how to type comfortably --emails ?

THAIPHUKET

First of all, I want to thank those who recommended the LG Nexus 4, my wife did buy one.

I love my HTC Desire with a 3, ...something display, don´t need more for reading Plus it fits into the pocket of my pants.

Only minus point is writing emails is awkward. Í looked at the Samsung Galaxy Mega, very big but very easy and fast typing with 2 thumbs, if that mobile is large the Sony Xperia is even bigger.

http://goo.gl/PVK51U

What do you use and get ...almost comfortable typing and yet portability ? Ideally, Orkeep a 3 inch mobile plus a 7 reader with email and wifi capability.

perhaps this is a possible answer http://www.androidpit.com/en/android/market/apps/app/com.beansoft.keyboardplus/Thumb-Keyboard-Phone-Tablet a thumb keyboard.

Anyone using this app? Using your thumbs only allows for so much more pinpoint accuracy compared to pinpointing with the many parts of wrist and finger.

Still, a 4+ inch smartphone seems to be in order, still pocket-able.

Another alternative is a bluetooth keyboard http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/best-bluetooth-keyboards/

Edited by THAIPHUKET

Wau, that is interesting, it confirm my own theory of "thumb-pinpointing accuracy" and speed.

I am using Swiftkey. It makes input errors less frustrating but I find the auto-completion feature highly distracting from the subject at hand.

I know how to spell accurately, I simply want my finger/thumbs to perform the perfect translation.

(Next, we will have an app telling the vocal cord of a singer to strike the right note. Not that my writing is that exquisit)

Question= how to stay informed about KALQ??

Edited by THAIPHUKET

Wau, that is interesting, it confirm my own theory of "thumb-pinpointing accuracy" and speed.

I am using Swiftkey. It makes input errors less frustrating but I find the auto-completion feature highly distracting from the subject at hand.

I know how to spell accurately, I simply want my finger/thumbs to perform the perfect translation.

(Next, we will have an app telling the vocal cord of a singer to strike the right note. Not that my writing is that exquisit)

Question= how to stay informed about KALQ??

I think there is an app in google store based on this, but please don't quote me wink.png

google " kalq app google store " brought up a few hits -- seems to be in beta only still.....

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mpi.hci.kalq&hl=en

Edited by jpinx

Will give it a try, although it is designed for tablets, therefore my 3.5 HTC is not a good fit I guess.

But should be perfect with NOOK HD 9in, that is the one which meet my needs. I don´t want to have 2 competing phones, cameras or almost full sized computers. My small HTC is perfect for that, the Nook will be for more srious emailing and internet access.

Will give it a try, although it is designed for tablets, therefore my 3.5 HTC is not a good fit I guess.

But should be perfect with NOOK HD 9in, that is the one which meet my needs. I don´t want to have 2 competing phones, cameras or almost full sized computers. My small HTC is perfect for that, the Nook will be for more srious emailing and internet access.

Good luck with it. thumbsup.gif

I hope you come back and tell us how you got on.....

What do you use and get ...almost comfortable typing and yet portability ?

What is this typing thing? wink.png What year is this? 1980?

Seriously, with Speech to Text one can "type" a lot faster. The stock Google Keyboard has a little microphone icon, click on it and start speaking...no need to type.

post-9615-0-77709000-1378121292_thumb.jp

post-9615-0-49461700-1378121302_thumb.jp

Edited by lomatopo

What do you use and get ...almost comfortable typing and yet portability ?

What is this typing thing? wink.png What year is this? 1980?

Seriously, with Speech to Text one can "type" a lot faster. The stock Google Keyboard has a little microphone icon, click on it and start speaking...no need to type.

You are right, I tried it on google searches and was amazed about the accuracy of returns and the disregard for my accent. I did not try it on any longer text,( may be actually better but much less sexy than my female secretaries , during my times they were always girls no men, fortunately)

My guess is, the editing is more cumbersome than editing on the (typing) go.

Well,I tried to dictate longer sentences. A short exchange with my wife about the benefits of speech recognition :

======================

The automat wrote =

Recognition is wonderful asset to sell it does what I say why don't you do the same and sound set and do you want to sleep with your mobile and touch football

I dictated =

Speech recognition is a wonderful thing , it does what I SAY .

why don't you do the same ? Sao said: do you want to sleep with your mobile , touch popo ?

=======================

I'm not sure what your problem is. Maybe it is an issue with your phone, or your Android version, or your voice? I typed this reply by speaking in less than one minute, and it required no editing. I suspect that you have some issues related to your phone?