10mil investor visa

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it is. But it is an extension of stay, not a Visa

2.5 In the case of an investment:

Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 1 year at a time.

In case of an investment of not less than 10 million baht.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM)

(2) Proof of money transfer to Thailand of not less than 10 million baht.

(3) Proof of investment to purchase or rent for a period not less than 3 years of unit in a condominium from an agency or government agency concerned at a price of not less than 10 million baht.

(4) Proof of investment in the form of a fixed deposit of not less than 10 million baht with a bank registered in Thailand with Thai shareholders comprising more than 50% of its shareholders.

(5) Proof of investment to purchase government or state enterprise bonds with a value of not less than 10 million baht or

(6) Proof of combined investments as set out in clauses (3),(4)

Or (5) having a total value of not less than 10 million baht.

You can make NON-O for spouse. Even more - for family members. Not so long ago one client of my friends in Real Estate business, obtain it and also make NON-O-s for wife and 3 child, good option for big family if you have enough funds of course...

You can make NON-O for spouse. Even more - for family members. Not so long ago one client of my friends in Real Estate business, obtain it and also make NON-O-s for wife and 3 child, good option for big family if you have enough funds of course...

Ah, great. Thanks! Feel free to refer me to your friends real estate firm.

Your Wife can apply for 12 month extensions as your dependant.

2.20 In the case of a family

member of an alien who has been permitted temporary

stay under clauses 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.5, 2.6,2.7, 2.10, 2.12, 2.13,2.4, 2.15, 2.16, 2.17,

2.21, 2.22,2.26,6.29 of this Order (applicable only to parents, spouse, child, adopted child or child of

his/her spouse):

Permission will be

granted for a period of

not more than 1 year at a time.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM);

(2) Proof of family relationship;

(3) In the case of a spouse, the marital relationship shall be de

jure (legitimate) and de facto;

Again confusion between extension of stay and a visa.

Here is how it works. Obtain single entry non-o visa (or any other non immigrant visa) enter the county and you obtain a 90 day permit to stay. At this point you no longer have a visa you have a permit to stay. Then you go to immigration and apply for an extension of your permit to stay. At this point you are on an extension of stay.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Your Wife can apply for 12 month extensions as your dependant.

2.20 In the case of a family

member of an alien who has been permitted temporary

stay under clauses 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.5, 2.6,2.7, 2.10, 2.12, 2.13,2.4, 2.15, 2.16, 2.17,

2.21, 2.22,2.26,6.29 of this Order (applicable only to parents, spouse, child, adopted child or child of

his/her spouse):

Permission will be

granted for a period of

not more than 1 year at a time.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM);

(2) Proof of family relationship;

(3) In the case of a spouse, the marital relationship shall be de

jure (legitimate) and de facto;

Hi again,

Do you know if a dependant can be non married, fiancee or do I need to get married before applying for the extension of stay for her?

Edited by pingp0ng

Hi again all!

I'm trying to get a step by step picture in my mind of how this 10 mil extension of stay application will look like.

- What visa do I need to start off with for the 10 mil investment extension of stay?

"(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM)"

Can this be a standard tourist visa (30 day) that I get on arrival?

- Do I first apply for a 90 day tourist visa at my local embassy and then setup everything while I'm in thailand?

- Is it possible to know if your extension of stay for 1 year will be granted before I tie myself up for a long term lease?

Could I apply for the extension of stay at my local embassy in europe?

- Will I be able to travel in and out of the country as much as I want on the extension of stay?

- By purchasing a condo, do I need to hold it for 3 yrs before I can apply for the extension of stay?

Edited by pingp0ng

I suggest you get a single entry tourist visa.

After arriving here open a bank account at a government bank (Krung Thai or Government Saving Bank). Then transfer the 10 million into the account.

Then get a letter from bank confirming your account balance and that it was transfered into the country.

Then go to immigration and a apply for a change of visa status (TM86) based upon investment. This will give you a 90 day non immigrant visa entry that can then be extended for a year after 60 days.

You can then go shopping for your condo. You do not need to own it for three years that is only needed if you are leasing one. Once you buy your condo you could then put the remainder of the money into a fixed term account, government bonds and etc.

The only way you could get a B visa for investment before arriving would be if you had the money in the bank here already and could supply proof of it to a embassy or consulate.

Then get a letter from bank confirming your account balance and that it was transfered into the country.

To be pedantic, you'll need two letters from your bank. You need to have a savings account to receive the money from abroad. You then transfer the money to a fixed savings account. One letter will cover the transfer from abroad to the savings account. The second will cover the amount of the fixed deposit and its duration.

And one tip: make sure that on maturity the money remains in the fixed deposit account and isn't automatically transferred back to the savings account. This happened to me, and even though I immediately (same day) opened a new fixed deposit account, this was enough for Immigration to cancel my visa.

