Why do tourists constantly try to sit on other peoples bikes....

Scottythai

Yes the Indian tourists are a bloody nuisance, almost every time I park my Custom Harley (always where I can keep an eye on it) I will spot a group of Indians leaving the middle of the road where they always tend to walk and heading to my bike, as I know for a fact after many encounters they will look at it for a moment or two, then remove my helmet from the seat and climb onto it for a photo op, a few weeks after the bike was built somebody had climbed onto it and dropped it on the road, it had been put back on its side stand but was damaged, cost me 10.000 Baht to fix it.

Now when I see Indians approaching my bike I am less than friendly and send them packing.

My friend came across two sat on his new Harley and a child sat on the gas tank.

all other nationalities have asked me first if they can just take photos only.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes the Indian tourists are a bloody nuisance, almost every time I park my Custom Harley (always where I can keep an eye on it) I will spot a group of Indians leaving the middle of the road where they always tend to walk and heading to my bike, as I know for a fact after many encounters they will look at it for a moment or two, then remove my helmet from the seat and climb onto it for a photo op, a few weeks after the bike was built somebody had climbed onto it and dropped it on the road, it had been put back on its side stand but was damaged, cost me 10.000 Baht to fix it.

Now when I see Indians approaching my bike I am less than friendly and send them packing.

My friend came across two sat on his new Harley and a child sat on the gas tank.

all other nationalities have asked me first if they can just take photos only.

Then your bike is more trouble then its worth. My bike is besides fun to drive also a convenience thing, i don't want to constantly think about it after having it parked.

• Like 1

What group are you referring too? Around here it's generally Thai's that seem to think it's Ok to lounge on someone else's ride.

if a Thai is seated on your bike...you have only 2 choices. If is a Thai girl.... take her to your home, if is a Thai man.... take him to his home...or be very...very ..polite...surely he is looking for trouble...

I wouldn't go that far, I've had Thai guys sit on my bike before, and all they were looking for was a convenient place to sit down.

A mate got back to his bike and a Thai was doing this while chatting to his friend.

Mate says 'Kor thort khrap.' (Excuse me).

Thai sitting on his bike turns and says 'Bap neung' (one minute). Then turns around and continues talking to his mate for 10 seconds before slowly starting to get off.

Us farangs have to be put in our place in the order of things. :rolleyes:

What group are you referring too? Around here it's generally Thai's that seem to think it's Ok to lounge on someone else's ride.

if a Thai is seated on your bike...you have only 2 choices. If is a Thai girl.... take her to your home, if is a Thai man.... take him to his home...or be very...very ..polite...surely he is looking for trouble...

I wouldn't go that far, I've had Thai guys sit on my bike before, and all they were looking for was a convenient place to sit down.

A mate got back to his bike and a Thai was doing this while chatting to his friend.

Mate says 'Kor thort khrap.' (Excuse me).

Thai sitting on his bike turns and says 'Bap neung' (one minute). Then turns around and continues talking to his mate for 10 seconds before slowly starting to get off.

Us farangs have to be put in our place in the order of things. rolleyes.gif

Wow! That would probably piss me off a bit.

I've come back to Thai people sitting on my bike more than once, but they've always got right off and given the 'kor thot' right back. No problems there.

Well cat be out of the bag it's never Thai's. Not once have a seen a Thai sit on my bike. I always find it to be Indians (not the American ones)

Never had an Indian on my bike - what kind of bike is it?

One time a Thai tourist lady came over and wanted to take a pic posing on my Versys ... while next to me was parked a Triumph Street Triple and a gorgeous Yamaha R1.... she clearly didn't know very much about bikes 555 Me thinks she fancied the handsome rider of the Versys thumbsup.gif