Thailand Never Stops Amazing Me

ray23

The Thai neighbor across the street had about three pickups show up at his house this morning, it was group of about 20 people in route to play Song Kran, It started to rain lightly and lasted about an hour and a half.

They were all huddled up under the cover on the front porch staying dry waiting for the rain to stop. To do what, go the worlds biggest water fight :o

The Thai neighbor across the street had about three pickups show up at his house this morning, it was group of about 20 people in route to play Song Kran, It started to rain lightly and lasted about an hour and a half.

They were all huddled up under the cover on the front porch staying dry waiting for the rain to stop. To do what, go the worlds biggest water fight :o

I use to work out at a gym in south Florida in the USA. I noticed that people use to drive around the parking lot trying to find a parking spot close to the entrance. Nobody wanted to walk further than necessary in the Florida heat.

Of course once inside, there they were, running on the treadmill, sweating rivers.

Those wacky Americans never stop amazing me!

I love when it rains at the swimming pool. I'm the only one who gets in while everyone else goes home or sits under shelter waitng for the rain to stop (Farangs too) :o
Human beings aren't always the smartest animals on the planet, are they?

Like swimming in a lightning storm :D

I love when it rains at the swimming pool. I'm the only one who gets in while everyone else goes home or sits under shelter waitng for the rain to stop (Farangs too) :o

Human beings aren't always the smartest animals on the planet, are they?

Like swimming in a lightning storm

Like making up non-existent lightning storms. :D

They were waiting the whole year for playing Songkran on this day. Raining and wet ruined their atmosphere before starting to play. The high summer should be hot and dry for a fun play. Easy to understand why Thai dont want to be wet from rain. :D It is the same, people in the West , want to have Christmas with white snow. If only you have the heat wave and hotter weather on this Day. They shall disappointed. :D

Edited by Saothai

They were waiting the whole year for playing Songkran on this day. Raining and wet ruined their atmosphere before starting to play. The high summer should be hot and dry for a fun play. Easy to understand why Thai dont want to be wet from rain. :D

What a paradox. All poised for splashing water, now the skies are doing that.

If they were to revert to powder strips/marks (that's what it was meant to be) applied to someone's face, that would be alright. The water would be sprinlked by fingers, not by buckets and water guns.

No, appears they wanted the water throwing and more of an agressive celebration. Looks and feels un-Thai.

Or, does it?

Edited by think_too_mut

I love when it rains at the swimming pool. I'm the only one who gets in while everyone else goes home or sits under shelter waitng for the rain to stop (Farangs too) :D

In Malaysia you are ordered out of the pool for fear of a lightning strike. :o

I love when it rains at the swimming pool. I'm the only one who gets in while everyone else goes home or sits under shelter waitng for the rain to stop (Farangs too) :D

In Malaysia you are ordered out of the pool for fear of a lightning strike. :o

Well... thats Malaysia off my "to visit" list !! :D

totster :D