Panthip Plaza. Lesson Learned.

chiangmaisurprise

I'm always baffled by the lack of customer service at some of the kiosks in Panthip Plaza. Notably the one directly in front of the book store that sells Phones and Acccesories. How is that these mongrels stay in business? If I purchase something yesterday and today I return it because its a fake and doesn't work the way it's advertised, you would think one should get their money back. Right? No! Not here!! Stay away from this place. I've learned my lesson. I will only buy from large electronic stores with return policies. Just happy I didn't loose much money on this item.

For shoddy business practices at one kiosk you are going to condemn the whole mall. I have never had a problem with office depot. Should I say the whole mall is wonderful. Stay away from it and you will also be staying a way from one of the best computer repairmen in Chiang Mai.

Yes I know there is a lot of other ones who are good but why avoid one because of a badly run kiosk on another floor.

Where did the OP say stay away from Pantip Plaza? He said the kiosk across from "the book store." And then he goes on to talk about his experience at "this place," and that he will look at buying from larger electronic stores "with return policies." Geez, get a grip.

And I agree, I always buy my electronics at Siam or the large electronic store at Airport Plaza. Completely legit and western style return policies.

Edited by BuddhaMind
  • Like 1

For shoddy business practices at one kiosk you are going to condemn the whole mall. I have never had a problem with office depot. Should I say the whole mall is wonderful. Stay away from it and you will also be staying a way from one of the best computer repairmen in Chiang Mai.

Yes I know there is a lot of other ones who are good but why avoid one because of a badly run kiosk on another floor.

Where did the OP say stay away from Pantip Plaza? He said the kiosk across from "the book store." And then he goes on to talk about his experience at "this place," and that he will look at buying from larger electronic stores "with return policies." Geez, get a grip.

And I agree, I always buy my electronics at Siam or the large electronic store at Airport Plaza. Completely legit and western style return policies.

Northernjohn, I specifically said "some kiosks" and then pointed out a particular one. I shop at Panthip all the time and have bought computers and accesories from the other floors. This experience has reminded me to always look for businesses that offer a return policy and to hopefully remind others to do the same.

Sorry you misunderstood. It helps if you re-read posts a few times before commenting to avoid embarrassment.

Thanks for backing me up BuddhaMind :)

• Like 2

I have found that in Thailand once you bought it ..........it is yours.

Yes they will take it back & send it to tech support maybe

But by & large refund is a foreign concept here ( in my experience )

I even bought one of those Cyberdict talking dictionaries years ago at Suriwong

Not cheap mind you. Well it pooped its pants 3 days later & I took it back.

They sent it to Bangkok for repairs & that was the only option.

I'm gonna side with northernjohn on this one. You titled it "Pantip Plaza...." Not, the shop here or there. Its the same as saying you had a problem in Chiang Mai and warning people not to go to Thailand. Its sensationalizing to get readers...

But seriously, nothing at those kiosks are real, but usually they will take non working items back in exchange for another.

Northernjohn, I specifically said "some kiosks" and then pointed out a particular one. I shop at Panthip all the time and have bought computers and accesories from the other floors. This experience has reminded me to always look for businesses that offer a return policy and to hopefully remind others to do the same.

Sorry you misunderstood. It helps if you re-read posts a few times before commenting to avoid embarrassment.

Thanks for backing me up BuddhaMind smile.png

You had me fooled to with the Title

Maybe you ought to learn to write articles about your titles.

You aren't by any chance a reporter for the Nation are you?

Perhaps BuddhaMind ought to learn to read titles.

Edited by hellodolly

Thanks for backing me up BuddhaMind smile.png

Only fools get fooled. The title is what makes people click and read. I thing you clicked but didn't read. Thanks for proving my title was effective.

• Like 1

Only fools get fooled. The title is what makes people click and read. I thing you clicked but didn't read. Thanks for proving my title was effective.

Were you fooled when you purchased ? You said you returned it because it was fake. Did you think it was not fake when you bought it?

• Like 1

Were you fooled when you purchased ? You said you returned it because it was fake. Did you think it was not fake when you bought it?

Fooled no. Lied to, yes!

It was my mistake I took him to be honest with the title.

He now admit's it was just a come on. As one of the previous posters said Like a reporter for the Nation. Write drivel but put on a large print title for sensationalism that has nothing to do with it.

I ain't said nuffin yet why bring me into it just because your right cheesy.gif

• Like 1

It was my mistake I took him to be honest with the title.

He now admit's it was just a come on. As one of the previous posters said Like a reporter for the Nation. Write drivel but put on a large print title for sensationalism that has nothing to do with it.

Lets be fair here. The title is honest. It was a lesson learned at Panthip Plaza.

• Like 1

Buyer beware is true here as everywhere but can be true here more often. Lying is part of the business culture and ripping off the next guy to make up for getting ripped off yourself by the last seems to be some people's mindset. Ever asked for something in writing before agreeing, being refused ("don't worry about it") with the concluding outcome being what you were concerned about originally? Mys favorite is when I'm told it's guaranteed and when I ask what the guarantee is I'm told "I guarantee it!" (not a money back, replacement etc.) coming from the likely dishonest merchant. Consider it a cheap lesson as I know people who have lost hundreds of thousands, some even at large stores with polices in place.

Edited by junglechef

Um, I read the title and made no assumptions hellodolly. Because the title of an article is not the story. I saw (read) the title and it brought me INTO the story. I then read the story and saw that it was about one kiosk. Quite simple. And I didn't get upset about being led in, as I thought it was helpful, unlike the other silly member. And now you and your arrogant comment. How sad.

In fairness to cyberdic they gave me great service at reasonable prices with a new battery and a broken screen. Yes it did take a week to go and come back.

In fairness to cyberdic they gave me great service at reasonable prices with a new battery and a broken screen. Yes it did take a week to go and come back.

Yes same for me. The Cyberdict company did a quick repair & turnaround

At the time I just thought since it was over 10k baht the seller would just change it.

But I am not sure how those little booths like theirs inside Suriwong works.

Maybe once they did all the warranty card etc based on serial numbers it is too hard to change?