Timings for Thai "marriage" visa and achieving a Work Permit

Did I say Bank of Thailand? I wish.... Freudian slip. I actually meant Bank of Bangkok. LOL.

The 60 day extension may be the go but will check tomorrow as my wife has wisely decided to visit the local "dOmO" (must be Thai for immigration) to get the specific visa requirements from the Nong Prue office where we will be applying for the extension.

Did I say Bank of Thailand? I wish.... Freudian slip. I actually meant Bank of Bangkok. LOL.

The 60 day extension may be the go but will check tomorrow as my wife has wisely decided to visit the local "dOmO" (must be Thai for immigration) to get the specific visa requirements from the Nong Prue office where we will be applying for the extension.

Yes, Dtor Mor is immigration, you need to ask Labour re the WP issue were you to have a 60 day 'visting wife' extension; Labour will doubtless be located somewhere else.

Don't expect to get sensible advice about Work Permits from Immigration or for that matter answers re extensions from Labour as these guys belong to completely different sections of governement and often only have a very sketchy understaning of each other's procedures - they could ensd up giving you completely the wrong advice about the other department's methodology.

Check with Labour re issue of the WP with such a visa, that is the critcial issue; you doubtless would get such a 60 day extension providing you are legally marrried to a Thai and here on a non immigrant entry there is very minimal paperwork.

Edited by digitalchromakey

Hi Digital, Thanks for the info and clarification of Dtor Mor. I understand the "risks" regarding advice on "other" government departments here. It's similar in Australia but not quite so bad and seems to be a fundamental prerequisite to any government bureaucracy. ;-)

In any case, to clarify the Work Permit is not mandatory for me as I don't have to work in Thailand although in my original post I was open to the idea. If it becomes an option I will work in the region but outside of the LOS. A long shot but not critical.

Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app