CBR 250 Rev Limit

KRS1

you think maybe the rearsets are the reason the bike doesnt feel natural to you?

Could be, i have 2 things i should do, 1 find an owner with the same bike and we exchange for 15-20 mins and go for a ride, 2 wait till this fon <deleted> tok alleviates and coincides with some free time then ride off into the blue yonder for a few days on a long run, furthest i went in one go at the moment was 60+km.

looking at the standard mirrors as i type oh boy are they ugly, like they were an afterthought by the design team the day after a saki bash. matter of taste i guess.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeah theyre like elephant ears sticking out...try ninja 250 mirrors, they work for me, and i think makes the bike look much better, they sit at the same level your hands are at, and can be easily moved up and down for tight spots between cars.

cant load your pdf, its coming up as corrupt on my end.

pdf worked for me but frowned when i realised it was for the sawakaki:)

tingtong it does not matter what brand that picture was for as it was to

only show how a baffle ( part #3 ) can be placed in the end pipe ( of any bike ) before the muffler smile.png

Anyway here is a picture for those who cannot load the pdf

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

maybe also some of the problem stems from being spoiled when allowed the free use of bikes from friends in europe, i confess to having my leg over from memory 8 different ducatis in my life, the early ones although not a viable proposition as daily transport but truth is in some way i fell inlove with them all,

Ever since this going back to a jap bike was akin to having erotic dreams about angelina jolie then waking up next to the nana version, i promised myself that one day i will have a ducati even if the police take it off me the next day

A while ago while disposing of the glass at the local recycling somchai i seen one! without closer inspection my heart started pumping but while trying to act calm and nonchalant i blurted out...how much? the guy thought he had an instant sale, then i asked about the book and he answered...no book but have all reciets all ok no proplem jing jing.

my interest had gone but i decided to have a closer look thinking maybe i can sneak a kiss or if i find a clean spot take a lick and slobber a little, first things i noticed were the exhausts held on by a combination of cable ties and bent coat hanger, the rear of the frame had been flexed away for some reason not even in the same spot on each side,

by this time the guy had come out the office and stood next to me, he noticed a tear form in my left eye and roll down my cheek then asked...is something wrong? i said not important you would,nt understand..i walked away muttering something about sacrilege leaving him scratching his head.

• Like 1

This time around i want to add a chamber to kill the percussion

I have an exhaust not CBR250 and it has a vertical plate in the perforated muffler part, the gases have to go around on 3 sides So I assume the percussion as you call it is absorbed by the perforated bit as the gas goes around. Anyway it is not " straight through" as when held up to the light one cannot see straight through.

Photobucket is grinding away and can't be assed to wait. sad.png

12 mins later

P6270825.jpg

As you can see. I could attempt some more with improved lighting if it helps. It gives better flow than stock so is not restrictive.

Edited by VocalNeal

I dont think its worth the money to change the rev limiter, time to trade the cbr in for the baby ninja. They have dropped in price lately due to the 300 being released.

Agree & even some steals for a year or two old now

This is a 2011 with only 1400km on the clock

89k At Pekky Prostreet Chiangmai

Dam_n, that's so tempting! that's the price of a used CBR250 with more mileage.

im not sure i can see where the plate is.

is it that crescent moon looking part?

It's the bit with the weld mark. It does block the gas path but one could still pass a bent coat hanger through. I thought the concept might solve your percussion problem. I could call it a baffle I suppose but it does not divide the muffler into chambers it only blocks the direct pulse from passing straight through. I could take some more pictures if it helps.

It's the bit with the weld mark. It does block the gas path but one could still pass a bent coat hanger through. I thought the concept might solve your percussion problem. I could call it a baffle I suppose but it does not divide the muffler into chambers it only blocks the direct pulse from passing straight through. I could take some more pictures if it helps.

I dont know if folks remember but a long time ago there was a popular mainly off road 4 stroke muffler.

But it was called Super Trapp

It had these plates/discs you could add or subtract from & it tuned the exhaust & the tone

I dont know how they are these days but remember the concept

Edited by mania

I dont know if folks remember but a long time ago there was a popular mainly off road 4 stroke muffler.

But it was called Super Trapp

It had these plates/discs you could add or subtract from & it tuned the exhaust & the tone

I dont know how they are these days but remember the concept

Still around, popular with some SRX400/600 cafe racers even some PCX's. Bonus they can be aluminum!

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

cbr250 is a good bike to tinker with as it is cheap and even if you do something wrong, you can always turn back easily.

Japanese and Indonesian guys have nice parts like cams, ecu, bore up kit (300cc) ect and someone reached if i do not remember it wrong close to 35 rwhp but i do not think so it will be super reliable an long lasting and these are mostly for tracks ad they cost a fortune.

I put a pipe, API Tech ecu and DNA air filter and the performance increase was noticeable enough. (sold the ecu and filter but still keep the pipe and all the parts like rearset, crash bars, some cosmetics etc, will sell them all as a package soon)

But, heard lots of pipes for cbr250r and never seen a quiet one. I think it is about engine design.

For aerodynamics, ninja mirrors are nice actually, i am thinking to install a set to my cbr500! but apart from that, you just creep under the paint of fuel tank, not much to do - yeah mirrors and also they say if the pipe is looking inside not outside, it gave a better aerodynamic result so maybe you design it this way) hah, forget, i know a shop doing aftermarket fairings and the bike looks like a cbr600 an d offer better aerodynamics they say.

Also, you can remove heavy parts like rear sets and pillion pegs and remove heavy steel parts with aluminum.

Lots can do with it. sold mine 4 days agoxcrying.gif.pagespeed.ic.VxtQ2WoWqA.webp

Edited by ll2

im having trouble visualizing, Id really appreciate another pic.

Is that weld mark piece close to the inlet or outlet?