Dog attack.... saved by the bushes.

pattayadingo

OP good to hear you are almost OK.

Next time have a can of pepper spray ready and give them a good dose.

I also have a road I ride through almost everyday and one mean dog sometimes attack but not often so you don't know when it happens but I know the bastard by sight and are ready to give full throttle.

Where do you buy pepper spray in Pattaya?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also have a road I ride through almost everyday and one mean dog sometimes attack but not often so you don't know when it happens but I know the bastard by sight and are ready to give full throttle.

many stalls on the beach road carry it

look around starbucks area

also any of the big movable markets

Mondays on sukhumvit near macdonalds

Friday, Saturdays, Sundays at Theprasit road

maybe on soi bukhao market on the second hand side on Tuesdays and Fridays

happy hunting

It could have been worse, it could have been Jaggy nettles, or maybe even stingy nettles. They were a nightmare. To be fair though Nettle soup was quite nice. I had an old farmer friend that used to make it. he offered it to me and I said no way, he said it's lovely, I said, no, your just trying to trick me.

He put on this real offended and hurt look and I caved. I had this idea of a nettle attack on my throat, maybe getting an allergic reaction to it, possibly choking and dying. I was wondering what my Mum would say when she found out. Probably he deserved it, what kind of idiot falls for the old nettle soup story...... I don't think she liked me.

Anyway, it was quite nice. Then I went to England and someone offered me a Dandelion and Burdock soft drink. <deleted> everyone knows that Dandelions taste crap, I'd tried them when I was three out in the back garden. It was either that or eat my Mums cooking. Even in those days I knew I'd picked the wrong Mum. She used to torture us with uncooked fish and leather like steaks. Anyway I tried the Dandelion and Burdock and it was fine, I think the Burdock makes all the difference. I don't actually know what Burdock is, I'll need to go Google it.

To be fair though I was a bit thick as a kid, I used to wonder how the radio stations managed to get so many bands in to one small wee place at a time. I pictured the New Seekers rushing out the door and the Beatles rushing in. What if one of them tripped up? Talking about the New Seekers I was quite keen on them. I liked that song about the world singing, " I Like To Teach The World To Sing In Perfect Harmony", oh no, that's an ear worm just started.

You used to get the Coke advert then it would be the Flake advert, she was lovely, all flowing robes and hanging about in a sea of Dandelions I think, " Only The Crumbliest, Flakiest Chocolate, Tastes Like Chocolate You've never Tasted Before". That was a lie though, I'd tasted it already. I liked Flakes and Wagon Wheels. I remember they were massive, I liked them because my Mum didn't cook them......Irn Bru was great as well, but I knew someone was kidding, it wasn't real iron, it was this orange fizzy stuff........Must think we're stupid calling it Irn.

Some people eh? crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif

ps Sorry to hear about your bike thing.

This soup seems too far off topic even for my own tastes.

And to the bike rider OP.

You would do best next time to carry a heavy load of meat.

If you feed these dogs well when you pass by, just a few times, with some scraps you can find at the restaurant after your breakfast or lunch each day, then you will have three friends in a jiffy.

This is much better for all concerned if you often pass these mutts.

Even if you manage to hit one of these dogs, they could attack again, and with more gusto.

But if you fee them with scraps from lunch at your table, and the tables next to yours, just a few times,

Then everyone will be happy.

I believe in non-violent intervention in human and dog affairs, not to mention Foreign Affairs, every time.

(Yes, I do love dogs. But that is not the reason this is always good advice to try first.)

Edited by OldChinaHam

Markets as suggested but also try a police equipment shop for the really powerful stuff.

It could have been worse, it could have been Jaggy nettles, or maybe even stingy nettles. They were a nightmare. To be fair though Nettle soup was quite nice. I had an old farmer friend that used to make it. he offered it to me and I said no way, he said it's lovely, I said, no, your just trying to trick me.

He put on this real offended and hurt look and I caved. I had this idea of a nettle attack on my throat, maybe getting an allergic reaction to it, possibly choking and dying. I was wondering what my Mum would say when she found out. Probably he deserved it, what kind of idiot falls for the old nettle soup story...... I don't think she liked me.

Anyway, it was quite nice. Then I went to England and someone offered me a Dandelion and Burdock soft drink. <deleted> everyone knows that Dandelions taste crap, I'd tried them when I was three out in the back garden. It was either that or eat my Mums cooking. Even in those days I knew I'd picked the wrong Mum. She used to torture us with uncooked fish and leather like steaks. Anyway I tried the Dandelion and Burdock and it was fine, I think the Burdock makes all the difference. I don't actually know what Burdock is, I'll need to go Google it.

