Walen School of Investing - learn how to make money and have a better life!

MacWalen

Hey guys,

In the last year I invested in 2 companies in the Oz stock exchange. I did the following trades...

bought Senex at 0.67

Now 0.83

Bought QBE at 10.70

Now 15.35.

I bought QBE at that time because I had some knowledge of legal issues. I bought Senex because I know a friend that works for them.

Now obviously I know so much about the Aus stock exchange that I am willing to give a 1 day seminar because I am the guru. Cost is only 3000 baht, a feed, and a bar fine for a lucky lady. Cheap at half the price and I don't need the money but want you to feel it is special by charging you for this information.

If it doesn't work out for you financially then you just haven't done your homework. Not my problem.

There you are. We need more guys like you.

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I bought Senex because I know a friend that works for them.

Wow, amazing, your friend works for them. You mean like insider trading type of thing. So clever that it blows me of my feet. I will ask you to teach some classes. You obviously really know what you are doing and how to make money.

Still waiting on that contract.

MacWalen, being the astute business man you are, would you invest in anything that you know nothing about? I'm sure that before you gave your hard earned cash into any business venture you would investigate the pros and cons of it.

Surely that is all we are doing here, investigating the pros and cons of whether our hard earned is a good investment.

But it seems our due diligence is not what you would like to see. In that regard, you seem a simple snake oil salesman.

This contract has not much bearing on what I teach. I am working on the exact wording, this thread gave me a lot of food for thought. The main point will be that Walen Education does not accept any responsibility for your investment decisions and the seminar is purely educational. That you were informed of the risks involved etc. As so many of you make an issue of it I will make sure we cover all the points.

So I would like you guys to advise me what things bother you the most so I can put them in the contract. That will also show if you actually understand what the seminar is all about as it seems that a large percentage of posters is twisting the purpose of the seminar.

Well it isn't rocket science. Read your own thread, even look at the name of the thread. How to make money and have a better life.

How about being honest with this....

I have no formal qualifications but will tell you how I made money from SET and how you could possibly do the same.

Also, you may want to tell them briefly what you will be telling them otherwise it may be best just to organise a group meeting in a pub to chew the fat on what investments may be good.

But don't charge any money for doing so as you have no professional basis to do so.

Wow, amazing, your friend works for them. You mean like insider trading type of thing. So clever that it blows me of my feet. I will ask you to teach some classes. You obviously really know what you are doing and how to make money.

That's the only way to be sure to make money. If you don't have that then you really can't promise anything like you are in the OP can you?

That's the only way to be sure to make money. If you don't have that then you really can't promise anything like you are in the OP can you?

Are you this stupid? People go to jail for insider trading.

Give the guy a break <deleted>. Good luck to anybody who wants to try and pass knowledge on to others. Why would a contract be needed for a seminar?

For people like me who have no knowledge of investing but have an interest to learn it sounds appealing.......is the wool being pulled over my eyes maybe, 3000 baht is a small price to pay, and who knows it just may be the real deal wink.png

how many Chang or Leo for 3,000 Baht on the steps of a 7/11? ohmy.png

About 3 days worth.

I doubt that FDog's source was the CEO of Senex. Ordinary employees at large companies often have credible sounding opinions about how the company's stock will do but seldom do they possess information that makes their judgment any more accurate than an outsider's.

Give the guy a break <deleted>. Good luck to anybody who wants to try and pass knowledge on to others. Why would a contract be needed for a seminar?

For people like me who have no knowledge of investing but have an interest to learn it sounds appealing.......is the wool being pulled over my eyes maybe, 3000 baht is a small price to pay, and who knows it just may be the real deal wink.png

how many Chang or Leo for 3,000 Baht on the steps of a 7/11? ohmy.png

It can also buy you just over 3 litres of locally produced, cold pressed flaxseed oil.biggrin.png

Or one gram of gold pressed latinum.

Well we don't know if you are teaching that do we? You have asked what we want to know and we have told you but we still don't know.

Are you so naïve to think that those that make the real money on stocks don't do insider trading?

I'm not going to tell you exactly what it is, but it isn't really insider trading, its just doing ones homework. If you give me 3000 baht you may get some more information.

