Australian arrested in Pattaya for threatening Australian embassy

webfact

A child born overseas to an Australian national and registered with the Australian embassy is automatically an Australian citizen, he should have stayed cool, taken the daughter on a holiday to Grandma in oz and stayed there, chances would have been slightly better and the payoff,more affordable......anyway..coffee1.gif

As he did not have sole custody awarded by a Thai court, requires Thai mothers written permission for the child to depart Thailand

My understanding of the law (both Thialand or Australia) is that you only need written permission from both legal parents to get a passport (Thai or Aussie) for a child. Once you have a passport its easy to take them out of the country.

My kids have flown to/from Thailand accompanied only by thier Thai grandmother (different last name) & no one asks any questions.

FYI Note that me & my wife we are not spearate etc

Not sure if once the kid has a passport if one parent can contact immigration to deny permission to travel. But by default they will not stop anyone if they have a passport(+visas if applicable but my kids all have 2 passports Thai +Aussie)

Happened with someone I know in Australia whose Thai fiance was trying to flee the relationship & take their child back to Thailand, she & child were stopped at the airport - have to admit the guy was an arsexxxx. He eventually lost the custody battle & she remained in Australia with baby.

But how did Asutralian Immigration knwo to stop her?

Did the father alert them to this?

My wife & mother in law have flown wiht my kids but no one ever asks me if its okay. So I figure he woudl have had to have actively told them that permission was deinied- ?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A child born overseas to an Australian national and registered with the Australian embassy is automatically an Australian citizen, he should have stayed cool, taken the daughter on a holiday to Grandma in oz and stayed there, chances would have been slightly better and the payoff,more affordable......anyway..coffee1.gif

As he did not have sole custody awarded by a Thai court, requires Thai mothers written permission for the child to depart Thailand

I went with my 6 year young Thai son on holiday to Malaysia (Moto GP event), no questions asked !

Went more than once over the land border with my different sons to Laos in Nong Khai, no questions asked!

Have the same family names in Thai- and my Passport.

But, had never any certificate, proofing my right, permission from mother with me!

Also when with the mother and children crossing borders, the children walk with me in a different queue, never questions asked.

Regarding a 8 month young Baby, even a more easy afford to bring the Baby unseen out. Details not allowed here. rolleyes.gif

What the law says is the theoretical point, the practical point is most times different! Special in SEA and TH. tongue.png

Permission from parents is required before a pssport can be issued, not for each exi from the country. Once issued then you can travel freely as you have done.

Happened with someone I know in Australia whose Thai fiance was trying to flee the relationship & take their child back to Thailand, she & child were stopped at the airport - have to admit the guy was an arsexxxx. He eventually lost the custody battle & she remained in Australia with baby.

My wife & mother in law have flown wiht my kids but no one ever asks me if its okay. So I figure he woudl have had to have actively told them that permission was deinied- ?

Someone had told him fiance was departing australia with the child. He contacted the police whom I assume alerted AFP/ immigration. As you can ascertain the complaint was acted on very quickly.

Edited by simple1

Permission from parents is required before a pssport can be issued, not for each exi from the country. Once issued then you can travel freely as you have done.

I know, smile.png But -Simple1- had his doubts. wink.png

what doubts?

what doubts?

".....requires Thai mothers written permission for the child to depart Thailand. " rolleyes.gif

There are now several posters in that thread including me, who write,

= I crossed the Thai border. left Thailand without any problem of the Thai Immigration, without any written permission of the mother to leave Thailand with my/our child. =

Edited by ALFREDO

what doubts?

".....requires Thai mothers written permission for the child to depart Thailand. " rolleyes.gif

In the context of the OP for the guy to obtain a Thai passport for the child to depart Thailand & to obtain an Australian passport, when in contention with the Thai wife, you will find I am correct let's leave it at that...

I really feel sorry for the little girl, that probably will not receive a proper education and that will be brought up in a country that has no moral compass and no wisdom.

Thai children get a better education than children in many other countries, I am sure a child on some farmstead in the outback receives great schooling with "School of the Air", and has a great childhood growing up with no one near their own age to play with.

• 3 months later...
Travis Moore sent post an email today attaching photos of text message he received reporting the death of his child and the child's mother, Jeep.

2. The text messages are in Thai and appear to be sent from Jeep's phone. The unofficial translation is as follows:

"Jeep and the baby died last night. Jeep mixed bathroom cleaning product with milk for the baby to drink and she also drank it. Travis, don’t come, because Jeep’s dad is devastated because you killed his daughter and grandchild. He’ll shoot you if you come"

3. Mr Moore's email to post suggests he plans to arm himself.

4. Post immediately contacted local police in Mueang Sukhothai District, where the mother and child lived. Police advised us that there is no record of Warakan Wichitkaew (Jeep) death or that of the child, however they will visit the mother and child's home tonight to confirm their well-being. Police will contact post following their visit.

5. Mr Moore has previously raised concerns about the welfare of his child. Post advised Mr Moore to contact the Department of Social Welfare who can assist him with issues regarding the welfare of his child.

