Bore up kit and other aftermarket performance parts for Nouveau

engrin

Speaking for my friend here...

He's looking for all the above, top speed and acceleration.

He mentioned racing carb(s)? His bike is the non FI version, obviously. He bought it used.

His Nouveau is his only bike. Uses it for daily runs and would like to do some touring.

I don't doubt that a cbr 150 or 250 will smoke his bike.

He just wants to make some improvements and is looking for a reliable shop that can do the job.

A slight misunderstanding there methinks.

On same subject however, I have a new Nouveau (135) and am very disappointed with its performance. Does anyone know if they are de-tuned? My 1st ever bike, way back when, was a BSA Bantam (125cc) and I'm sure that had more poke - or maybe just over fond memories!

Go pick up one of those mocyc magazines and pick a shop.

Many things can be done to the Nouvo, from cams, crank pins, bigger piston, carbs, cdi's and valves...its up to his budget.

Id start with cdi, carb, variator rollers. Then go to stroke with a crank pin with bigger valves and smoothed valve ports.

Not a good idea.

Your friend isn't here so a quote from the movie "A Long Kiss Good Night" will have to be conveyed verbally by you.

"Kid, where you born stupid or did you learn it?"

Sorry that's the wrong quote. I meant this one: Were you always this stupid, or did you take lessons?

Sorry, go with the first one. The second is wrong! rolleyes.gif

PS:The same applies to anyone that mods a scooter. They just not worth the trouble....or expense.

Edited by BSJ
  • Like 1

Arrggh...bah.gif

Why does an easy question about modifying a bike, or looking for a shop that does it, always attracts people with "missionary tendencies"?

I've got same replies a while ago, when I asked a similar question.

Guys, I just want to modify my bike and not reading unnecessarily teachings!

Or even worse, some annoying questions like:

Why you don't buy a CBR blah bla blah......

Because I just don't want!

I think we are all old enough, to know what we want (or not)!

I guess, some people are just too old (or inflexible), to understand the fun modifying/tuning a bike or car, especially if you can do it yourself!

But back to the topic: the question was:

Does anyone know of a shop in Bangkok that specializes in that sort of thing?

In the "Worachak" and "Yowarrat" area in Chinatown are a gazillion of stores, which can help you.

Just walk/ride around and you will see..smile.png

E.G:

hispeedpiston

AKUNAR

Youl can also try this giant store:

PANOM RACING or HERE

They sell almost every part and they know also good workshops, which will fit the parts.

Edited by Turkleton
  • Like 1

^ What he said.

Sometimes guys just want a hobby. It is the experience that is important not always the result.

Anyone riding a CBR 250 and thinks it is quicker than a scooter, you will be surprise one day by a seeming ordinary looking, albeit loud with skinny tires, 300cc Fino. Don't assume that because they come from the factory as 110cc that they are all still small.

• Like 1

^ What he said.

Sometimes guys just want a hobby. It is the experience that is important not always the result.

Anyone riding a CBR 250 and thinks it is quicker than a scooter, you will be surprise one day by a seeming ordinary looking, albeit loud with skinny tires, 300cc Fino. Don't assume that because they come from the factory as 110cc that they are all still small.

Exactly, its all about what interests you and keeps you active, I have just ordered a bigbore kit for my 23cc HPI Baja 5B (RC Toy)........... why ? because I like to tinker.

• Like 2

^ What he said.

Exactly, its all about what interests you and keeps you active, I have just ordered a bigbore kit for my 23cc HPI Baja 5B (RC Toy)........... why ? because I like to tinker.

Nothing wrong with that but it's not what OP's friend want.

He wants more power for going touring and he want a shop to do the upgrade.

That's why I advised him to buy a bigger bike, it's better to cruise at 130 km/h on a CBR 150/250 than a pimped up Nouvo which can be dangerous.

^ What he said.

Nothing wrong with that but it's not what OP's friend want.

He wants more power for going touring and he want a shop to do the upgrade.

