British student, 19, mauled by 400lb tiger in Thailand at popular tourist attraction

webfact

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tourists are unaware of the risks. The Thai government takes no responsibility and you can see advertisements for the tiger parks at every tourist hotel and tour company. I don't blame the tourists and the fake monks get a free pass from the government.

• Like 1

it looks like the brains stay at home if tourists leave for vacation.....

A bit like the brains stay at home behaviour exhibited by personages living in Thailand who profess not to be tourists on vacation, but "residents" you mean ?

This may have not been the smartest move, but are you suggesting all accountability is on this girl ?

The tiger temple has a great deal of accoutability in this case... for encouraging the girl to do this, for a fee, I assume

Having been to the tiger temple, there is "hard selling" by people at the temple for tourists to get their photo's taken simply because they are making money out it, so they are going to tell somebody anything to get their hands on the cash...

these are wild animals and the temple should not even encourage this...

Did the Tiger Temple compensate her and her sister for the "Lost Holiday that they did not have after that event"?, having saved their funds for 6 months to come to The Land of Smiles, Thailand?

Win

Edited by Kan Win

I never said British tourists are stupid, but this one clearly was! These tigers are drugged, de-clawed and god-knows what else, to benefit these "monks".

Tourists need to read up on this and other tiger slave trade businesses before embarking on these tours. One reason I never go to Phuket Zoo. The tiger there is vewy vewy sweepy.

Erm, if the tiger was drugged etc it wouldn't have been able to maul the tourist-girl.

I never said British tourists are stupid, but this one clearly was! These tigers are drugged, de-clawed and god-knows what else, to benefit these "monks".

Tourists need to read up on this and other tiger slave trade businesses before embarking on these tours. One reason I never go to Phuket Zoo. The tiger there is vewy vewy sweepy.

"The Tiger Temple staff were very upset. They paid for all my treatment in hospital and visited every day. They explained the tiger was just being playful. However, I want to warn others going to Tiger Temple that the animals might not be as docile as they first appear"

Erm, if the tiger was drugged etc it wouldn't have been able to maul the tourist-girl.

Anaesthesia is a complicated procedure even for vets, and calculating the right amount of anaesthetic to render an animal docile without putting it under is an imprecise science.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

So can we assume that drugged humans can't attack other humans either?

• Like 1

Anaesthesia is a complicated procedure even for vets, and calculating the right amount of anaesthetic to render an animal docile without putting it under is an imprecise science.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

"Anaesthesia" - What on earth are you talking about?????

"The Tiger Temple staff were very upset. They paid for all my treatment in hospital and visited every day. They explained the tiger was just being playful. However, I want to warn others going to Tiger Temple that the animals might not be as docile as they first appear"

"Upset"??????? - the Temple staff were Sh******g themselves! They were desperately trying to ameliorate a potentially damaging situation.

She was saved when keepers at the Tiger Temple sanctuary in West Thailand...

why the post doesn't name the place????

to prevent tourists from not going there?

if it is in Thailand it must be tiger temple in kanchanaburi province. Around 40 km north of the town.

been there many times. Fiorst time around 10 years ago. Since then it has changed, but for the worse

Yes that's the one as there's only one. It's located on the main highway between Kanchanaburi and Sai Yok in the direction of the Three Pagodas Pass (Burmese border) some 30-40km west of Kanchanaburi and 20km or so east of Sai Yok, not north (north is the direction of Suphanburi).

"keepers at the Tiger Temple sanctuary in West Thailand jumped between her and the animal," - Apart from using the Thai name they are pretty clear as where it is - the paper has published previous articles critisicising safety there - so I guess they think that calling it the "Tiger Temple" is sufficient.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2407513/Student-19-mauled-400lb-tiger-Thailand-popular-tourist-attraction.html#ixzz2eINL4BUJ
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook