Any Doctors on TV - Insurance Quote Exclusions

Dazinoz

Hi,

Wife and I recently moved to Thailand and just in the process of trying to obtain medical insurance. I did not realise so hard to find something decent at a reasonable price. I guess one of my problems is comparing to my Australian policy. I don't want worldwide coverage, just coverage for thailand and I will take out travel insurance for us if we go overseas.

My wife and I both have hypertension and are both on medication which has both our hypertension under control. I did apply for a policy with ACS ASIA. We received a medical decision from them with exclusions and I am concerned with the wording. They said they might accept our application under the following condition "1° with the exclusion of cardiac and/or vascular disorders and their neurological complications for yourself and your Wife."

The exclusion seem very broad to me. I could have a stroke or an anurism and they would not be covered because they are both vascular related. The stupid thing is if we did not know we had it we would be covered for everything at a later date but because we know and have it under control we will not be covered.

Ok, to my question. Is there any doctors on TV that could comment on the exclusion from ACS.

Thanks in advance.

At least that company tells you about this. Many other would just insure you and later, upon arriving in a hospital with cardiac and/or vascular disorders and their neurological complications for yourself and your Wife, saying that they won't cover due to pre-existing ...

You could try to see a cardiologist and have him to mention about your blood pressure being under control or even checking it pre- and post- exercise (immediately after and a few minutes after to assess recuperation), maybe including an ultrasound or x-ray of your heart showing that (hopefully) it hasn't been enlarged yet (due to chronic HT) ... Upon that cardio's complete assessment you could ask a reconsideration from ACS.

Edited by chakatee