Truck-Van crash kills 5 factory workers in Pattaya

webfact

Truck Takes The Life Of 5 Factory Workers In Pattaya

pdn38.jpg

A truck that was heading to Route 331 lost its balance and collided with a van that belonged to K-Tech Industrial (Thailand). 3 out of 7 passengers were killed in the collision.

PATTAYA – [PDN]; Bowin Police officers were informed that a truck had collided with a van that was sending factory workers home. It was reported that 5 workers lost their lives and that 3 more others were severely injured.

The truck had collided fully into van, which heavily damaged the van. Most of the injured were sent to the Phayathai Hospital in Sri Racha in order to receive immediate treatment.

Investigation officers will now wait for the injured to recover first, as a questioning session will take place.

Source: http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/08/07/truck-takes-the-life-of-5-factory-workers-in-pattaya/

-- Pattaya Daily News 2013-08-08

The truck 'lost its balance'.

I'm surprised it doesn't say that the 5 people suffered a 'small, minor inconvenience of not being alive due to the balance issues of said vehicle'.

To be fair, trucks can and do tip over. "tipped over", "lost balance" - same same.

I'm surprised it doesn't say that the 5 people suffered a 'small, minor inconvenience of not being alive due to the balance issues of said vehicle'.

To be fair, trucks can and do tip over. "tipped over", "lost balance" - same same.

Not so. Trucks tip over when they are overloaded and or take curves to fast. They do not just tip over.

• Like 1

Owing to a varity of factors this type of occurance is all too common in this country and will remain the same as the authorities do bugger all and the public simply accept this as a way of life.

Mai Pen Rai, aka shit happens. There is little point in feeling symphathy for the injured and those who lost their lives as the people whoes job it is to minimize such incidents are simply to dumb or too lazy to take the appropriate actions. Sad state of affairs indeed.

Not so. Trucks tip over when they are overloaded and or take curves to fast. They do not just tip over.

Obviously someone is usually driving a truck when it tips over ...duh!

Trucks can tip over for a multitude of reasons. Sometimes the driver is at fault, sometimes it can be an unavoidable accident... but it is always due to "loss of balance".

"Lost it's balance" is a change from the usual "a tyre blew out". It's a cultural thing in Thailand that police and reporters always try to blame a crash on some external event rather than saying that one or both of the drivers were at fault.

It's all a part of what makes this an 'Amazing' and 'Miracle' country..,...cheesy.gif

Obviously someone is usually driving a truck when it tips over ...duh!

Trucks can tip over for a multitude of reasons. Sometimes the driver is at fault, sometimes it can be an unavoidable accident... but it is always due to "loss of balance".

The difference is cause and effect. The reporter implies the accident was caused by the truck losing balance while that was actually the effect of some other action.

• Like 1

The difference is cause and effect. The reporter implies the accident was caused by the truck losing balance while that was actually the effect of some other action.

The reporter can only go on what he sees, and he sees a truck on its side, so at some point it lost balance. He is speculating that the truck lost control and tipped over, causing the accident. I don't see all the need for criticizing his use of terminology.

A lot of people here are assuming that bad truck driving or overloading are the cause. Better to just play it safe and say the truck lost balance.

Duh. You still don't get it. Trucks do not just tip over there is no such things as unavoidable accidents. There maybe a multitude of reasons for an accident but zero are unavoidable.

Do you live on planet Earth? No accidents are unavoidable? I could give you a page full of unavoidable accidents without even stretching the imagination.

Edited by tropo

Am I missing something about the SPEED of this "drunken" Truck before it "lost balance"?

Perhaps the driver was doing an audition for the Spanish Rialway people who are looking for a temporary Train Driver till the other lunatic is allowed back behind the throttle.

these truck drivers are no better than those crazy taxi-van drivers. They all think they are Michael Schumacher and the road is theirs !!!! w00t.gifw00t.gif

Unfortunately it will NEVER change as this is all part of the culture in TH... so who cares... Police ? Government poo yais ? KIDDING...... coffee1.gif

" Investigation officers will now wait for the injured to recover first, as a questioning session will take place."

=> Yes of course, these poor people can tell them how fast the truck driver drove and how drunk he was... IMBECILS !!

Even if they can tell investigators if the van driver was speeding or not. WHO cares !???????? facepalm.gif

My guess! Maybe this news source use an original Thai News report and translated it through Google. And maybe it has a word that Google can not translate, perhaps something like skidded, and the nearest google translation is lost its balance.

I don't know as I say just a guess.

• Like 1

I have nothing witty to stay. This total madness on the roads must be stopped to save the many lives that are lost in Thai road accidents. What are the traffic police for, just to attend the accidents after they've happened. Tighten up the laws on vehicle safety checks, over loading, introduce tachograpghs etc.

Duh. You still don't get it. Trucks do not just tip over there is no such things as unavoidable accidents. There maybe a multitude of reasons for an accident but zero are unavoidable.

Disagree. If another vehicle drops oil on the road due to a blown engine, on a bend, the resulting accident is unavoidable.

Owing to a varity of factors this type of occurance is all too common in this country and will remain the same as the authorities do bugger all and the public simply accept this as a way of life.

Mai Pen Rai, aka shit happens. There is little point in feeling symphathy for the injured and those who lost their lives as the people whoes job it is to minimize such incidents are simply to dumb or too lazy to take the appropriate actions. Sad state of affairs indeed.

It appears from the report the deceased and injured were in the van that was hit by the truck. So why no sympathy for them? The driver of the van was apparently minding his own business.

There may have been oil on the road, true. But short of that or an earthquake, this accident was caused by humans with the trucking company. Bad shocks, overloading may be part of it. Bad driving, lack of training or sleep, or drugs.... whatever. This was no "act of god" I would guess. It was the act of idiots. The company and the police/government who have no standards or willingness to impose standards if they are written down somewhere.

It appears from the report the deceased and injured were in the van that was hit by the truck. So why no sympathy for them? The driver of the van was apparently minding his own business.

You guys have BOTH a point in my opinion :

- the people who should minimize such accidents are simply to dumb or too lazy to........

- the van driver was probably "working his mobile" like most of them do, not caring for their passengers.....

( i can add HUNDREDS more reasons/facts to that, but i will leave it here...)