Add this bike shop to your black list!

surfinglife

There is a relatively new motorcycle / car showroom workshop just outside Pattaya on Sukhumvit immediately before Pattaya Floating Market. A quick warning to any unsuspecting potential customers! Give those crooks a wide berth! A couple of months ago I saw I bike there which I liked so I immediately put a 40k deposit on it with the balance to be paid upon handing over of the green book, change of ownership etc. A month later the guy still couldn't produce the green book which started to look suspicious so I decided to pull out of the deal and asked for my deposit back. All I got was a stack of broken English abuse which supposedly meant "You will never get your money back!". So far my lawyer has managed to extract half the sum out of that SOAB and hopefully the other half will follow soon. Not a nice experience so do yourselves a favour and pretend that shop doesn't exist. I have since bought a brand new bike and recommend it as the best way to avoid unnecessary hassles.

Happy riding!

• Like 1

Got a mate who dropped 1 millon cash on a Ducati more than 12 months ago, still no book or number plate............. yes he is real pissed.

Weren't there some recent reports that the Pattaya Ducati shop was raided ? Most of the time there is a reason for.

"There is a relatively new motorcycle / car showroom workshop just outside Pattaya on Sukhumvit immediately before Pattaya Floating Market. "

Just to help out....would this be within 500 metres? Or a 1000 metres? I saw a bike at a showroom in that general area and it would be handy if I knew.

Got a mate who dropped 1 millon cash on a Ducati more than 12 months ago, still no book or number plate............. yes he is real pissed.

Weren't there some recent reports that the Pattaya Ducati shop was raided ? Most of the time there is a reason for.

Well yes it was raided.

As it turns out the raid was directed by Ducati BKK........... I won't go into details but Ducati BKK are now running the show (think loss of face because Pattaya was out selling BKK 10 fold).

Tony still runs Ducati Pattaya.

I took me 8 months for my green book to appear here in CM but registered in Lampang and in the name of owner of shop. After getting her to sign the transfer paper went to the Land and Tax department in Nong Hoi it took 3 days to transfer from Lampang to CM and then another trip for name transfer. Then waited 2 months for plate. The actual transfer of district and name 1 week.

From Thonglor?

Well yes it was raided.

As it turns out the raid was directed by Ducati BKK........... I won't go into details but Ducati BKK are now running the show (think loss of face because Pattaya was out selling BKK 10 fold).

Let me get this right? You say Ducati Bkk have Ducati Pattaya raided because they're outselling the main Bangkok dealers 10 fold? Any proof to back this up, or just heresay?

As Ducati Thonglor are selling bikes hand over fist and have to open a large,new workshop on Vipawadee-Rangsit to handle the demand, the Pattaya branch must have been doing absolutely incredible business. Both times I've been to Ducati Pattaya, I was the only one there, while Thonglor is usually very busy. I wonder whether there was any other reason the Pattaya branch was raided?

One more thing is confusing about your post. You say "Ducati BKK are now running the show". Which I take to mean Ducati Bkk are running the day-to-day business at Ducati Pattaya. You then say "Tony still runs Ducati Pattaya".

A little confusing. Maybe a little more detail would help.

^^^ I also heard a different take. Yes ducati bkk has taken over and tony is out. I dont know the reason why. Tony moved his bikes to a shop on sukumvit. The police came there and asked to see books. The response was do you have a warrant? Then tony spent some time in the monkey house.....

fyi there are regular checks in these shops for books. I have been to shops and all the bikes are gone. I ask why and they say police are coming.

From Thonglor?

Well yes it was raided.

Let me get this right? You say Ducati Bkk have Ducati Pattaya raided because they're outselling the main Bangkok dealers 10 fold? Any proof to back this up, or just heresay?

As Ducati Thonglor are selling bikes hand over fist and have to open a large,new workshop on Vipawadee-Rangsit to handle the demand, the Pattaya branch must have been doing absolutely incredible business. Both times I've been to Ducati Pattaya, I was the only one there, while Thonglor is usually very busy. I wonder whether there was any other reason the Pattaya branch was raided?

One more thing is confusing about your post. You say "Ducati BKK are now running the show". Which I take to mean Ducati Bkk are running the day-to-day business at Ducati Pattaya. You then say "Tony still runs Ducati Pattaya".

A little confusing. Maybe a little more detail would help.

Yes you read it correctly.