Sourcing for decommissioned Airplanes

I want to identify aircrafts in Thailand or elsewhere in Asia which are up for recycling. We would scrap it dismantle it on site, take over the logistic part and recycle the scrap material in Europe. The whole process is fully certified. If you know of medium or big sized planes standing in hangers or on airfield or are a person in charge for fleet management please contact me by pm.

Take a look at the Thai Airways fleet at Suvarnabhumi. Most are them are ready for the scrap yard.smile.png

I weould have to disagree. Although many are very old they are well maintained. If you want to find scrap in the area visit Philippine Airlines!

It's a serious post! Thank you for the hint with the Philippines even it is right this market we already work with and I would like to evaluate via this forum the opportunities for Thailand / Myanmar. So please if you have some serious ideas or connections sent me a pm and we take it from there.

There a thread on it on thaivisa local forum , look for it. The plane crashed two years ago i think, and was still at the end of the airport few months ago . But may be moved to south island if i remember. Hope it helps. You can ask help on the samui forum. Have a nice sunday too.

Several years ago, the Govt. bus route from Bangkok to Pattaya used to pass a scrapyard with several Vietnam era cargo aircraft hulks as well as a C-47 0r two. I believe it was on the outskirts of Sri Ratcha.

New highway connections have changed the route and I no longer see them.

There are also a few aircraft hulks in industrial yards along the left side of the Bangkok_Trad Highway, outbound....forget where though.

Hi, I have seen a number of aircrafts parked at the Don Muang Airport. they have been there for a while and I am pretty sure they are de commissioned. I don't know who you have to contact but it could be the AIrport Authoruty of Thailand. Worth a visit to Don Muang airport i would think.

Good Luck

I think the 747 at Phitsanolouk are from Orient Thai. There was some news of them not paying parking fees and have been some parts taken off them. I think another at a northern airport too.

Also heard of some spitfires buried in Burma somewhere........