What is it with Thais and wrong numbers?

blackman

what is up with that? i mean really, these people.

Here's a little trick I use. I say something clever like "wrong number" or whatever and hang up since engaging strangers in a discussion of why they apparently "dialed" the wrong number seems pointless. Then I go back to doing whatever it was I was doing before the phone rang ... just as I would have done when I received a wrong number call anywhere else in the world.

It does seem seem to happen a lot in Thailand. Is it due to careless dialling or perhaps a technical reason due to inferior equipment. I am not a communications engineer but perhaps someone with more knowledge in this particular area may be able to confirm or not.

"...perhaps someone with more knowledge in this particular area may be able to confirm or not."

Any resident experts in the causes & cures for erroneous dialing available for a consultation?? Anyone? Surely someone has this expertise. Has W.H.O. done any research?

Seriously? It seems to happen a lot in Thailand ... ergo Thais are careless and they have inferior equipment?? The mind boggles. Even the simplest, most pedestrian or trivial event is turned into some great distinction between life in Thailand and life back home with mom & dad.

"i mean really, these people."

post-145917-0-51580100-1377103944_thumb.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

I love getting wrong calls from Thais !

First we do the "Hallo" exchange .... than they start blabbering something, and I just

go "Ugh", "Ugh" (the Thai version of confirming "Yes") ....

And than they hang up, or keep on talking and I put the phone down ...

Once in a while a i get a husband/boyfriend looking for his girl, that's the best ... I just

tell them she is in the shower now, and I will go and join her ...

I did try telling them "wrong number", but they don't accept that - it's impossible that

a Thai person would make a mistake and mis-dial. They will just call back ...

Funny, in my 16 years in Thailand, I can't remember one single occasion getting a

wrong call from a Farang ...

So no, I just have my phun with them :P 5555

luudee

• Like 1

Few years ago i got a wrong number call but the girl calling was expecting a guy to answer who also had the same name,

where are you,

me...i,m at work why?

her...you want to fux me again?

me...dunno i dont remember the last time,

her...i meet you at the seveern on the corner?

me...ok which corner?

Once i understood where the intended meeting place was i could,nt resist going there, On arrival the area was crowded so i just called the number back then a girl looked at me and said...is that you?

I said sure its me, she went instantly red in the face on realising her mistake then said....what we do now then? cheesy.gif

Edited by tingtongfarang
  • Like 1

There are some great gag responses on YouTube and elsewhere that are not really about wrong number calls but about tele-marketers and one in particular that I liked was where the receiver pretended he was a detective at a murder scene and kept the caller on the line by saying he "had the caller's number so don't hang up" and wanted to clarify the relationship of the caller to the "deceased" who that caller had called on that number and interrogated him over the phone about his whereabouts at a given time etc. He broke off occasionally to pretend to instruct other detectives .... "don't move the body yet" etc. It was hilarious.

no better not-deleted

Edited by blackman