• Like 2

Well we don't know if you are teaching that do we? You have asked what we want to know and we have told you but we still don't know.

Are you so naïve to think that those that make the real money on stocks don't do insider trading?

I'm not going to tell you exactly what it is, but it isn't really insider trading, its just doing ones homework. If you give me 3000 baht you may get some more information.

Whether it's insider trading or not depends upon who the employee is and what he told you.

Edited by AngelsLariat

MacWalen, being the astute business man you are, would you invest in anything that you know nothing about? I'm sure that before you gave your hard earned cash into any business venture you would investigate the pros and cons of it.

Surely that is all we are doing here, investigating the pros and cons of whether our hard earned is a good investment.

But it seems our due diligence is not what you would like to see. In that regard, you seem a simple snake oil salesman.

This contract has not much bearing on what I teach. I am working on the exact wording, this thread gave me a lot of food for thought. The main point will be that Walen Education does not accept any responsibility for your investment decisions and the seminar is purely educational. That you were informed of the risks involved etc. As so many of you make an issue of it I will make sure we cover all the points.

So I would like you guys to advise me what things bother you the most so I can put them in the contract. That will also show if you actually understand what the seminar is all about as it seems that a large percentage of posters is twisting the purpose of the seminar.

You are beyond incredible

you ask people to give you suggestions of what to put in a contract that they must sign to protect YOU not them. giggle.gif You're not in the slightest bit worried about the interests of your attendees only that you cover your own ass. Why should people give you ideas that may work against them later if they are dissatisfied with what you provided? And you are surprised when people don't respect you?

The stock exchange of Thailand free seminars don't ask you to sign anything

I doubt that FDog's source was the CEO of Senex. Ordinary employees at large companies often have credible sounding opinions about how the company's stock will do but seldom do they possess information that makes their judgment any more accurate than an outsider's.

Exactly right. And I won't charge you 3000 baht for the info either.

But for some free advice on it. Don't buy it now, very volatile, jumps up and down every day but I think if you get in at about 75 cents and hold it for about 6 months don't be surprised if it reaches a dollar.

• Like 1

It can also buy you just over 3 litres of locally produced, cold pressed flaxseed oil.biggrin.png

Very interesting comment indeed, but how is it related to anything? Do you join seminar tropo? Yes or no? I'm sure you would benefit.

Sorry, it's a long running joke with Naam. Nothing to do with investing, but it is an idea of how to spend 3000 baht.

• Like 1

You are beyond incredible

you ask people to give you suggestions of what to put in a contract that they must sign to protect YOU not them. giggle.gif You're not in the slightest bit worried about the interests of your attendees only that you cover your own ass. Why should people give you ideas that may work against them later if they are dissatisfied with what you provided? And you are surprised when people don't respect you?

The stock exchange of Thailand free seminars don't ask you to sign anything

Oh... well that's the contract issue settled then. If the SET itself doesn't see need for any printed and signed legal protection from being sued by broke and clueless muppets attending their free seminars, then I reckon all the OP has to do is give the similarly challenged attending his seminars a receipt for the 3000 baht they paid to attend and learn.

If the OP isn't actually touching the investment funds of the attendees and only giving them a nice air-conditioned afternoon where they can learn something, who needs a bloody contract? For what?

Someone specifically asked if the OP would have any concerns if one of the attendees lost his nest egg after attending the course. Really? Why? It is the OP's intent to sell KNOWLEDGE. If the newbie investor doesn't have any COMMON SENSE, why is it the OP's fault?

Good luck with it and I hope your stocks are looking up!!

Ozzie, thank you for your kind words.

Here is the update of the Walen portfolio as of 13 Sep 2013, a little over 6 mil profit, as you can see nothing spectacular yet but the % of profit is steadily increasing. There might be a correction next week but should not be anything like what we have seen 3 weeks ago. Perhaps 5% only, but maybe not, I am not a prophet. I believe overall the upward trend will continue.

post-46756-0-93268900-1379070405_thumb.p

Edited by MacWalen

Good luck with it and I hope your stocks are looking up!!

Ozzie, thank you for your kind words.

