Dog attack.... saved by the bushes.

pattayadingo

On the m/c this evening riding down the same Soi I ride down every day several times.

I had to slow down because of the really rough ground, as usual.

Three dogs attack. Out of the blue and no warning. These dogs are alongside me when they attack. Going for my leg. No time to think.

I pull away, accellerate too fast to avoid their fangs. Bike out of control on a rough road. Swerve right into the path of an oncoming bike. Miss him by inches and I plough into a thorny bush.

Very lucky to escape with a few scratches.

The other motorcyclist got my m/c off my legs. Security guard there in a few moments too. They get me out of the thorny bush / tree. I thank them and everyone is on their way.

I know those dogs. Never been a problem in almost one year. No idea why they attacked.

Next time I am out there I'll have something heavy. And will they get it!!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It could have been worse, it could have been Jaggy nettles, or maybe even stingy nettles. They were a nightmare. To be fair though Nettle soup was quite nice. I had an old farmer friend that used to make it. he offered it to me and I said no way, he said it's lovely, I said, no, your just trying to trick me.

He put on this real offended and hurt look and I caved. I had this idea of a nettle attack on my throat, maybe getting an allergic reaction to it, possibly choking and dying. I was wondering what my Mum would say when she found out. Probably he deserved it, what kind of idiot falls for the old nettle soup story...... I don't think she liked me.

Anyway, it was quite nice. Then I went to England and someone offered me a Dandelion and Burdock soft drink. <deleted> everyone knows that Dandelions taste crap, I'd tried them when I was three out in the back garden. It was either that or eat my Mums cooking. Even in those days I knew I'd picked the wrong Mum. She used to torture us with uncooked fish and leather like steaks. Anyway I tried the Dandelion and Burdock and it was fine, I think the Burdock makes all the difference. I don't actually know what Burdock is, I'll need to go Google it.

To be fair though I was a bit thick as a kid, I used to wonder how the radio stations managed to get so many bands in to one small wee place at a time. I pictured the New Seekers rushing out the door and the Beatles rushing in. What if one of them tripped up? Talking about the New Seekers I was quite keen on them. I liked that song about the world singing, " I Like To Teach The World To Sing In Perfect Harmony", oh no, that's an ear worm just started.

You used to get the Coke advert then it would be the Flake advert, she was lovely, all flowing robes and hanging about in a sea of Dandelions I think, " Only The Crumbliest, Flakiest Chocolate, Tastes Like Chocolate You've never Tasted Before". That was a lie though, I'd tasted it already. I liked Flakes and Wagon Wheels. I remember they were massive, I liked them because my Mum didn't cook them......Irn Bru was great as well, but I knew someone was kidding, it wasn't real iron, it was this orange fizzy stuff........Must think we're stupid calling it Irn.

Some people eh? crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif

ps Sorry to hear about your bike thing.

WOT??

No mention of a bouncing dingo and a movie of it?

You have let me down badly with this comment whistling.gif

On reflection, it could have been worse. Broken limb, broken branch piercing the body or some such nasty.

I do feel I got off lightly.

I didn't mention originally that the brake cable snapped. Lack of braking + propulsion = not great cheesy.gif

I'll check the bike tomorrow.

And tomorrow I've arranged for a lady to come and tend my scratched & bruised bits ;)

• Like 2

It could have been worse, it could have been Jaggy nettles, or maybe even stingy nettles. They were a nightmare. To be fair though Nettle soup was quite nice. I had an old farmer friend that used to make it. he offered it to me and I said no way, he said it's lovely, I said, no, your just trying to trick me.

He put on this real offended and hurt look and I caved. I had this idea of a nettle attack on my throat, maybe getting an allergic reaction to it, possibly choking and dying. I was wondering what my Mum would say when she found out. Probably he deserved it, what kind of idiot falls for the old nettle soup story...... I don't think she liked me.

Anyway, it was quite nice. Then I went to England and someone offered me a Dandelion and Burdock soft drink. <deleted> everyone knows that Dandelions taste crap, I'd tried them when I was three out in the back garden. It was either that or eat my Mums cooking. Even in those days I knew I'd picked the wrong Mum. She used to torture us with uncooked fish and leather like steaks. Anyway I tried the Dandelion and Burdock and it was fine, I think the Burdock makes all the difference. I don't actually know what Burdock is, I'll need to go Google it.

To be fair though I was a bit thick as a kid, I used to wonder how the radio stations managed to get so many bands in to one small wee place at a time. I pictured the New Seekers rushing out the door and the Beatles rushing in. What if one of them tripped up? Talking about the New Seekers I was quite keen on them. I liked that song about the world singing, " I Like To Teach The World To Sing In Perfect Harmony", oh no, that's an ear worm just started.

