It's all our fault and now it's official

johntren

This one was my favorite quote:

"When they enter Thailand, they are still normal," he said. "But once they stay here for a while they become crazy or homeless. I think it's because of illegal drugs; they may use too much so they become mentally ill and run out of money."

"When they enter Thailand, they are still normal," he said. "But once they stay here for a while they become crazy or homeless. I think it's because of illegal drugs; they may use too much so they become mentally ill and run out of money."

He must know thailand inside out to make that statement !

He said "one of" not "the only."

Do you know the difference between the two?

I was refering to the OP :

Forget rip-off joints, machete-wielding Thais high on drugs, cheating taxi-drivers, jetscam frauds and all the rest.

It's us.

Edited by FritsSikkink

When a country provides a "service" then the tourists will come. In the case of Pattaya the "service" is young, reasonably attractive women at a reasonable price. Take away the attraction and the tourists leave... along with their money. There are many kilometers of beautiful deserted beaches in Thailand with not a tourist in sight. Those deserted beaches add nothing to Thailand's economy.

In Chiang Mai the local police close the bar scene in the Loi Kroh area about midnight, and in so doing chase away a certain segment of the tourist trade. How does that affect Chiang Mai's economy?

I don't profess to know what drives Thailand's economy, but I can see what can derail it. The few tourist-expats down on their luck will have little or no impact on Thailand's economy, or reputation as a tourist and potential business destination.

• Like 2

We bring the drugs with us.

He said "one of" not "the only."

Do you know the difference between the two?

I was refering to the OP :

Forget rip-off joints, machete-wielding Thais high on drugs, cheating taxi-drivers, jetscam frauds and all the rest.

It's us.

The 'He' in my post is Lt. Col. Aroon and my question was directed to the OP.

Apols for not making that clear.

So, basically they adjust very well.

Prime examples of integration.

Slowly but surely. Time to leave the paradise? Those farangs that have kept their assets overseas can leave without ever looking back.

Any investors left as far as Thailand is concerned? (Your Thai-Wife/GF's opinion is of absolutely no relevance regarding this matter).

Cheers.