Uzbekistan Murder Victim 'comes back from the dead' in Pattaya

webfact

While you all cast aspersions on her looks, her status and her work ethics, no one seems to wonder why it has taken her nearly two weeks to come forward and declare herself "alive".

You would think that as soon as the boyfriend was arrested and charged with her murder, that she would be screaming "hey boys, I'm here, alive & well"

She claims that her concern is that her family might think she is dead.......why wait two weeks?

There are more questions than answers

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When this story first broke the victim was described as Thai. Then suddenly became the Uzbek girlfriend. Now the girlfriend resurfaces.

Someone has alot of explaining to do.

What initial tests identified the corpse as the Uzbek girlfriend or were the police just relying on the confession?

How much 'pressure' did the police put on the Uzbek guy to confess?

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

this place is such a joke and more of a koke are the officiels monitering and supposedtly doing their job... = politicians, police, Dsi ,,, what just name it !! All a bunch of jokers !!

one would think waitress might make the forbidden list but apparently not????

Updated by Sunbelt Asia Legal Advisors’ licensed Attorneys in December 2010

Under Thai Law BE2522 foreigners are prohibited to engage in any of the following types of work in Thailand:

Manual work;
Work in agriculture, animal husbandry, forestry or fishing excluding specialized work in each particular branch or farm supervision;
Bricklaying, carpentry or other construction works;
Woodcarving;
Driving a mechanically propelled carrier or driving a non-mechanically propelled vehicle, excluding international aircraft piloting;
Shop attending;
Auction;
Supervising, auditing or giving services in accounting excluding internal auditing on occasions;
Cutting or polishing jewelry;
Haircutting, hairdressing or beauty treatment;
Cloth weaving by hand;
Weaving of mats or making products from reeds, rattan, hemp, straw or bamboo;
Making of Sa paper by hand;
Lacquer ware making;
Making of Thai musical instruments;
Nielloware making;
Making of products from gold, silver or gold-copper alloy;
Bronze ware making;
Making of Thai dolls;
Making of mattresses or quilt blankets;
Alms bowl casting;
Making of silk products by hand;
Casting of Buddha images;
Knife making;
Making of paper or cloth umbrellas;
Shoemaking;
Hat making;
Brokerage or agency excluding brokerage or agency in international trade business;
Engineering work in a civil engineering branch concerning designing and calculation, organization, research, planning, testing, construction supervision or advising excluding specialized work;
Architectural work concerning designing, drawing of plans, estimating, construction directing or advising;
Garment making;
Pottery or ceramic ware making;
Cigarette making by hand;
Guide or conducting sightseeing tours;
Street vending;
Typesetting of Thai characters by hand;
Drawing and twisting silk thread by hand;
Office or secretarial work;
Legal or lawsuit services.

(Source: Alien Occupational Control Division, Department of Employment Ministry of Labor and Social Welfare.)

When this story first broke the victim was described as Thai. Then suddenly became the Uzbek girlfriend. Now the girlfriend resurfaces.

Someone has alot of explaining to do.

What initial tests identified the corpse as the Uzbek girlfriend or were the police just relying on the confession?

How much 'pressure' did the police put on the Uzbek guy to confess?

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

A number of books are available, which describe conditions in Thai Jails and the lengths Thai Police will go for a confession.

A hearsay story: a good friend's 14 year old nephiew was accused of stealing a gold necklace. Thai Police hung him by his wrists and used electric probes to get him to confess. My friend saw him hanging when he presented the courts release order - the necklace had been found behind the accuser's bed.

People at the Olympic Games, whose sole job is to put up the proper flags or play the proper anthem (from a total of fewer than 200 options), screw it up.

Is it little wonder then that perhaps Thai Immigration people, asked to produce a photograph of a young Uzbek woman with dark hair that maybe arrived a year ago, probably on a flight with 100 other similar looking women, on a day they may have processed 50,000(+) visitors, maybe used the wrong picture ?

As for her work permit. I see on one site that foreigners apparently can work at "selling food, beverages that promote tourism." while another site states that "(19) Sale of food and beverages" is restricted to Thais only. It doesn't mention waitresses or dancing or singing or anything related to the entertainment industry at all it seems.

