Lifan Mechanic in Chiang Mai

connda

I'm looking for a a good, competent private mechanic that can work on Lifans.

I've got a Lifan 250-B that has been problematic. I've already taken my bike back to the only Lifan dealership in Chiang Mai multiple times for service -- My botton line, I need to find a different mechanic.

Any recommendation would be appreciated.

There is no such thing as a Lifan mechanic .The only dealer in C.M. does not have trained people .Any good general bike mechanic should be able to fix your bike .P.S,There should be a 2 year warranty on the bike engine .

Edited by anto

had one for 1 year, everytime I took it to LIFAN it came back worse, got to the point I felt like they were doing it on purpose to make more money from the stupid farang. I quit going there except to buy parts, yes I found good mechanics they are out there, just as you go by GEKKO restaurant on the right side, about 2 soi's up going to the moat he is very reliable. bought it for 80,000b drove it a year and sold it for 70,000b. I was a bit heavy at 110kilo and I put air shocks on the back and it was like a different bike. I also put Kawasaki boss spokes on the rear. Just a few tips as I know how you fell and the problems you are having. Cant beat the engine, I really loved riding it. Little cautious to go to far though!!!

had one for 1 year, everytime I took it to LIFAN it came back worse, got to the point I felt like they were doing it on purpose to make more money from the stupid farang. I quit going there except to buy parts, yes I found good mechanics they are out there, just as you go by GEKKO restaurant on the right side, about 2 soi's up going to the moat he is very reliable. bought it for 80,000b drove it a year and sold it for 70,000b. I was a bit heavy at 110kilo and I put air shocks on the back and it was like a different bike. I also put Kawasaki boss spokes on the rear. Just a few tips as I know how you fell and the problems you are having. Cant beat the engine, I really loved riding it. Little cautious to go to far though!!!

I've had problems with the local shop too. I just got my bike back from a new mechanic that I was referred to by a Thai friend. Bike runs good. I'll take note of the rear "air shocks". I noticed that hear shock wasn't quite right. What brand of shocks did you put on?

No more trips to Lifan. The new mechanic gets the parts. If Lifan is going to make it here in Thailand, they better come to grips with their after-sales service model.

I.d like to know where in CM you live. I have a Lifan 250, have found the mechanic at the dealer to be just as described. I have done some work myself, and if I take it them, I stand over them and watch. I have 3000k on mine, and use it only for recreational riding. I.d love to get together with you for fun rides. My wife loves riding on the back, and we have only one guy that I ride with, a lover of crotch rockets, who whines that my bike is too slow for him. I like cruising, not road racing. As far as other mechanics to work on it, all I have inquired with, refuse to work on Lifans. Personally, I love the bike. You couldn't ask for a more comfortable ride on 2 wheels.

I.d like to know where in CM you live. I have a Lifan 250, have found the mechanic at the dealer to be just as described. I have done some work myself, and if I take it them, I stand over them and watch. I have 3000k on mine, and use it only for recreational riding. I.d love to get together with you for fun rides. My wife loves riding on the back, and we have only one guy that I ride with, a lover of crotch rockets, who whines that my bike is too slow for him. I like cruising, not road racing. As far as other mechanics to work on it, all I have inquired with, refuse to work on Lifans. Personally, I love the bike. You couldn't ask for a more comfortable ride on 2 wheels.

Yeah. PM me something. I'd like to ride with someone. The only thing slowing me down right now is my sick wife. We're dealing with so health issue with her, but I'd still be interested. I'm retired. Schedule is not an issue. And I live and an apartment between Thapae and Loi Kroi downtown, but also have a house in Lamphun province near Doi Khun Tan.

Edited by connda

• 2 months later...