Overstayed year and a half....no longer have departure slip.

I was just at the laos border to clear up my Overstay, but when I got to the window they asked for my departure slip....it's been so long I totally forgot the requirement of having it stapled to the passport and must have thrown it out a long time ago.

What now?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 troll post removed.

Losing your departure card is a regular occurence. If they can find the number of your old TM-card on the computer they will normally just let you fill in a new card. They might send you to the immigration office to replace the card.

Some immigration officers want you to file a police report about losing the card.

OP you say "I was just at the laos border to clear up my Overstay, but when I got to the window they asked for my departure slip ....it's been so long I totally forgot the requirement of having it stapled to the passport and must have thrown it out a long time ago."

Did they just let you walk away from the border post when you had such a long overstay?

At airport when checking in for flight they will give you one to fill out.

At border their are some available before immigration.

As said it happens all the time.

If dealing with immigration offices for extensions and etc. Some want a police report others don't.

I was at immigration recently and observed a person that didn't have a card in his passport when he handed it over and officer had a new one in her hand before he found his.

Edited by ubonjoe

You better be very polite and very upfront in wanting to pay your Thb. 20,000 fine as they could also put you in jail for overstaying and stamp you as undesirable. You are playing with fire.

Bullshit, there is NO blacklist for overstay!

Not even if it is years of overstay?

All these stories of someone getting caught and thrown in jail and marked as undesirable... You have more chance of getting all the numbers on the Thai lottery.

Then why are people spending time and money on repeated visa-runs? 
Because it is possible to get caught with an overstay and you could suffer serious consequences for it.

Especially if you lacked the funds to pay the fine and buy a ticket out of the country. This would be the case where you could be blacklisted.

All these stories of someone getting caught and thrown in jail and marked as undesirable... You have more chance of getting all the numbers on the Thai lottery.

Then why are people spending time and money on repeated visa-runs?

Because some have a job or run a business, and the runs are necessary to keep your visa.

Because it is possible to get caught with an overstay and you could suffer serious consequences for it.

Especially if you lacked the funds to pay the fine and buy a ticket out of the country. This would be the case where you could be blacklisted.

That would not get you blacklisted either.

That would not get you blacklisted either.

It certainly would if you were formally deported with the government paying for your trip home.

Fill out a new one and give it to them. There normally are some on counter before immigration.

Hope you have 20,000 baht to pay your fine.

Wrong....The maximum fine is 5.000 THB not matters time.

Sorry but it is you who is mistaken and as a result posting bad information.

• Like 2

I'm not talking about the overstay.

But for Phuket immigration:

Missing TM6 departure card,

If you do a 7 or 30 day extension the missing departure card is not a problem.

When doing a long stay extension a police report is required.

If you entered via Phuket Airport they will send you normally back to the airport for a new departure card.

In the other cases they will provide a new departure card at the immigration office.

Edited by merijn

You better be very polite and very upfront in wanting to pay your Thb. 20,000 fine as they could also put you in jail for overstaying and stamp you as undesirable. You are playing with fire.

Bullshit, there is NO blacklist for overstay!

Not even if it is years of overstay?

My buddy left the country after 8 years overstay and wasn't blacklisted, just paid 20,000 and 500 baht to the Immigration guy at the airport.

I lost my departure slip and they gave me a finny look then said it was ok.

Edited by Neeranam