I'm confused. Is it 10 mil baht minimum if you go for direct investments and 14 (8+6 with spouse) if you go for indirect?

http://www.thaivisa.com/non-immigrant-visa.html

INVESTOR VISAS. This is a new category of visa with issuance controlled by the Board of Investment. This visa can carry a residence permit for applicant and immediate family if a specified amount of capital is brought into Thailand for investment.Direct Investment:Applicable by aliens who bring into Thailand not less than Baht 10 million for investment in a new project which benefits the country’s economy or a project subject to the approval and conditions set forth by the Committee for Granting Permanent Residence; or

Investment in Securities:Applicable to aliens who bring into Thailand money to buy special-type bonds prescribed by the Ministry of Finance and the Bank of Thailand. Persons granted visas must not transfer or redeem the bonds for a period of 10 years.

• Investor Baht 8 million

• Spouse Baht 6 million

• Per minor, unmarried child Baht 2 million

Edited by pingp0ng

I'm confused. Is it 10 mil baht minimum if you go for direct investments and 14 (8+6 with spouse) if you go for indirect?

http://www.thaivisa.com/non-immigrant-visa.html

INVESTOR VISAS. This is a new category of visa with issuance controlled by the Board of Investment. This visa can carry a residence permit for applicant and immediate family if a specified amount of capital is brought into Thailand for investment.Direct Investment:Applicable by aliens who bring into Thailand not less than Baht 10 million for investment in a new project which benefits the country’s economy or a project subject to the approval and conditions set forth by the Committee for Granting Permanent Residence; or

Investment in Securities:Applicable to aliens who bring into Thailand money to buy special-type bonds prescribed by the Ministry of Finance and the Bank of Thailand. Persons granted visas must not transfer or redeem the bonds for a period of 10 years.

• Investor Baht 8 million

• Spouse Baht 6 million

• Per minor, unmarried child Baht 2 million

Just ignore this it was done away with years ago. The BOI will have nothing to with your extension of stay or getting a visa.

Your extension will handled under the clause of the police order posted before.

Once you have your extension your family would need to go to a nearby consulate or embassy and obtain single entry non-o visas by showing copies of your passport showing your extension of stamp and marriage/birth certificates to prove your relationship. Then they would go to immigration and get extensions of stay based upon your extension as your dependents.

Edited by ubonjoe

Would it be possible to marry my non Thai girlfriend in Thailand after I have receive my extension of stay to make her my dependant? Or do I need to come with a marriage certificate from our home country?

Edited by pingp0ng

Yes it is. But it is an extension of stay, not a Visa

2.5 In the case of an investment:

Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 1 year at a time.

In case of an investment of not less than 10 million baht.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM)

(2) Proof of money transfer to Thailand of not less than 10 million baht.

(3) Proof of investment to purchase or rent for a period not less than 3 years of unit in a condominium from an agency or government agency concerned at a price of not less than 10 million baht.

(4) Proof of investment in the form of a fixed deposit of not less than 10 million baht with a bank registered in Thailand with Thai shareholders comprising more than 50% of its shareholders.

(5) Proof of investment to purchase government or state enterprise bonds with a value of not less than 10 million baht or

(6) Proof of combined investments as set out in clauses (3),(4)

Or (5) having a total value of not less than 10 million baht.

Do you know if the investment has to be in baht or could it be the equivalent to 10 million in USD for example?

• 2 weeks later...

With this 10 mil extension of stay do you need to do 90 day reporting? Ideally I would like to travel for about 6 months a yr and only stay in Thailand for about 6 months.

Yes, however, the 90 reporting will be done after you have been back for 90 days.

If you only intend being here for 6 months of the year why would you want to tie up 10 million baht?

Bear in mind after the one year is up you have to start the process all over again by applying for another extension.

You only need to make the report of staying longer than 90 days if you actually do that. Leave and re-enter and a new 90 day period starts on the day you enter.

Ah ok! Thanks. Is there any rule on how many days you must stay in Thailand per year to retain the 10 mil investor extension?

Edited by pingp0ng

• 2 months later...

My consulate is unaware of this policy to grant visa extentions based on a 10 Million Baht investment. They said they only give visa's out for tourism or work. What kind of Non-Immigrant visa class should I ask the consulate to give me? Am I looking for an O (Some websites say there is an O investor class, but my reading seems to say O is for spouses and family), B or IB, IM class? My consulate is clueless about it, so they've asked me to provide proof of this by obtaining a letter from Immigration and they will issue me the right visa. Has anyone else had this kind of problem?

Also does the Visa extension have to be done in Bangkok or can I do the extension in Koh Samui?

Thanks!