Where is the love or why do you hate? (overstayers)

mengfarmer

This is thai visa mate,go to the other forums were hardened mongers post lol. I odnt hate or love an overstayer,but i will not support anybody who does something ilegal in Thailand.Why anybody should overstay is beyond me but som nam na.

Also i believe the Pattaya haters are the members who live in Bangkok,with a million baht a month income,a chinese/thai wife who earns the sameand the typical pompous arrogant attitude they have.

Live and let live,but expect crap back when given out.

• Like 1

This is thai visa mate,go to the other forums were hardened mongers post lol. I odnt hate or love an overstayer,but i will not support anybody who does something ilegal in Thailand.Why anybody should overstay is beyond me but som nam na.

Also i believe the Pattaya haters are the members who live in Bangkok,with a million baht a month income,a chinese/thai wife who earns the sameand the typical pompous arrogant attitude they have.

Ahh..you talk about the same HiSo pepole I see eating out in fancy restaurants congratulating them self of being the rulers of the world on PMTV everday?

yeah...All my love to them to :)

Ahh..you talk about the same HiSo pepole I see eating out in fancy restaurants congratulating them self of being the rulers of the world on PMTV everday?

yeah...All my love to them to smile.png

Hi-so wannabees mate

Would guess that some believe that if too many people over staying their visa, at some point it may cause Thai Immigration to change some of their policies

I would guess some believe that any such change would be likely to make thing more difficult for all.

Given this, they believe that by others overstaying their visa, it may end up impacting them in the future by making their life more difficult

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• Like 1

Would guess that some believe that if too many people over staying their visa, at some point it may cause Thai Immigration to change some of their policies

I would guess some believe that any such change would be likely to make thing more difficult for all.

Given this, they believe that by others overstaying their visa, it may end up impacting them in the future by making their life more difficult

You make a valid point!

But I seems to me like immigration changes thier policies at any time for any or no reason just because thay can!

Edited by mengfarmer

i agree with that sentiment,but i dont hate over-stayers.

• Like 1

While there is the incidental over-stayer of maybe a few days or weeks, there are also some in Thailand who are on overstay for months or years -- all they have to do is make sure they are in no situation where someone might check their passport or other ID for validity of stay. Why go through the expense, time, and drudgery of visas and extensions of stay -- as long as they can keep 20,000 baht on hand and the cost of an airline ticket to KL they are safe.

I have a lot of respect for such persons as they are smarter than everyone else -- just ask 'em and they'll tell you.

Edited by JLCrab

I do not hate overstayers, because I do know life can be a bitch and you might fall in that categorie very quickly (know it well, have happend to me in 2003).

On the other hand, when it does happend, there are step to be taken, simply because it is illegal (in my country, in yours, and in Thailand) to stay in a foreign country without the correct documents. While Police can be sympathetic if you indeed got problems and act to correct said problem, they will not (in every country) love you much if you simply try to cheat the game. Face it, overstaying is simply ILLEGAL. It even became a crime when you overstay willingly.

For Pattaya, well I confess I live and work in Phuket, so there is enought craps here to avoid to find some more in a distant place. But, while there is indeed crap in Phuket, you will notice it only if you go in some specific spot : Night venues (or soemthing like that, Bangla for example). On the other hand, if you live a somehow normal life, well, I am pretty sure your life will be normal, in Phuket, in Pattaya or any where else. Most of people who do hate Pattaya (or Phuket, or Nana) simply are jealous others are able to do what they can not do! But that is common human behavior.

So 2 topics, but without no relations btw eachother. Pattaya is a case of pure bigotterie; while overstayers are ... overstayers, and most countries are fighting against those unwanted guests (USA, France, Germany, Thailand). So I not hate them, by the same way I do not hate arabs people sneaking into my beloved country, or by the same way a US people will not hate mexicans sneaking across rio grande; because we all are human and racism is a sin (no kidding). But it does not imply we shall love them , or even tolerate them (with the reservations I made on the top of my post, regarding a person hit by problem, and who immediatly act to solve those problems). Overstaying is I L L E G A L.

Your guess is a good guess.

Over the last 20 years of living and working in Thailand things have changed several times with Thailand trying to changes things and find something that works. Overstay is one issue. The other issue is people working here illegally. Meaning they are staying here on a tourist/ visa exempt or non-o visa but working. I don't hate over stayers I have overstayed a day here and there myself due to delays with jobs I worked on before moving here.

I don't believe the haters are worried about the guys that stay a few days, it's the guys that are overstaying by months / years. Those guys are the problems. I have met guys that have overstayed more than 3 years and a few others that were several months and they were not worried and even laughed about it. Saying when they are ready they will just go to the boarder and pay the fee. I'm sure some over-stayers do care and didn't intentionally decide to overstay that things just happened, lost their job, got scammed or lost all their money to you know who. Those guys I feel bad for.

Immigration is not strict on guys that overstay for a few days. If you over stay by 1 day and leave at the airport you will not be charged. I have even seen on the train going to Penang immigration let a girl and her girlfriend go for overstaying 3 days, no stamp no fine. It's the other type of over-stayers immigration is trying to stop.

• Like 1

yeah...All my love to them to smile.png

And than we all can sing "We shall overcome" on a swedish meadow in the sunshine and everybody love everybody.... No I cant

really respect losers that do not adhere to the law.... Even though me myself same as the OP also is a swedish guy!!

Glegolo

Who are all these people that hate over-stayers? To my recollection, I truly can't remember anyone ever mentioning them in that way during all the years I have lived here.

What I would say is that more concern is likely to be directed at people 'on the edge' of the immigration laws, people that remain in-country by doing border runs and working illegally.

This concern is brought about because they appear on the immigration/labour radars at some stage of the game, and could lead to stricter enforcement of present rules, or the introduction of new ones.

Hate is a big step.....................wink.png

Edited by chrisinth

Following the rules here just make life so easy and uncomplicated. If Immigration needs to spend more and more time dealing with overstayers, just because they think the laws don't apply to them, it will eventually make it tougher for us that do follow the law. You deserve all of the negative comments being tossed at you. Get your act together and become an adult for gosh sakes.

• Like 1

If the Thai authorities hated overstayers half as much as many on TV then something would be done to stop them.

Truth is they are quite happy to take the 20k from each long term overstayer. Must add up to quite a lot of money at the end of each month.

Nah, its a lot less going into thai economy collecting 20k every 2nd year on an average from an overstayer,

than collecting 34k every year from a guy on ED visa.

The difference is 20k vs 68k, less than 1/3 in other words

Edited by poanoi