Cost to move air conditioner unit

samsara

2500 bt is ok with me as it's the gas that is expensive

i dunno. have to travel pretty far to justify 1500thb worth of gas. laugh.png

It's not the gas for the vehicle. It's the cost of the Freon used in the A/C. When they move it, they have to let out all the Freon and start over.

The freon is not so expensive to buy a refill. A full air con freon recharge would cost less than 100 baht. (That's the freon cost only for a part bottle, no labour etc)

Might be only that if they use freon but they cannot. It a cfc and more expensive non cfc products must be used. You also have not taken into account if the move will require rewiring and supply of new pipe if the old pipe cannot be recovered.

Cleaning costs inside and out is at least 500 and can be 1000 so depending on what you get it may be cheap.

The freon is not so expensive to buy a refill. A full air con freon recharge would cost less than 100 baht. (That's the freon cost only for a part bottle, no labour etc)

Might be only that if they use freon but they cannot. It a cfc and more expensive non cfc products must be used. You also have not taken into account if the move will require rewiring and supply of new pipe if the old pipe cannot be recovered.

Cleaning costs inside and out is at least 500 and can be 1000 so depending on what you get it may be cheap.

I thought freon has been a No-No for many years but.... TIT

In either case (R34 or R410a) it is recovered in a tank, and re-used. Ideally, they wouldn't have to add any at all. They don't even release it into the air in Thailand. They quit selling R34 units in the States about 4 years ago, so most units are still using R34, unless it is a relatively newer unit. Siam TV charged me 500 THB for taking out an old one, and putting in a new one. That was five years ago. I think 1500 ish would be more fair. I also recommend putting a mesh screen over the end of your drip line, to avoid getting a bunch of mosquitos up in it, that will cause it to block and drip water inside. This is very common in Thailand.

http://www.epatest.com Here is a free online course you can take, if you would like to know more about it.

• 4 weeks later...