selling my cbr250r - need advice please

ll2

Finally, found time to sell my bike and right a away a staff of mine from UK would like to buy it before i put ads.

We agreed on a price of 80,000 thb which is fair for both sides as i took care of it good and giving smoked windshield and nice grips for free. Also he will pay for the tax form last year as my lazy a.s could not make it .

I did some research in TV and elsewhere but it is still not clear for me.

So, the things is, the guy has money, ready to give but he has no work permit yet and only has a proof of residence from Pattaya immigration. He is OK to transfer the money today and want me to post the bike to up North - he will pay it.

But, i do not want to give the bike away before he puts his name to the green book as friends advised me that if he hit someone or have an offence, authorities will right away haunt me as the bike is registered on my name so i will be responsible.

I know this is possible sometime put can he put his name to the greenbook with proof of residence only? I know it works like Pattaya but does it work everywhere in Thailand? especially up North like Phrae?

Or just an official selling document - with official stamps and signatures, witnesses etc. - works to put me away from responsibilities? As if this is enough, that i do not mind if he can out his name to the green book or not.

Your help is appreciated in advance as i want to sell this bike ASAP otherwise i will have no time again soon or i will be lazy to sell it.

Thanks.

Edited by ll2

I always wondered if it was possible to report that the bike is no longer in your possession and you are not liable for anything.

In California when you sell a vehicle there is a form you can mail in to declare this.

As far as I know certificate of address is all that is needed

No work permit required for buying selling or getting drivers licenses

I have bought a few vehicles & never needed a work permit

Edited by mania

certificate of residence is the main thing, so it should be quick if he has that, as all he needs then is copies of his passport, current visa stamp and departure card. As far as I know there is no document to prove you no longer own the bike, I would say a signed sales receipt should be enough. There';s not much more you can physically do!

certificate of residence is the main thing, so it should be quick if he has that, as all he needs then is copies of his passport, current visa stamp and departure card.

If you want him to transfer the book into his name, some more documents and copies are needed and have to be signed by both parties.

But this has been discussed here a gazillion times.

I would say a signed sales receipt should be enough

No.

In a civilized world...maybe, but here it's just worthless.

certificate of residence is the main thing, so it should be quick if he has that, as all he needs then is copies of his passport, current visa stamp and departure card.

If you want him to transfer the book into his name, some more documents and copies are needed and have to be signed by both parties.

But this has been discussed here a gazillion times.

I would say a signed sales receipt should be enough

No.

In a civilized world...maybe, but here it's just worthless.

where gazillion times? even there are contradicting quotes on this thread so definitely things are not clear.

when i was buying cbr250, the guy only gave me a sales receipt with stamps and signatures and hand the green book on his name and that is all as it was flooding that time and the guy had no time to go to DLT or something, they were trying to save the lives of their relatives!

So, i am not sure if that guy just trusted me that time or it is OK to give the greenbook with sales receipt, really not sure.