Shoe repairs

neilf

I have a pair of years old clarkes shoes from uk

They are very comfortable and ok but need new soles the originals are sort of rubber not leather

Anybody know please where i can take them for repair thanks

Sent from my GT-S5570B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I have had many sandals repaired over the years and Mrs E uses this guy for all her shoes, he basically has a little stall on Pattaya Klang, head towards the beach from 3rd road on Pattaya Klang and he's on the left hand side, there is a group of motorbike taxi guys there as well, very good and not expensive.

Mr E

• Like 1

I have had many sandals repaired over the years and Mrs E uses this guy for all her shoes, he basically has a little stall on Pattaya Klang, head towards the beach from 3rd road on Pattaya Klang and he's on the left hand side, there is a group of motorbike taxi guys there as well, very good and not expensive.

Mr E

I second this if the one before you hit Soi Buakhaow on the left so only maybe 1-200 yards after Third Road.

He replaced the soles on a pair of Jones soft upper trainer like shoes with rubberish soles - did a great job.

• Like 1

Also on soi 17 off of Theprasit, there is a shoe repair shop at the end of the shops just past the car wash.. very good.

I can recommend this guy, he does good work and is very cheap. I've directed Thai friends there to get repairs done and they have all been very happy with the results.

As you drive down Soi 17 from Thepprasit he's in the last little shop on the left.

Mr E

Yes I also used this Guy recently, he re-soled and heeled my leather Ankle Boots, cost me 100 bt.

Did a great job, now so thick will last me for Years...

He is at a small stall down an Alley next to the large Restaurent 2 shops away from the Soi Bouakow Turning

off Pattaya Klang, I think the Restaurent is called Lenkies with a lot of Barbecued Duck hung in a glass cabinet.

His little shoe repair stall is open till about 8 pm each evening.... Good luck.....

• Like 1

Thanks all

Jori who tells me he is banned on here again told me about a guy a few doors along from Elephant Bar in bhukow sorry re spelling

If u came out of the Elephant and walked to the right this guy has a space where he works at the end of the row

He came up with 2 clarkes stamped sole and heel one piece rubber replacements and quoted 400 baht. Seems a lot but they were thick at the sole so said ok

He speaks good english and i have his phone no.

Lets see

Sent from my GT-S5570B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 4 weeks later...

I took my fine leathers in for heels and a half-sole at 350 Baht. Good work. The shop is on the opposite side of the street from Tukom. Walk towards Third Road about 1 block and it is at 111/28 Pattaya Tai, across from Coffe and Beer.

• 2 months later...

Thanks, Blackman. This is specifically about sandal repair and more specifically about the velcro that keeps the strap in place. I bought a nice pair of Findig sandals about a year ago. (The name of the shop, on Soi Bouakhao, is different but it's the same company.) They've been very good but have now become useless because the velcro no longer keeps the strap closed. Intuitively, one might not expect velcro to last forever, but I formerly had a similar pair of sandals from Bata that I wore for about 10 years.

Anyway, I went by the shop this evening and was told they could be repaired at the factory but it would take about a month and cost me maybe a couple of hundred baht. I didn't want to spend another 1890 baht on a new pair, especially if they weren't going to last more than a year, so I came back to the shop a little while later with sandals in hand. After a little blabbering back and forth, I was told that the sales person had been mistaken: the sandals could be repaired if they were a week old but not if a year old. I took this to mean that the company isn't interested in repairing year-old sandals but feels some responsibility to repair week-old ones, albeit with a wait of one month. I don't think we're supposed to advise for or against specific shops or companies here, but you can infer what you want from this little story.

It seems to me that replacing a strip of velcro isn't rocket science, but it also isn't something the average competent shoe repair person would be expected to do. Any suggestions?

Almost at the end of South Pattaya Road, opposite the school, there is an excellent little shop for shoe repairs.

I second your advice. The small shop at South road, almost at the corner of South rd and 2nd road.

Few times I had worn out sneaker soles repaired there. 150 baht and ready next day.