That's why I advised him to buy a bigger bike, it's better to cruise at 130 km/h on a CBR 150/250 than a pimped up Nouvo which can be dangerous.

I do not believe I was replying to the OP.

Yepp.

And if you never leave your house, you will be much more safe than using a car/bike/train/elephant/airplane/rubber boat/whatever else....

Unfortunately, some people will never understand.

It's like you're going to buy cigarettes and alcohol at a 7/11/beer bar and the staff/sombody else, is bugging you with annoying stories about the risks of alc and tobacco.

OMG....saai.gif.pagespeed.ce.f25DL0fHCd.gif

Edited by Turkleton

^ What he said.

yep, see the skinny tire fino pass you and crash to the first car from behind as no proper brakes etc.

^ What he said.

yep, see the skinny tire fino pass you and crash to the first car from behind as no proper brakes etc.

rediculous to think because the bike has more power for touring that the brakes are not up to par.

• Like 1

^

lots of shops modding scooters close to my house.

mostly they put the bore up kit but never touch anything else. result: 300 cc suicide machine with skinny tires.

but there are also guys racing with scooters and they do it proper.

Why are they suicide machines ?

At XXXXXX km/h it don't matter what the cc's are because unless the gearing has been changed it is not exactly going to go any faster than an un-modified scoot (will get there quicker thoughtongue.png ).

I made a mistake modifying something and I went all the way up to the big bore bit, the result is one hell of an expensive machine that is more expensive than the bigger and faster stock machines available for sale. If I were to do it again, I'd sell it and buy something that has more juice to begin with, don't waste your money on useless mods, sell it and buy what suits you.

In case someone wonders, my expensive machine is a KingQuad 700 which is now 750cc with all the bells and whistles available, still can't compare to Kawasaki and Cam-Am.

^

lots of shops modding scooters close to my house.

mostly they put the bore up kit but never touch anything else. result: 300 cc suicide machine with skinny tires.

but there are also guys racing with scooters and they do it proper.

We are still talking about a 135/125 cc nuovo. Lets say by a miracle he gets it bored to 150cc i doubt on the flat or uphill its going much faster then stock downhill. So it was probably designe by yamaha as a suicide machine. :)

I made a mistake modifying something and I went all the way up to the big bore bit, the result is one hell of an expensive machine that is more expensive than the bigger and faster stock machines available for sale. If I were to do it again, I'd sell it and buy something that has more juice to begin with, don't waste your money on useless mods, sell it and buy what suits you.

In case someone wonders, my expensive machine is a KingQuad 700 which is now 750cc with all the bells and whistles available, still can't compare to Kawasaki and Cam-Am.

You have a King Quad 700 in Thailand, that awesome I would love one..... how much did it cost to import ?

You have a King Quad 700 in Thailand, that awesome I would love one..... how much did it cost to import ?

You do know the Quad King has a serious problem? Despite the fact it is a farm vehicle the tax collectors here will tax it as a recreational vehicle. Cheeky sods!

We are still talking about a 135/125 cc nuovo. Lets say by a miracle he gets it bored to 150cc i doubt on the flat or uphill its going much faster then stock downhill. So it was probably designe by yamaha as a suicide machine. smile.png

I own such a kind of "suicide machine" and I am still alive.

It's a Mio 125@150cc, with "racing-cam", modified Carb and Variator.

I also fitted wider rims and tires (PCX size) and what they call "racing brake pads".

OK, idleing is a little bit rough, but otherwise it goes like hell.

You can't compare it in any way with a stock one.

I should also mention, that I am not interested in top speed, but in acceleration.

This machine is not my daily runner, but a little scooter which makes me always smiling, when riding it!

Why I did it? Because I can....

Period.

• Like 2

You do know the Quad King has a serious problem? Despite the fact it is a farm vehicle the tax collectors here will tax it as a recreational vehicle. Cheeky sods!

It is a fine machine and has no problems, but if you're referring to the way it will get taxed here, you're right.

Spoonman

Sorry for the confusing, the KQ is in Canada, I still own it but haven't ridden it in a while, too expensive to get rid of it now.