued that colour scheme from the line up. whistling.gif

Edited by Salapoo
  • Like 1

Wow never saw that coming! :)

Seriously though, if they improve the styling and quality issues from the 250 then at 125k it's a pretty good budget option for people who dont want to lay 180k on the Ninja. Hope it's not another single, but at that price I guess it will be. Be fun to rent one for a day and see if they've spiced it up a bit.

I hope it proves to be better than I'm expecting, I'm well (14 years) overdue a Honda motorbike purchase.

This article is talking about the bike being released in China. It says the bike will be sold in China beginning in September for 25,000 yuan "or about 125,000 baht."

The author speculates that it may come to Thailand as the factories are here. Doesn't sound like it's confirmed yet, though, he closes by saying we'll have to wait for more information. sad.png

Also mentions that the engine is indeed single cylinder.

Has anybody seen/heard anything from another source besides this article? That's a pretty good price point, I'd definitely be interested in giving one a spin if they do in fact make it out here thumbsup.gif

Wow never saw that coming! smile.png

Seriously though, if they improve the styling and quality issues from the 250 then at 125k it's a pretty good budget option for people who dont want to lay 180k on the Ninja. Hope it's not another single, but at that price I guess it will be. Be fun to rent one for a day and see if they've spiced it up a bit.

I hope it proves to be better than I'm expecting, I'm well (14 years) overdue a Honda motorbike purchase.

Not too much wrong with a single cylinder if they would do it properly. I would like to see a honda cbr250 with a xr650 engine in it and proper suspension.

KTM gets it, lots of hp from a single cylinder. No need for a heavy twin. Also I do not believe it will cost more to build a big mono compared to a small twin but in Thailand you got the taxes........