Letters proving income from UK embassy

First of all apologies for starting another visa thread but there is so much conflicting information on the forums and none of it seems to answer my question...which is.

I have a non im B single entry visa (90 days). Is it possible for me to get a letter proving income into my UK bank from the UK embassy and then get a one year multiple entry extension at immigration in Bangkok?

Obviously I would provide the neccessary paperwork for the UK Embassy.

If not, what are the requirements for a UK citizen acquiring a 'retirement. visa?

Thanks

SD

You are over age 50? You have 65k per month income? If yes to both you can get letter with proof of income from your Embassy and then use that to extend for retirement. Contact your Embassy for cost and exact requirements. Normally this is done with a non immigrant O visa entry but they should allow B and if not it would be easy enough to obtain locally. Make application during the last 30 days of current permitted to stay (although believe 45 days may now be accepted).

"...and then get a one year multiple entry extension at immigration in Bangkok?"

As others have posted above, you'll get a one year extension, but it won't be multiple entry.

When getting the extension, you can also apply for a multiple re-entry permit that will allow unlimited re-entries for the length of your current permission to stay.

That can be done at the same visit you get the extension and will cost 3800 baht.

"...and then get a one year multiple entry extension at immigration in Bangkok?"

As others have posted above, you'll get a one year extension, but it won't be multiple entry.

When getting the extension, you can also apply for a multiple re-entry permit that will allow unlimited re-entries for the length of your current permission to stay.

That can be done at the same visit you get the extension and will cost 3800 baht.

Since a single-entry re-entry permit only costs 1,000 THB the OP will only need a multiple-entry one if he has made definite plans for more than 3 trips abroad during the period of his extension of stay.

To the OP: click on https://www.gov.uk/notarial-and-documentary-services-guide-for-thailand for info on UK Embassy income confirmation letters (under the heading "Consular letter confirming pension/income for Thai Immigration").

In addition to the 'proof of income' from the UK Embassy, still take your bank book (they like to see money coming into Thailand and otherwise how do you support yourself) and also, as back-up, the original documents as supplied to the UK Embassy.

Have always given these to Immigration, though they have never been interested, but if you don't have them....?

Bottom line is be prepared with all supporting documentation just in case, though I have never had any problem with UK Embassy income letter alone.

Aye, twice the cost of the visa extension. Part of living in Thailand.

In addition to the 'proof of income' from the UK Embassy, still take your bank book (they like to see money coming into Thailand and otherwise how do you support yourself) and also, as back-up, the original documents as supplied to the UK Embassy.

Have always given these to Immigration, though they have never been interested, but if you don't have them....?

Bottom line is be prepared with all supporting documentation just in case, though I have never had any problem with UK Embassy income letter alone.

+1. The OP should also make sure that he takes along with him copies of his passport photo page plus all pages containing Thai Immigration stamps as well as the TM6 departure card (2 sets if he is seeking a re-entry permit at the same time). Also proof of his address (which, in my case, is my wife's blue tabien book + our KR2 & KR3 marriage certificates). Not that I've been asked for any of these docs either, but better safe than sorry as Bpuumike suggests.

If you have no plans to leave the country then the re entry permit is not required, and if you do at a later date is easily obtained when required at 1000 for a single one.

Might be worth the OP obtaining a single entry re-entry permit at least along with his annual extension, in case of (e.g.) a sudden family emergency necessitating a short-notice trip back home. I know you can obtain re-entry permits at Suvarnabhumi, but at least it will be one thing less to have to think about in such a situation if you've already got it. At my local immigration office (Maptaput) it is possible to obtain a re-entry permit at the same window and time as an annual extension, but I understand that at larger offices such a Bangkok you may need to queue up twice.

I did my retirement visa extension last month and the letter from the UK Embassy cost me 2,160 baht.

The extension at Nakhon Sawan cost me 1,900 baht and as I have no plans to leave the country I didn't bother with a re-entry permit.

This is my tick box to fill in for me for what is needed at Immigration.

I take the originals and 3 copies of what is on the list and then they can decide what they want to keep.

It worked for me.

Tick box for retirement extension 2014 v01.xls

Edited by billd766

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...