You used to get the Coke advert then it would be the Flake advert, she was lovely, all flowing robes and hanging about in a sea of Dandelions I think, " Only The Crumbliest, Flakiest Chocolate, Tastes Like Chocolate You've never Tasted Before". That was a lie though, I'd tasted it already. I liked Flakes and Wagon Wheels. I remember they were massive, I liked them because my Mum didn't cook them......Irn Bru was great as well, but I knew someone was kidding, it wasn't real iron, it was this orange fizzy stuff........Must think we're stupid calling it Irn.

Some people eh? crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif

ps Sorry to hear about your bike thing.

WOT??

No mention of a bouncing dingo and a movie of it?

You have let me down badly with this comment whistling.gif

You started it, you mentioned bushes. xhuh.png.pagespeed.ic.-IItaThStW.webp

Then that got me thinking about Nettles and I couldn't help myself.........and now your wanting a movie deal? blink.png

Seriously, some people. coffee1.gif

theblether - what are you going on about? I note your recent thread where you invite sympathy for your road accident and this is the best you can do.

I also note the dozens of sympathetic replies to your thread which you duly sucked up to the max.

You may be unaware that myself and PD enjoy the same stupid sense of humour. I refer you to his answer above.

xsaai.gif.pagespeed.ic._HvUA8p60E.webp

Sorry to hear about your misfortune today, hope you ok and the "nurse" will make it all better :)

It is indeed very strange, as you said, dogs know you.

May be its the case of mistaken identity, having/taking something heavy i do not think is wise because you may end up hurting yourself even more.

I would suggest a water spray gun or a bottle, dogs hate it, have a distance range and easy to carry.

• Like 1

It's the rutting season and so male dogs may be more aggressive.

The answer to the problem is a nice chicken dinner with something added to quieten them permanently.

And here we go again, why not poison yourself to stop wasting oxygen

So it's preferable to let wild animals who attack humans roam freely? How would you feel if those same dogs ripped the face off of a child? I love dogs as much as the next man but a freely roaming vicious dog is a dangerous animal, a threat and should be dealt with.

And poisoning is your solution?

Edited by lemoncake

The answer to the problem is a nice chicken dinner with something added to quieten them permanently.

So it's preferable to let wild animals who attack humans roam freely? How would you feel if those same dogs ripped the face off of a child? I love dogs as much as the next man but a freely roaming vicious dog is a dangerous animal, a threat and should be dealt with.

It would not be my first solution, no. At home on the farm when we had a problem with feral dogs or wolves we shot them, I don't think thats an option for most in Pattaya however.

• Like 1

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1

Absolutely right.

When dogs have invaded our property, they find the next day a chicken dinner awaiting them inside our boundary. If the owners let them do what they want and take no responsibility they can expect no less.

Rutting season? i thought this topic was about dogs not deer!!

• Like 1

Haven't you heard the damned thing howling in the middle of the night?

Responsible owners would have the things neutered. That would put an end to most of the problems. Then again, I have met very few responsible owners.

OP good to hear you are almost OK.

Next time have a can of pepper spray ready and give them a good dose.

I also have a road I ride through almost everyday and one mean dog sometimes attack but not often so you don't know when it happens but I know the bastard by sight and are ready to give full throttle.

• Like 1

Responsible owners would have the things neutered. That would put an end to most of the problems. Then again, I have met very few responsible owners.

I wonder why not many want to meet you

• Like 1

I wonder why not many want to meet you

Not many exist. That's the root of the problems with dogs.

I think u just dont panic, keep kalm, most of the time they just run follow uband barking, not biting, then then they stop.

When u on stright accelerate...

That is okay but when the same dogs you see every day suddenly leap up at you, snarling and with teeth bared, you do not have time to consider various options. You automatically veer away from the threat. And these 3 were not simply chasing, they were alongside as i slowed for this very rough patch of ground and in a second they were leaping up and ready to attack.

I do know the difference after having dogs myself for many many years.

With dogs you know that are prone to chasing m/c that is different because you are aware of the situation. You can be prepared with some weapon / spray / water pistol.

This has also become a huge problem on Koh Chang and they are attributing it there to people having left the island now it's the low season and allowing the dogs to fend for themselves regarding food. There have been several reports of tourists being attacked by fierce packs of dogs.

I was preparing to go there so I was looking around for some form of defence. I was reading about pepper spray but I'm also reluctant to harm them.

So I sent away to is Amazon UK for this device, which has just arrived .

http://www.dazer.com/dog-deterrent.jsp

Edited by Asiantravel