Route 4051 CNX (off the samoeng loop)

KRS1

Where does this little slice of heaven lead to or is this close to Mon Cham ? I couldnt go all the way do to low fuel, but sure as hell wanted to .

This is quite possibly one of the most beautiful roads i have ever been on, it leads/goes through a hmong agricultural village totally on the slopes of a beautiful valley with resort bungalows on mountain peaks.

If youve ridden Socal think Angeles Crest and Los Flores canyon (snake) in one but all green.

You take the Samoeng loop counterclockwise and turn right on 4043, then it splits going up or down, up is 4051.

Totally awesome beautiful scenery, this will be my alternative route instead of taking the samoeng loop from now on, cool crisp air in high elevations !

There isnt any sign until you make the right off 1096 and ride a fair way. Its before the elephant camp, way before...

Google maps does not show this road. I think, but not totally sure that the turn off is close to the only gas station on the right.

Will try to go tomorrow if im not too hungover. It may be the Nong Hoi Royal Project. Im sure someone knows it but im just not describing it accurately. Its the mountain range/valley behind the samoeng loop and is one of the most beautiful rides ive ever taken. :)

this road is after x center, i havent ridden far enough to see where it leads, but at one of the peaks there is a sign that says you can get to samoeng.

More than likely its the road to Mon Cham, im just not familiar with it, but am sure somebody here has ridden it before.

this road is after x center, i havent ridden far enough to see where it leads, but at one of the peaks there is a sign that says you can get to samoeng.

More than likely its the road to Mon Cham, im just not familiar with it, but am sure somebody here has ridden it before.

I have been up to Mon Cham but not on that road.

I took the one that is in the little village aways further along in the loop

Or do you mean you think this road also links onto it?

Edited by mania

at the beginning of the road there is a map (small billboard) and mon cham is spottted on it about 80% of the way from start. I think you can link to it.

be going there soon and will take pics.

at the beginning of the road there is a map (small billboard) and mon cham is spottted on it about 80% of the way from start. I think you can link to it.

be going there soon and will take pics.

I wouldn't be surprised as the time I was up at Mon Cham they were working on the road so directed folks down a different way that went back into some nice mountain areas. But in that case they did eventually hook you back around to the original.

But seeing that back area I did think there is more than one way out.

4051 looked like a new road, the pavement was still white and the excavation from the side of the mountain looked to be pretty fresh. I bet its the same road. If you look on google earth there are tons of roads up there. Cant believe i never went to this area until just recently, its a like hidden gem up there.

in the end, its going to end up being the same road that some of you have already been on biggrin.png i just never seen it before, because i always go clockwise on the loop. facepalm.gif

It has to be one of these peaks, the far left is where hmong lodge is. But that plateau is what interest me on google earth, im not sure which one i was at.

loop.jpg

Edited by KRS1