Pizza in Thailand

luudee

First you said it's great and now you are admitting it's because it's a cheap feed...but the best of the cheap feeds...sigh.

Sigh away, but do try to actually read what I wrote rather than just put your own interpretation onto it.

I said that Loaf has good pizzas and is the best value I know of out of a very overpriced and very poor quality bunch, and I stand by that.

Loaf is the only pizza place in Pattaya I have tried to which I would go on a regular basis and I do this both a la carte or for the buffet. The buffet allows one to try several varieties of good pizza at the same time for about the cost of one a la carte pizza, and this seems like a good deal to me. Given that I only eat pizza a couple of times a month I generally make this fall on a Wednesday.

If you dont like that idea, great. Go somewhere else.

value issues aside, imho, La Grotta serves the best pizza around here

• Like 1

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First you said it's great and now you are admitting it's because it's a cheap feed...but the best of the cheap feeds...sigh.

Sigh away, but do try to actually read what I wrote rather than just put your own interpretation onto it.

I said that Loaf has good pizzas and is the best value I know of out of a very overpriced and very poor quality bunch, and I stand by that.

Loaf is the only pizza place in Pattaya I have tried to which I would go on a regular basis and I do this both a la carte or for the buffet. The buffet allows one to try several varieties of good pizza at the same time for about the cost of one a la carte pizza, and this seems like a good deal to me. Given that I only eat pizza a couple of times a month I generally make this fall on a Wednesday.

Their pastas are pretty dang good as well...best thing is they're just 200 meters from my front door. I'm in pizza heaven :)

• Like 1

Their pastas are pretty dang good as well...best thing is they're just 200 meters from my front door. I'm in pizza heaven smile.png

up the hill or down the hill?

Another big thumbs up for La Grotta. Had dinner there the other day and we were very pleased. Thin and crisp bottom, ample cheese on top. Being a big fan of Fabrice's oeuvre, I'm sorry to say that I will resort for my pizza fix to La Grotta from now on. Fabrice still rules for steaks on the dark side.

Disclaimer: they ain't serving any yank pizza :P

• Like 1

Another big thumbs up for La Grotta. Had dinner there the other day and we were very pleased. Thin and crisp bottom, ample cheese on top. Being a big fan of Fabrice's oeuvre, I'm sorry to say that I will resort for my pizza fix to La Grotta from now on. Fabrice still rules for steaks on the dark side.

Disclaimer: they ain't serving any yank pizza :P

My only niggling complaint is the pizza pie dough could be a little thicker and especially the crust edge could be a little more built up...but still my fav pizza too. If want thick crust and tons of cheese and toppings American style, NY Pizza is the way to go :)

The best Italian pizza in Pattaya or maybe Thailand you will find next to Jomtien bus station .

The owner is Italian and I pay only 200 baht for a medium size pizza , and it tastes great .

Is this the same La Grotta as the one in Naklua ?

sorry, i don't know

No. I think you're referring to the Italian resto at the Woodland Suites. The La Grotta we're referring is a small indepently owned place.

maybe you are right but that's called Grappa

sorry, i don't know

No. I think you're referring to the Italian resto at the Woodland Suites. The La Grotta we're referring is a small indepently owned place.

maybe you are right but that's called Grappa

Oh yeah that's correct. Then don't know if any connection or not as only pizza place I go to in naklua is Pizza Big.

I know this is the Pattaya forum, but the title of this thread is Best Pizza in Thailand. The best Pizza I have ever had in Thailand was at Dukes in Chiang Mai. An 18 inch Pizza for 300 Baht, and we got a 100 Baht Discount from the VFW in Chiang Mai. Three of us could not finish this Pizza, great value for the price.

Barry

I know this is the Pattaya forum, but the title of this thread is Best Pizza in Thailand. The best Pizza I have ever had in Thailand was at Dukes in Chiang Mai. An 18 inch Pizza for 300 Baht, and we got a 100 Baht Discount from the VFW in Chiang Mai. Three of us could not finish this Pizza, great value for the price.

Barry

Whimps...if it was really so good, I could have polished it off myself :)

sorry, i don't know

Cant find a website or the like to connect the two, but La Grotta, is a very good Italian place on soi 33 naklua ( about a 5 minutes from the Dolphin roundabout)

I don't like that you are trying to get other people to go there. So I am telling them not to go there because I have eaten a lot of pizza in Pattaya and loaf is not good pizza. Being a bakery the crust is good but that is not enough to make the whole pie good when they use cheap cheese and sauce. Just a cheap feed.

Edited by lapd

Had a decent pizza at La Bocca in Jomtien the other day. It's past the bus station on that same side on the corner where the road splits and you either go down and along the beach or straight through on that new road they put in.

320baht for a 2 topping italian style. They have the proper brick oven and good cheese & sauce as you would expect at a proper authentic italian restaurant. Nice atmosphere. Seems to be getting good reviews for all their italian food.

Edited by lapd
  • Like 1

I don't like that you are trying to get other people to go there.

Why should you have the right to discourage people from trying a place if others dont have the same right to encourage them? Seems a bit one-side to me.

I'm not trying to get anyone to go anywhere, just as no-one on here is trying to do that when they mention other pizza places. I'm just saying what I do and what I like.

If people care to try something I like then that's entirely up to them. I may also try something that other people have mentioned, if it seems to me that it might suit me. Stranger things have happened.

Barry

Whimps...if it was really so good, I could have polished it off myself smile.png

IMO, the Duke's really does make the best pizza in Thailand. I have a (slight) problem even eating the "small" one by myself and I am not a light eater.. It really is a good portion.

Barry

Whimps...if it was really so good, I could have polished it off myself smile.png

IMO, the Duke's really does make the best pizza in Thailand. I have a (slight) problem even eating the "small" one by myself and I am not a light eater.. It really is a good portion.

In such cases, I make it a pizza day...eating the pie for lunch and then for dinner and sometimes even the last slice or two for breakfast the next morning. I do is often when I order a large pie from NY Pizza here in Patts.