To be fair though I was a bit thick as a kid, I used to wonder how the radio stations managed to get so many bands in to one small wee place at a time. I pictured the New Seekers rushing out the door and the Beatles rushing in. What if one of them tripped up? Talking about the New Seekers I was quite keen on them. I liked that song about the world singing, " I Like To Teach The World To Sing In Perfect Harmony", oh no, that's an ear worm just started.

You used to get the Coke advert then it would be the Flake advert, she was lovely, all flowing robes and hanging about in a sea of Dandelions I think, " Only The Crumbliest, Flakiest Chocolate, Tastes Like Chocolate You've never Tasted Before". That was a lie though, I'd tasted it already. I liked Flakes and Wagon Wheels. I remember they were massive, I liked them because my Mum didn't cook them......Irn Bru was great as well, but I knew someone was kidding, it wasn't real iron, it was this orange fizzy stuff........Must think we're stupid calling it Irn.

Some people eh? crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif

ps Sorry to hear about your bike thing.

This soup seems too far off topic even for my own tastes.

And to the bike rider OP.

You would do best next time to carry a heavy load of meat.

If you feed these dogs well when you pass by, just a few times, with some scraps you can find at the restaurant after your breakfast or lunch each day, then you will have three friends in a jiffy.

This is much better for all concerned if you often pass these mutts.

Even if you manage to hit one of these dogs, they could attack again, and with more gusto.

But if you fee them with scraps from lunch at your table, and the tables next to yours, just a few times,

Then everyone will be happy.

I believe in non-violent intervention in human and dog affairs, not to mention Foreign Affairs, every time.

(Yes, I do love dogs. But that is not the reason this is always good advice to try first.)

Do you really mean that are are you being sarcastic?

Feeding the damned creatures when their owners don't just keeps them alive and active. The only way to cure a dog of attacking people and killing other animals is to kill it. You will notice that the owners who deny responsibility for the mutts will suddenly change their minds when someone gives them what they deserve.

Where do I find a police equipment shop......???

Markets as suggested but also try a police equipment shop for the really powerful stuff.

Where do I find a police equipment shop......???

Where do you live?

I'm w canman and warden on this 100%. To those that think these are just stray dogs or runway pets I say quite simply you obviously have never been attacked by a true soi dog. And ill add I pray to God you or far more, your children never are.

If you are though I sadly state you are in for one hell of a wakeup call. I've faced black bear and bull moose from 10 yds away and never been even close to as scared as when attacked by a pack w a huge alpha male leader trying to impress his bitches by eating me alive.

I'm also 6'5", 230# w a roar like a caveman. Nothing backed this bastard off and I finally made it out.

Again, these are not stray pets. Their fricken no different than a pack of wolves. For Gods sake, man's genetically not far removed from being a caveman. What makes anyone think these are somehow domesticated animals when they have been bred and born in the wild.

To think some think going here puppy. Here puppy to one of these. Again. I just pray you never run into a real pack as you have no clue. Your not going to domestcate a wild animal.

As noted in original post, I would only state, the proof is in the pudding. No problem, and then big problem..... I would say bike or bushes no problem. Lucky though the pack did not jump on him while he was down.

Dogs are not wolves.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origin_of_the_domestic_dog#DNA_evidence

No one is saying dogs are wolves. They are at least in some breeds, as per the reference you have linked too, decended from wolves. The point is that even a domesticated dog when roaming feral will revert to type. That type being a predator who hunts in packs. Thailand has the third highest rate of death from rabies in asia, its a horrible way to go and its mostly children dying this way. That fact alone should be enough to warrant a humane cull. The Thai government will not do this for various silly reasons so it is left to people living in the burbs to deal with the problem. I agree poisoning is not the prefered method unless you know what you are doing as done improperly will lead to the animal unnecessarily suffering. However if I felt my children were being threatened by fearal dogs I would take them out by what ever means were available to me.

It seems the main aggressor out of the dogs has gone.

There was talk of others being attacked too since myself. And when there are children on the m/c as they pass that is not a good thing.

Oddly this only started recently and at the same time frame in the evening.

I am led to believe the Thai locals have sorted this problem out.

And here we go again, why not poison yourself to stop wasting oxygen

So it's preferable to let wild animals who attack humans roam freely? How would you feel if those same dogs ripped the face off of a child? I love dogs as much as the next man but a freely roaming vicious dog is a dangerous animal, a threat and should be dealt with.

And poisoning is your solution?

This has also become a huge problem on Koh Chang and they are attributing it there to people having left the island now it's the low season and allowing the dogs to fend for themselves regarding food. There have been several reports of tourists being attacked by fierce packs of dogs.

