how true to yourself would you say you really are on T.V.

tigerfish

I dont see any reason why you shouldn't be true to yourself. Especially on a forum.

Quite agree with that, only person your telling lies to is yourself, but no matter how much you tell the truth on a forum, there will always be some twa*/troll ready to call you a liar...Oh well that's the internet for you..

Yes, Indeed, but the OP made the call. I suspect people would act on a forum in order to be someone they like to be.

Quite interesting subject, but I don't see anyone admitting they are acting on this forum IN THIS THREAD..

Are you saying someone would induce a facade and start trying to be someone you are actually not on T.V.?

He fitted a kitchen for me once and I can confirm he is 100% a cowboy. sad.png

"Fitted" is perhaps too strong a word for it.

While no Psych major by a long shot. I used to read many books on brain psychology. The question is a good one.......

Many reports written on it.

Every one has three "selves"

That who they think they are seen as

That as others see them as

Then their true self that one. Including me hopes is a good one.

While no Psych major by a long shot. I used to read many books on brain psychology. The question is a good one.......

Many reports written on it.

Every one has three "selves"

That who they think they are seen as

That as others see them as

Then their true self that one. Including me hopes is a good one.

I always say something similar;

There are three sides to every story:

- My version

- Your version

- The Truth

I always try to keep my version as close to the truth as possible - if I don't manage to, it's not because I'm deliberately trying to mislead; just that I haven't managed to see things clearly or recall them accurately.

I am only a short term member but in the gen forum i regularly see topics which seem to be a trolltopic. Made up by somebody with noting better to do. It starts when reading OP with a feeling of ; gosh is he/she that stupid to........ The OP than comes back and i think; no troll. When the OP keeps coming back 1 can see his/her comments get agressive, funny and insulting towards other posters. TROL.

So IMO to open a thread based on untrue happenings qualifies somebody as not being true to themselves. Sad people !

I am only a short term member but in the gen forum i regularly see topics which seem to be a trolltopic. Made up by somebody with noting better to do. It starts when reading OP with a feeling of ; gosh is he/she that stupid to........ The OP than comes back and i think; no troll. When the OP keeps coming back 1 can see his/her comments get agressive, funny and insulting towards other posters. TROL.

So IMO to open a thread based on untrue happenings qualifies somebody as not being true to themselves. Sad people !

But, I think many folk in LOS who don't have much to do on a daily basis, instead of twiddling there thumbs (me laugh.png ), try and think stuff up and post here to start discussion, yes there are those who try to upset but even this can backfire on the poster in the end smile.png , and seen that a few times.

I think it all makes for a more interesting exercise in keeping my remaining brain cells working, yes l know that it hasn't worked for me. cheesy.gif

• Like 1

But, I think many folk in LOS who don't have much to do on a daily basis, instead of twiddling there thumbs (me laugh.png ), try and think stuff up and post here to start discussion, yes there are those who try to upset but even this can backfire on the poster in the end smile.png , and seen that a few times.

I think it all makes for a more interesting exercise in keeping my remaining brain cells working, yes l know that it hasn't worked for me. cheesy.gif

That is modesty in optima forma !
  • Like 1

All things I write about myself or things that has happend to me are 100% true as far as I remember them,

sadly it seems most people don´t belive me...

Or if not, they might have happened, and if they had, they would have been entertaining...

I think at this point we should start to think about Leon Festinger

And his theory of Cognitive Dissonance.

Not the distorted idea of Cognitive Dissonance which most people mistakenly believe is what Festinger reported.

And anyway my perspective of reality is always shifting slightly

And I never know what I truly think about anything.

It could be that I think something

When actually I am being fooled by my brain

And I am thinking something else.

Festinger reported that in order to reduce stress caused by holding two conflicting views of reality

The individual must change one or another of these opposing views.

This all involves steam reduction in the boiler of the brain.

And Tom Wolfe also wrote about it in "The Bonfire of the Vanities"

It is all about steam reduction and not blowing a gasket.

And being true to oneself therefore has no immutable meaning.

Apart from some attempts at humour,what you see is what you get.

Or, more realistically, what we think we see is not really there.

Everyone's reality is different,

And therefore there can be no single reality.

Even what we think is true about ourselves

Is not true

And others can see that we do not really know ourselves as much as we think we do.

It makes no difference if we are on TV or if we are not.

We still do not know ourselves

But only think that we do.

So how could we be true to ourselves,

If the above is true.

Which it is.

• Like 1