I need a new place to swap books

rmicheald

I have about twenty books I have finished and I need to find a new place to swap them for ones I haven't read. The couple of local bars and the expat clubs have been exhausted so I need somewhere new.

I would prefer a straight swap my book for a new book, but would go to somewhere CHEAP if I didn't have to pay too much.

Thanks in advance.

I live two hours plus from anyplace I could get an English Language Book and sometimes I go through them every two days. So I learnt long ago the value of ebooks. I was reading them on my PDA (remember them) now I read them on my smart phone. If you want to be completely honest and look around you can get some very good deals, especially on lesser known authors. I just bought a book for 99 cents. Or if you want to be perhaps not as honest you can find most authors on piratebay. Ebooks are very convenient, if you use your phone as your reader they are always with you and if you finnish one and forgot to store a spare on your phone you just go on the net and get a new one. Doesn't matter where you are as long as you have a signal.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Try Canterbury Tales Bookshop on Soi Chaiyapoon. They will give you store credit for your old books, and they have a buy back policy on books you buy from them. Great selection of used books. I have been going there for a few years now and have always come back home with a bag full of books. www.canterburytalescafe.com

I swapped a few Thai novels at Star Books for the GF. I took in 4 read once books, which he allowed me 50 baht each on, then I picked out 4 dog eared musty smelling old books (they were all like that) and it still cost me 200 baht. The GF won't touch them, she says they smell dirty. I wouldn't bother again, but he might be OK for English novels, didn't check those out. Why would I when I have a Nook? Pity I can't find Thai Ebooks, then I'd never have to buy a book again.

Go online and get your books for free or if you want to pay use Kobo or one of the other sites for online books.

You get a huge range of books from the comfort of your computer to browse and select.

Get a Nook or a Kindle and download thousands from Piratebay.com. Unfortunately, no Thai language books.

Go online and get your books for free or if you want to pay use Kobo or one of the other sites for online books.

You get a huge range of books from the comfort of your computer to browse and select.

Get a Nook or a Kindle and download thousands from Piratebay.com. Unfortunately, no Thai language books.

Or buy them so the poor author gets a little change. I certainly download new authors first to test the water but I'm not above paying for authors I like. I want them to be able to maintain a level of quality.

There isn't as much fat in a book as compared to a movie so please consider that.

Sent from Android please excuse errors in type or judgement

• Like 1

Or buy them so the poor author gets a little change. I certainly download new authors first to test the water but I'm not above paying for authors I like. I want them to be able to maintain a level of quality.

There isn't as much fat in a book as compared to a movie so please consider that.

Sent from Android please excuse errors in type or judgement

Yeah, I'm sure Dean Koontz , Stephen King, Dan Brown etc. are doing it tough.

It is ridiculous that the price to download most Kindle titles sometimes cost more than what Amazon's own physical books, it almost makes Asiabooks price bearable.

But for the convenience of not having to go out to the shops and getting obscure books, I categorize what I pay for the kindle books as small luxury of not having to wait for books to ship from Amazon or going to Chatujak to get cheap paperbacks.

• 3 weeks later...

Chaya books on chaiyapruek jontiem

Exchange a book of yours in ok condition and pick a book from big selection @ 50 baht

If Richard is outside chat to him and drink coffee

Sent from my GT-S5570B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I bit the bullet and bought a 10" tablet. I think that will be a better alternative than trying to swap physical books. Plus, I don't have to leave the light on and the girlfriend can sleep better.

Thanks for all the input.

I believe tablets can be a bit hard on the eyes for lengthy reading, that's why I bought a Nook, it's just like reading a regular book. If I want to read in bed I have a booklight I just clip to the Nook.

• Like 2

Chaya books on chaiyapruek jontiem

Exchange a book of yours in ok condition and pick a book from big selection @ 50 baht

If Richard is outside chat to him and drink coffee

Sent from my GT-S5570B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I am location challenged especially in Thailand.

Could you be more specific or exact even about finding this place please?

Brass monkey bar on soi nernplabwan has a free book exchange for customers

Half their books are Dutch language and the other half is pretty limited. There is probably a total of 50 books max. I certainly wouldn't be driving from Pattaya for their book selection. Good bar though.

Edited by giddyup