TV set open all day?

NCFC

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are compared to westerners, just look at their iq levels. It's not their fault but the education system and the TV don't do much to improved their intelligence.

Note to self: Don't forget to download East Enders, Coronation Street & Emerdale (in that order) to develop mind...................coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif alt=coffee1.gif width=32 height=24>

Is East Enders still going?

At the Farm everything stopped when Blue Hills started on the radio.

If, as a youngster, I tried to break the verbal silence at that precious time, clip and ears do come to mind.

Truth David, i honestly haven't a clue! I can proudly say that i have never lowered myself to watching any of the soaps. That included the imported stuff from your end..............wink.png

IMHO, Kylie & Jason did more damage to our little island than any government before, present or in the future could ever hope to achieve..................thumbsup.gif

tongue.png

• Like 1

Though Rise and Shine on Inchannel is worth watching for the Thai news in English

You have a link for it on the internet?

thanks ...

It's not on the internet, it's available through truevisions, channel 90, I think

• Like 1

As a point of clarification TV = Television or Thaivisa?

Nooooo!!!!!

You'll be giving me nightmares imagining voices of Thaivisa members babbling all day!!!!

Nooooo!!!!

Please noooo!!!! sad.png

There's a thread, if Thai visa had a tv show, who would be the presenters and why?

We'd probably get Ray French to cover the Sports. He might struggle with Sepak Takraw and other roundball forms ...

Yemaightberaight theur, Allan

but I think most people would be happy

They are compared to westerners, just look at their iq levels. It's not their fault but the education system and the TV don't do much to improved their intelligence.

Note to self: Don't forget to download East Enders, Coronation Street & Emerdale (in that order) to develop mind...................coffee1.gif

Is East Enders still going?

At the Farm everything stopped when Blue Hills started on the radio.

If, as a youngster, I tried to break the verbal silence at that precious time, clip and ears do come to mind.

If I'm sat bickering on TV and I channel surf misfortunately through the Granada Channel, I'll watch half an episode of Coronation Street or Emmerdale. You might like to know that Pa Dingle has been rehabilitated into society, and was involved in the village cricket match. Granada wouldn't carry Eastenders in any case, thank goodness. No sign of Seth Armstrong, perhaps he's passed on, and Amos Hardcastle too... though he was quite young, really....

SC

• Like 1

A you paying a hefty electrical bill, or just get annoyed with the tv?? Get used to it.. Don't like it, leave thailand.. Simple.

Geez, I've seen plenty of Thai apology posts, but telling someone to "leave," make a major change in his life because he simply prefers not to listen to the boob tube all day in his own home, well ....

I love the way some people here attribute the stupid things some Thai people do as being because they have low iq or because they are Thai. It's a fine example of racist attitudes.

Whenever I visited my relatives house when I was a kid in UK, they'd have the tv on all day blaring in the background. Friends families did the same. They were all Brits. Bugger all to do with Thais or Thailand. Some people live that way. Not a race issue

I love the way some people here attribute the stupid things some Thai people do as being because they have low iq or because they are Thai. It's a fine example of racist attitudes.

Whenever I visited my relatives house when I was a kid in UK, they'd have the tv on all day blaring in the background. Friends families did the same. They were all Brits. Bugger all to do with Thais or Thailand. Some people live that way. Not a race issue

Yep. It's endemic everywhere.

But, I don't think the OP explicitly contended that it was just a Thai thing.

Yep. It's endemic everywhere.

But, I don't think the OP explicitly contended that it was just a Thai thing.

I agree, the OP doesn't but others have. So many people seem to have a sneering, superior attitude to Thais here, makes me wonder what they're doing in the country. There are stupid people all over the world. You cannot escape them, wherever you go.

I guess a lot of people leave the tv on all day in case they miss something. They dip in and out. Me, I hardly ever watch tv these days. Brain rot and propaganda

A you paying a hefty electrical bill, or just get annoyed with the tv?? Get used to it.. Don't like it, leave thailand.. Simple.

Geez, I've seen plenty of Thai apology posts, but telling someone to "leave," make a major change in his life because he simply prefers not to listen to the boob tube all day in his own home, well ....

I think cwong was making a poor attempt at talking like a grown up!

So how do you explain your post then?

He's watched television.

• Like 2

Turns out Amos' name is Brearly, not Hardcastle. My apologies for any inconvenience caused.

a timely reminder of the importance of concentrating when watching television, and that you can't believe everything you read on the internet

Definitely wasn't allowed growing up in the US, but I remember there were homes where that was normal.

Here, yeah, they like to have that thing on all <deleted> day, just like OP described. I just turn it off if no one is watching. Sometimes, you would be surprised--people will just leave it off. If it is really driving you nuts and no one is watching it, but all sort of around, you can say (in Thai) "is anyone watching this? It is noisy." Not angrily, mind you. I find that most of the time people will leave it off if it is annoying you in your house (graeng jai, etc.)

With the kids, we just make non-TV times and give them reading materials or games.

Anyway, yeah, it isn't just your house. Most of the houses around here have the TV on if anyone is home.

I'll wager that there are many thai's with a higher iq than you. your seem to be profiling.

I'm sure there are but Thai Tv is still for morons and designed to keep them that way.

I have to admit that a TV blaring away in a room full of people when they aren't watching it is distracting to me. If I get a guest or guests, I consider it common courtesy to turn the TV off so we can talk without the distraction. Even every day life with family will cause a TV to be distracting to me unless someone is watching it.

If I wanted to watch TV and others weren't, I'd go into another room and turn one on.

To each his own.

That's all? You have no more for OP?rolleyes.gif

You get annoyed with his thread or just don't like Thai Visa? Don't like it, leave TV...Simple.tongue.png

• Like 1

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that hoary old belief that our indigenous folk must have constant noise, because if there's silence, then you must be dead. Hence the TV being on all the time. Dontcha just luv it? No TV or stereo in my house. When I want a noise infusion, I just head off to Big C or Tesco, top up to irritation level, and come home and kick the dog. Life can be simple, if you want it to be.

There's a new coffee shop at the new gas station a mile up the road from my house, outside of Rhek Thum, on a back road. I was the only customer a few days ago when I discovered it.

Nature setting, nicely done wood floors and walls covered with orchids and fountains with tinkling water. There's cows in the rice field immediately out back, grazing and lowing contentedly against a backdrop of mountains. Minimal vehicular traffic. Very, very quiet.

Ex-ceeeeeeeept for the television blaring out with either screaming and sobbing soap stars, or that alleged "comedian" named something like Maam, who makes the Three Stooges look cerebral.

I haven't been back since that one time.

I used to live in a large apartment. The radio was always on. I did not notice the noise of people yelling and arguing outside on the stairs. When it was turned off everything would be peaceful and then suddlenly some outside noise which proved distracting. I know which I would rather have.

Dude..me no thai...pity u making that kind of suggestion..

I think cwong was making a poor attempt at talking like a grown up!

Thank you so much, i guess everyone in here are pretty grown up man.....

Peace... :-p