6. Post has not yet responded to Mr Moore's email as we are waiting for further advice from police.

So the Australian that called me a pig!! what r your thoughts now?

email me with your thoughts

Edited by Rimmer
email removed as per forum rules

First they told me to wait until the next day and either call the police in ######## which I did and no one could speak English, or go there and find out for my self. Thai's with unregistered guns good idea...not.

Trudy McGowan
First Secretary and Consul
Australian Embassy Bangkok

Thanks Australian Embassy.
Edited by Rimmer
email and phone numbers removed

yes they are not helpful at all in that regard, but neither should they be.... its not their job to get involved in international custody battles but they can be quite smarmy about how they tell you about it so I can empathise with him for getting abusive to them wai.gif

With you all the way.

WOW!!!

Big Kids!

Sticks n stones will break my bones

but words will never hurt me!!!

Embassy: You know that bloke who keeps asking for our help and we pass him on to someone else to talk to?

Well, hey look, I´ve found a way to make that his life even harder -

we can prosecute him because he vented his frustration on us.

Embassy: Well done mate, this job is hard enough without having to deal with troubled-makers like him!

What do they think we are here for anyway?

Shame on the embassy staff - no compassion.

He might have had more success ringing the Samaritans.....

• report [sEC=UNCLASSIFIED]‏
Travis Moore sent post an email today attaching photos of text message he received reporting the death of his child and the child's mother, Jeep.
2. The text messages are in Thai and appear to be sent from Jeep's phone. The unofficial translation is as follows:
"Jeep and the baby died last night. Jeep mixed bathroom cleaning product with milk for the baby to drink and she also drank it. Travis, don’t come, because Jeep’s dad is devastated because you killed his daughter and grandchild. He’ll shoot you if you come"
3. Mr Moore's email to post suggests he plans to arm himself.
4. Post immediately contacted local police in Mueang Sukhothai District, where the mother and child lived. Police advised us that there is no record of Warakan Wichitkaew (Jeep) death or that of the child, however they will visit the mother and child's home tonight to confirm their well-being. Police will contact post following their visit.
5. Mr Moore has previously raised concerns about the welfare of his child. Post advised Mr Moore to contact the Department of Social Welfare who can assist him with issues regarding the welfare of his child.
6. Post has not yet responded to Mr Moore's email as we are waiting for further advice from police.
Trudy McGowan
First Secretary and Consul
Australian Embassy Bangkok
Direct +662 344 6453
Switch+662 344 6300

My understanding of the law (both Thialand or Australia) is that you only need written permission from both legal parents to get a passport (Thai or Aussie) for a child. Once you have a passport its easy to take them out of the country.

My kids have flown to/from Thailand accompanied only by thier Thai grandmother (different last name) & no one asks any questions.

FYI Note that me & my wife we are not spearate etc

Not sure if once the kid has a passport if one parent can contact immigration to deny permission to travel. But by default they will not stop anyone if they have a passport(+visas if applicable but my kids all have 2 passports Thai +Aussie)

Might be different females flying with a child as opposed to a lone male doing the same...unfortunately...but also fortunately I guess.

I also have not been asked anything when flying/travelling alone with my kids....but not out of Australia, only in Asia.

Even though I feel bad for the op's situation, I cant help but feel people need to think before having unprotected sex, and wait till they are in a stable relationship before having kids. It seems at most only after 6 months he had spilt from the mother. The biggest looser here in the child.

What do you think the chances of a foreign national having a baby in the uk, oz, usa , Europe with a native woman and taking the child back to there home country? Very slim.

I think that the user "newbie" might be our Rocket Scientiest himself...... What can i say if you put up some of the communication between yourself and the embassy staff then you should expect that people might figure out who you are. Threatening embassy staff, dosen't really make for fater of the year material if you ask me. Why don't you tell us exactly what you said to them instead of hiding behind garbled messages?????? Somehow i don't think that the embassy would have contacted the thai police if you hadnt of really crossed the line. Im sure they are used to idiots getting angry, so what was it that really happened i wonder?????

I wonder what's in the photo? The offended telephone at the embassy?

No.

It's of the animals he referred the embassy people as.

Police: look at this pictures mate, did you call the counsellor a Kwai?

Aussie: I plead the 5th.

Police: you called him an idiot then?

Aussie: I still want me daughter, can you help? I ll make it worth your while.

what's the 5th?????

AMERICAN : Remain silent so as not to incriminate myself.........5th Amendment

Helped Gotti, Capone, Nixon & other notables at different timescoffee1.gif

I think that the user "newbie" might be our Rocket Scientiest himself...... What can i say if you put up some of the communication between yourself and the embassy staff then you should expect that people might figure out who you are. Threatening embassy staff, dosen't really make for fater of the year material if you ask me. Why don't you tell us exactly what you said to them instead of hiding behind garbled messages?????? Somehow i don't think that the embassy would have contacted the thai police if you hadnt of really crossed the line. Im sure they are used to idiots getting angry, so what was it that really happened i wonder?????

But did the mother actually kill herself and child or was it just a threat, attention grabbing?