Here is the update of the Walen portfolio as of 13 Sep 2013, a little over 6 mil profit, as you can see nothing spectacular yet but the % of profit is steadily increasing. There might be a correction next week but should not be anything like what we have seen 3 weeks ago. Perhaps 5% only, but maybe not, I am not a prophet. I believe overall the upward trend will continue.

Kudos for continuing to update. It will be interesting to see how the portfolio performs over time in lieu of seeing long term or even year-to-date performance stats.

Currently I see you are still under-performing the overall market (which returned 15% since the time you bought these stocks). Over a period of a week or so that could be a fluke but once you get to a few weeks of relative weak performance as we we're seeing now then that's a red flag. I would recommend you examine the individual components of your portfolio to identify which stocks are the laggards and then consider why and what you plan on doing about it (there are a few ways to handle this). The biggest concern is that once the inevitable correction comes, those that are showing weakness right now as the market is soaring are then going to plummet like a rock when the overall selloff begins.

How often do you open new positions / close existing ones? Are you an active investor or do you usually hold the same stock for years?

• Like 1

Those are quality companies. They will do well. Just a matter of time. You are referring to the bottom of recent correction. Im not a prophet. I bought when I thought was safe enough. If others can do better good on them.

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

well just had a talk with Macwalen and being an trader/investor myself I am quite sure that he has good and interesting points of view to tell people a bit more investing.

Actaully if he would do a seminar in Phuket or Krabi I will join in, even though I already have some experience in the financial markets, it is always good to learn more and to appreciate and consider other ways of investing as day traders or short term traders do.

If any people in the South here would be interested let Mac know then he can do a seminar here, you can sign me up Mac.

Now I am writing this for people who have an interest in investing and the fundamental reasons why markets move and such.

So please, for the nah sayers, each has his own opinion that is fine, but not need to troll the thread, if u are that bored, don your chang wife beaters, shorts and slippers and head out to the bar for a beer smile.png

Edited by likewise

well just had a talk with Macwalen and being an trader/investor myself I am quite sure that he has good and interesting points of view to tell people a bit more investing.

Actaully if he would do a seminar in Phuket or Krabi I will join in, even though I already have some experience in the financial markets, it is always good to learn more and to appreciate and consider other ways of investing as day traders or short term traders do.

If any people in the South here would be interested let Mac know then he can do a seminar here, you can sign me up Mac.

Now I am writing this for people who have an interest in investing and the fundamental reasons why markets move and such.

So please, for the nah sayers, each has his own opinion that is fine, but not need to troll the thread, if u are that bored, don your chang wife beaters, shorts and slippers and head out to the bar for a beer smile.png

Hmmmmmmmmmm, your last sentence dismisses you from my thoughts. If you think that folk who ask questions are trolls the you are stup.......rolleyes.gif

Actaully if he would do a seminar in Phuket or Krabi I will join in

Glad to hear that the interest in Walen School of Investing is growing in the south. Those who wish me failure will not like to see that this new idea may actually work. Also it is not as easy as opening a copy cat Thai school and selling ED visas as you really need to know something to teach investing. Much harder to copy, isn't is?

likewise thanks for your support. Let's work on getting more students for the seminar in Phuket.

• Like 1

How often do you open new positions / close existing ones? Are you an active investor or do you usually hold the same stock for years?

rambling, if you would like to learn from me then I recommend you joining the seminar. If you know better, then why do you want more information form me? What I do works and I can teach others how to make money and have a better life. The interest is growing even in other parts of Thailand where I did not advertise.

Here is the update of Walen portfolio as of 16 Sep 2013. Rambling you are welcome to go ahead and criticise it, I know your style already. Very predictable.

post-46756-0-38393200-1379326031_thumb.p

Edited by MacWalen
  • Like 1

Hmmmmmmmmmm, your last sentence dismisses you from my thoughts. If you think that folk who ask questions are trolls the you are stup.......rolleyes.gif

Questions are allowed surely, but questions regarding the thread, no bashing, that's all thumbsup.gifsmile.png

I'm amazed that one can actually realize a gain of 11.72% on a diversified portfolio in less than 3 weeks, which is of course because the SET made a similar gain.

I think it is the only stock market in the world that gained that much over the same period.

Makes you think what is going on, since the current circumstances in this country are far from ideal. Could it be a sign of massive manipulation ?

Edited by jbrain