That site is the English translation of the FOREIGN BUSINESS ACT, B.E.2542(1999)* and on List 1 of the Annex (BUSINESSES STRICTO SENSU - NOT PERMISSIBLE TO FOREIGNERS BY SPECIAL REASON) the very first item is:

(1) The Press,radio broadcasting station or radio and television station business".

Some of the other occupations included in that Act are:

(9) Land trading,

(6) Provision of accounting services,

(7) Provision of legal services,

(16) Advertising business,

(17) Hotel business, with the exception of the hotel management service and

(18) Guided touring.

The Act does note that "(21) Other service businesses, with the exception of service businesses as prescribed in the Ministerial Regulation."

So perhaps foreign waitresses/dancers are legal, just as Filipino singers in bands apparently have been for generations (just how long has Mary been singing at the Blues Factory any ways ?!?!?)

I think you are confusing the 1999 Foreign Business Act with the 1979 Act Restricting the Professions and Occupations of Aliens. The FBA governs the business sectors that foreign business entities may or may not engage in, while the 1979 Act governs the occupations that foreign individuals may work in. To understand better how the law works consider the case of advertising. As you have pointed out advertising is restricted under the FBA. However, it is not restricted uner the Act Restricting the Professions and Occupations of Aliens. Thus foreigners may not own over 50% of an advertising agency but they are permitted to work in advertising agencies. Indeed they are many foreigners doing just that from CEO level down.

Interestingly the profession of waiting at table is not specified in the 1979 Act. I believe the Labour Ministry's interpretation has generally been that waiters and waitresses were covered by profession no. 6 listed in the Act which, translating literally from the Thai is, "The work of selling things in front of a shop". However, I have recently come across instances of young Filipinos waiting at tables in restaurants in up market shopping malls and wondered if they had work permits or Thai citizenship. Since most restaurants would anyway be reluctant to pay Filipino waiters the Bt 35,000 necessary to get them extensions of stay on an NON-Imm B visa, I rather suspect they are illegal and the restaurant owners are paying off the police to look the other way. Taking the 1979 Act literally waiters could only serve food but would not be able to take orders, as that would be selling, which would rather negate the point of having English speaking serving staff.

Dancers and musicians are not restricted in the law. Many foreign musicians work legally in Thailand but not as free lancers. They have to work at one venue which generally restricts them to working in hotels that have sufficient paid-up capital and Thai staff to get work permits for a whole foreign band that plays 6 nights a week. Short term work permits are available for musicians and dancers who come to Thailand for a concert or a ballet. Theoretically it should be possible to obtain work permits for dancers who are employed by a business to dance nightly in the same way as foreign musicians but I think in practice this would only be granted for some sort of foreign cultural show that was in town for a season or something like that. It would be very hard to convince the Labour Ministry that no Thai go-go dancers could be found to work in a clip joint.

'Miss Nigora Muminova showed Tourist Police a scan of a news item in a Thai Newspaper which related to the murder of a woman by her Uzbekistan boyfriend, Mr. Sobiyon Sobirov aged 23, in Bangkok, whereby he killed her and then placed her in a suitcase which was thrown into a river on 16th August.'

I get more and more confused reading this... so her boyfriend killed a different woman? thinking it was her? ... if they're in a happy relationship, has be been getting crap from the family for the last year for killing his GF? so now he can say 'see i didn't kill her' or at least 'i didn't kill Nigora'.... and what's become of him if he was jailed or something for killing her and she shows up a year later? great girlfriend by the way to wait a year if he is (sorry i missed the original story when all this first happened).... either way.. *scratches head* facepalm.gif

I get more and more confused reading this... so her boyfriend killed a different woman? thinking it was her? ... if they're in a happy relationship, has be been getting crap from the family for the last year for killing his GF? so now he can say 'see i didn't kill her' or at least 'i didn't kill Nigora'.... and what's become of him if he was jailed or something for killing her and she shows up a year later? great girlfriend by the way to wait a year if he is (sorry i missed the original story when all this first happened).... either way.. *scratches head* facepalm.gif

You're not the brightest star in the galaxy, are you. facepalm.gif

Post #32 explains it in quite easy-to-read terms.

You're not the brightest star in the galaxy, are you. facepalm.gif

Post #32 explains it in quite easy-to-read terms.

no need to be rude, i actually missed #32 and scrolled too quickly... yes it does explain it quite well thank you