opening Bank account where?

tinytot

Just finished reading forums about opening bank account in BKK,

As me and my wife will be up Surin area for a week wondering any areas that are worth trying to open account

some things I do and don't have !!

1.. I don't have Long term Visa..

2.. Only have address where my wifes parents live..

THINGS I HAVE !!

1... passport..

2 Drivers license from my country..

3.. Bank statement from my bank in my country.

So I don't have a lot of docs.. I can get letter from my embassy in BKK whilst I am there..

Reasons you may ask why I want to open Bank account !

1.. When I retire I will have my money in my bank when I go home transfer funds each week from work..

2..Save me money in the long run when I have already money for our future and our kids schooling..

If I can get some info or know a Bank manager who will help me out to open account.. Thanks wait for some replies..

You should open bank account where you intend to settle.

Many branch offices will direct you to the branch where you opened your account if you need some paperwork, as bank statment for retirement extension at Immigrations.

Here on Samui, Kasikorn bank lets you open an account as a tourist.

I brought my friend to the branch office and helped him with the paperwork.

Only needed his passport, as adress they put down mine as reference.

• Like 1

If your wife has a bank account go to her bank ,with your wife..and apply should have no problem.

What kind of visa will you be own? If 60 day tourist visa no problem. Letter from your embassy will not help but a letter from Immigration will, located in Kap Choeng. My first account in Thailand was done on a 30 day visa exempt entry, hotel address, Bangkok Bank, never had a problem with them. I have used other branches threw out Thailand and was always pleased with their service.

Tiny

Where you coming from? If you are in US , Bangkok Bank is best bet at the closest brach to place you may move. You can do Efts in US to bkk bank in new york with the thai account number and it gets transfered at the daily rate. Also if you travel to a different city in thailand be ready for atm fee even at the same bank.