Name your suggested non-dessert SPLURGE dish at a Pattaya restaurant!

Jingthing

When you feel like having a special (NON-DESSERT) food TREAT at a Pattaya restaurant (or Naklua, Jomtien) what is it and where?

General suggestions:

It can be ANY nationality of food including of course Thai.

It doesn't have to be expensive, but it likely won't be cheap because then it wouldn't be such a special treat.

If it's something wonderful but available everywhere like Tom Yum it probably doesn't fit with being super special in Pattaya

It doesn't have to be super rich in fat and calories but it CAN be. Just wonderful and special to you regardless of calories.

It doesn't have to be a super fancy well known restaurant. It can be any restaurant including open air dives. It's the DISH that matters here.

So if you've got any ideas on this line, please share your picks.

When listing, please include the name of the dish, description if not obvious, name of restaurant, location of restaurant if not well known, and estimated price.

If you can't be bothered to include all that but you've still got a good idea, please post it anyway.

Thanks!

Edited by Jingthing

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, here's a boiled down version of the question:

When you want to go out to local restaurant to reward yourself with a SPECIAL treat, what do you order and where? (But not dessert foods.)

Probably the best I can do with this.

On the other hand:

Yummy food item, what you like, where you go? rolleyes.gif

Edited by Jingthing

Nong Nual (sp.?) on Walking Street...at the end next where you turn left to the Arab places. The restaurant has a patio that is over the water. At night it is "romantic." Try the spiny lobster. Splurge........yuuuuuumm.

Thanks!

You've got the concept.

I used to go to that place a lot.

Never had spiny lobster.

General comment: The setting, view, ambiance romantic or otherwise, is not the focus of the question though helpful to mention it.

The place can be a total DUMP.

The point here is totally about the DISH of FOOD.

Not about romancing. About EATING.

In other words, the type of question, what fancy place do I take my lady for our anniversary is a great question, but that is NOT the question here and that kind of question has been asked here before, a number of times.

Edited by Jingthing

Beef beef beef - all you can grill and eat - 499 Baht - A.K.A Central festival - even though have to do 2 additional hours of gym after having been there

Sent from my HTC One XL using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I do not eat out much, with the pair of us sharing cooking at home, so any 'eating-outs' is a splurge.

Thick, juicy gammon steak with peneapple, eggs, chips, veggies and a small side salad. Delicious. Usually eaten at the Shagwell on Soi Arunothai. Clean, friendly, plenty of fans to keep the air moving. Sport on lots of tv screens too. Abt 160 Baht (went up recently).

Best of all I love Roast Beef n Yorkshire pudding. With mashed tatties, roast tatties, veggies, gravy and horseradish sauce. At 18 coins, Soi Buakhao. Good service, people watching from the right table. Plenty of fans to keep you cool. Not expensive but cannot remember how much.

Can I list a 3rd? Christmas Dinner with all the trimmings including xmas pud !! Only ever had it once in over 7 Christmases here.

^^^ sad, but I eat out so little laugh.png

Now I'm hungry :(

• Like 1

Grilled german pork leg, at the German Garden. Cheap! 285 baht

Pork Ribs - Lone star Texas Grill in soi Lengkee. Cheap too!

I'd really very much like to eat Western-style Chinese food such as a crispy duck with cantonese rice. I've narrowed down possible venues to the Chinese restaurant at the Royal Cliff and another (was it at nthe Montien hotel?) But I'm too stingy to try them out. Can anyone give some feedback on them and the crispy duck there?

I would also really enjoy a very good steak and also kobe beef, but as I said I'm too stingy to go to the top venues for that.

I will keep an eye on this thread to see which specials can be enjoyed where, maybe I'll join in :-)

Beef beef beef - all you can grill and eat - 499 Baht - A.K.A Central festival - even though have to do 2 additional hours of gym after having been there

where would that be, or is there a restaurant called beef beef beef ?

Squid Ink Pasta at Wandee House, Naklua soi 18? in the middle, on the left as you head towards Wong Amat,

Is this going to turn into the best dishes at a Restaurants we like?

Apparently it's Soi 16. Looks good!

post-37101-0-67114100-1376562036_thumb.j

http://www.pattayaconcierge.com/specified-place/wandee-house-fine-dining-restaurant/200800000137/restaurant/

People can name one or multiple dishes they love at one or various restaurants, their call.

The intended focus here however is the specific DISHES (and where of course) as opposed to restaurant recommendations per se.

That's the hopefully more NOVEL concept of this thread.

Edited by Jingthing

AKA restaurant, 5th floor inside Central festival, 2nd road side. You order he beef you like and grill it on the charcoal table grill.

AKA restaurant, 5th floor inside Central festival, 2nd road side. You order he beef you like and grill it on the charcoal table grill.

Never been there, maybe I give it a try.

Are there beef cuts available with fat or is it only lean meat?

Not sure if the name you posted is correct but there was a place the wife and I would frequent on 5th floor at festival next to the festival dept store. Has a Japanese look to it and you have charcoal grill at the table. Price was 399thb all you can eat ++. They had many different cuts of beef, both imported and local. They also had seafood (I'm not seafood guy personally). Pork and chick also on the menu. You fill out a little paper with what you want and they come bring you more. They also have a soup pot addon you can get or can just order off the menu and skip the all you can eat part.

I agree it's a treat and the wife and I would go there and get stuffed. Might have to make a visit there this weekend since it's been a while since we splurged on eating out.

Not sure if the name you posted is correct but there was a place the wife and I would frequent on 5th floor at festival next to the festival dept store. Has a Japanese look to it and you have charcoal grill at the table. Price was 399thb all you can eat ++. They had many different cuts of beef, both imported and local. They also had seafood (I'm not seafood guy personally). Pork and chick also on the menu. You fill out a little paper with what you want and they come bring you more. They also have a soup pot addon you can get or can just order off the menu and skip the all you can eat part.

I agree it's a treat and the wife and I would go there and get stuffed. Might have to make a visit there this weekend since it's been a while since we splurged on eating out.

Sukishi

try Ninja Mokhata Buffet, motorbike taxi will take u..

u pay like 300-400 per person, no time limit

selfservice

u got grill on ur table, and big grill u can give them to grill for u what u want

rock lobsters awailable, fish, sea food pork beef, quite good smile.png

Edited by mataleo

try Ninja Mokhata Buffet, motorbike taxi will take u..

u pay like 300-400 per person, no time limit

selfservice

u got grill on ur table, and big grill u can give them to grill for u what u want

rock lobsters awailable, fish, sea food pork beef, quite good smile.png

I like Mookata myself, but since there are many good places for that, I don't think that's what JT had in mind for this thread.

Superstar with Cheese from Carl's Jnr.

Not a chicken with a tin of beer up its arse lol lol

OP says "restaurant".....not what I cook at home.

No ozzie restaraunts that have on a menu lol

btw j,off topic,an ozzie neighbour of mine is having his grand opening of a sports bar about 24th or 25th August.I here its south 3rd,near to pattaya thai intersection,we can meet there if u are interested,plenty of ozzie and brit/ozzie expats will be there

Peking Duck at Marco Polo (Montien).

what's the price for that?

I cant remember as been a few months but its not cheap. They only serve the skin there with the pancakes etc, the rest of the duck is then taken away and you can chose how you want it done, 2 or 3 ways from about 5 choices.