I was preparing to go there so I was looking around for some form of defence. I was reading about pepper spray but I'm also reluctant to harm them.

So I sent away to is Amazon UK for this device, which has just arrived .

http://www.dazer.com/dog-deterrent.jsp

Please don't use pepper spray. No need because of this device I bought is brilliant! I was waiting for many days before I encountered some aggressive dogs and when the moment came the dazer really worked. First, they stop in their tracks when you press the button and the red light comes on and point it at them and then they start backing away.

To Morden:

I don't live in Thailand, and I'm quite sure that I can't buy pepper spray where I live. So where could I find a "good police equipment store" in Pattaya or Bangkok?

To all "dog lovers".... Just a couple of days ago, a 4-year old boy was killed by a pack of street dogs in my native country (mercifully I don't live there anymore)... As far as I'm concerned, the presence/absence of street dogs makes the difference between the civilized world and the third world.

To Morden:

I don't live in Thailand, and I'm quite sure that I can't buy pepper spray where I live. So where could I find a "good police equipment store" in Pattaya or Bangkok?

To all "dog lovers".... Just a couple of days ago, a 4-year old boy was killed by a pack of street dogs in my native country (mercifully I don't live there anymore)... As far as I'm concerned, the presence/absence of street dogs makes the difference between the civilized world and the third world.

I don't know where they are in those two places. However, if in North Pattaya you go the mall that includes Big C, there's a shop that sells all kinds of self defence equipment up to BB guns. Perhaps they also sell pepper spray or can tell you where you can buy it.

I agree with you regarding street dogs. A scourge in any neighbourhood that should either be confined to the owners' land or killed off.

To Morden:

There is a police supply shop on Soi Suan Phlu, Sathorn Bangkok, opposite the police station.

My response to this annoyance was to get a pocket knife, its always with me if i leave the house.

I keep driving slowly when a dog comes, he will get a nasty sting back if he does not watch out.

Edited by poanoi

to the cowards who advocate poisoning, i hope you die in agony

you want to kill something, do it like a man

Unfortunately the dogs are too chicken to face a man with a baseball bat intent on bashing their skulls open and run away with their tails between their legs only to try to attack again next time, or attack a more unmanly victim.

I see, so you saying the brave pick up baseball bats? and the ones who run away from the weapon are too chicken?

So if i point a gun to your head you will argue with me?

I suggest you read the post I was responding to which suggests that someone who poisons these viciouos beasts is a coward and should stand up to them "like a man"

On the occassions when I have stood up to one to take it on, the mutt has been the coward and run away, only to return to attack as soon as your back is turned.

Now if the mutt was prepared to "stand up like a dog" and have a face to face confrontation then I have no qualms about it coming off worse.

Are you really under the illusion that these mutts are lovable pets? If so you have never had to face one.

As to your gun, well you are probably as cowardly as these mutts you defend and would shit yourself too.

to the cowards who advocate poisoning, i hope you die in agony

you want to kill something, do it like a man

Unfortunately the dogs are too chicken to face a man with a baseball bat intent on bashing their skulls open and run away with their tails between their legs only to try to attack again next time, or attack a more unmanly victim.

I see, so you saying the brave pick up baseball bats? and the ones who run away from the weapon are too chicken?

So if i point a gun to your head you will argue with me?

I suggest you read the post I was responding to which suggests that someone who poisons these viciouos beasts is a coward and should stand up to them "like a man"

On the occassions when I have stood up to one to take it on, the mutt has been the coward and run away, only to return to attack as soon as your back is turned.

Now if the mutt was prepared to "stand up like a dog" and have a face to face confrontation then I have no qualms about it coming off worse.

Are you really under the illusion that these mutts are lovable pets? If so you have never had to face one.

As to your gun, well you are probably as cowardly as these mutts you defend and would shit yourself too.

What a load of twaddle.

Confronting a dog that's probably diseased and demented is neither sensible nor necessary. They don't deserve a dog to man fight. cheesy.gif The only answer is to exterminate those that show aggression. There's no point in either attempting to reason with them or playing at John Wayne with them.

To Morden:

I don't know where they are in those two places. However, if in North Pattaya you go the mall that includes Big C, there's a shop that sells all kinds of self defence equipment up to BB guns. Perhaps they also sell pepper spray or can tell you where you can buy it.

I agree with you regarding street dogs. A scourge in any neighbourhood that should either be confined to the owners' land or killed off.

The mall that includes Big C in North Pattaya... would that be the Central Festival Mall on Second Road? I don't remember any other Big C in North Pattaya.... I haven't been to Pattaya for a couple of years though.

To Morden:

There is a police supply shop on Soi Suan Phlu, Sathorn Bangkok, opposite the police station.

I'll remember that, thank you.