Thailand to use cat bags to entice tourists

webfact

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How this encourages tourism isn't clear.

Well I agree with this ... lets wait for the good ideas of TAT .. they are always full of surprises .

Maybe they are trying to attract sexpats, with the promise of endless take away Siamese pussy whistling.gif

In all my years here I have only seen Siamese cats once, many years ago. I think it was at the Rose Garden. Anyway, the cats were in bare wire cages with concrete floors. Horrible conditions. Let's just hope that the tens of thousands of cat-loving visitors who are sure to come here to search out these fabled moggies aren't too shocked by what they find.

+1

I've seen more of these cats in the UK than I have in 15 years in Thailand

• Like 1

Cats schmats.

I want a cat bag.passifier.gif

Does that make me a bad person?ph34r.png

How can one actually acquire one of these wonderful bags?wub.png

Or is it all just a big cat and mouse tease? bah.gif

It's so easy to criticize the cat bag campaign.

What would you prefer?

Thailand brand trading cards with photos of Thailand's highest earning sex workers?

Edited by Jingthing

Why wouldn't TAT think tourists would be attracted to Thailand by the picture of a cute pussy?

We have four pussy cats....... and not a rat in sight.

I knew the 'p' word rolleyes.gif would appear sooner or later. After all it is one of Thailand's biggest earners, after rice pudding.

In the years I've been here, I've never seen a Siamese cat.

I have often wondered how these people get a job at TAT....

1. brown bag full of cash

2. closely connected relative in power position above

3. a degree in international marketing from a prestigious university

Not sure if your 1st is 100% correct...but certainly most have a degree....from somewhere....(whether they actually did it is another matter)...and of course nepotism is the usual way jobs are secured....

I have often wondered how these people get a job at TAT....

1. brown bag full of cash

2. closely connected relative in power position above

3. a degree in international marketing from a prestigious university

Not sure if your 1st is 100% correct...but certainly most have a degree....from somewhere....(whether they actually did it is another matter)...and of course nepotism is the usual way jobs are secured....

You genuinely think these people have a degree, of any type or description?

I see the usual Thai Bashers are out in force

Tourism is up year on year here but that doesn't stop some people knocking TAT and Thais

Indeed, they must be doing something right. The gagging of the English-language press here is pretty clever. I'm not sure who manages that or how it is achieved but it is very effective. Virtually nothing negative regarding tourism, bad tourist stories etc. I'm not agreeing with the tactic but one has to concede that it is effective. I think the fact that Thailand still represents pretty good value for money i.e. it is cheap, means that it will continue to get quantity. The problem is that the trend towards large numbers of tour groups, expecially from China and India, means that each tourist is actually spending less on each visit. Their spending patterns are also very different from individual travellers whose $$ tend to trickle down further. Still, it is the changing face of tourism. I don't particulalry like it but it is what it is.

Cats schmats.

I want a cat bag.passifier.gif

Does that make me a bad person?ph34r.png

How can one actually acquire one of these wonderful bags?wub.png

Or is it all just a big cat and mouse tease? bah.gif

It's so easy to criticize the cat bag campaign.

What would you prefer?

Thailand brand trading cards with photos of Thailand's highest earning sex workers?

Personally i would prefer a clamp down on jet Ski Scams, taxi scams, Tuk Tuk scams and less ripping off of tourist, and i am sure it would attract more repeat tourism, but that really would me Miracle Thailand / amazing Thailand all in one whistling.gif

Free moggy bags First to be given to various government offices. FOR WHAT ??? what %.? some tourists may get to see them, maybe Hi So Chinese tourists on a pre paid package.

My doubts are what company is to make them, ??? what material is used-disposable-plastic ???? are 7-11 going to have them OR are they given out at 5* hotels.

Edited by ginjag

Free moggy bags First to be given to various government offices. FOR WHAT ??? what %.? some tourists may get to see them, maybe Hi So Chinese tourists on a pre paid package.

My doubts are what company is to make them, ??? what material is used-disposable-plastic ???? are 7-11 going to have them OR are they given out at 5* hotels.

they should think of donating it to WHISKERS cat food! It will go international.

they should think of donating it to WHISKERS cat food! It will go international.

Normal idea for TAT 200+ high up staff will be given 1 bag and ALL will travel to different countries to give a bag to the head of that country---promoting TAT Thailand.

I though the real Siamese Cat more or less wanished from Thailand. Read a few years ago, that they would like it to come back.

No doubt it would have vanished in the POT like near all the other animals. OR sold to neighbouring countries.

I BET THE CAT IS NOT INTERESTED. They are owned and cherished by wealthy people, my god they are expensive to buy from a breeder in U.K. These are beatiful animals very intelligent but, VERY vocal ( like most PUSSY'S here)giggle.gif

• Like 2

I see the usual Thai Bashers are out in force

Tourism is up year on year here but that doesn't stop some people knocking TAT and Thais

Well TAT says it is not that I'm saying they are liars, just strangers to the truth

• Like 1