Etans-images of them in Thailand

Ron19

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Guys and Girls.... wink.png

I am going to say this here, since some of you are in farming areas... but another good thread is FARM PHOTOS .... but it slowing down, with contributors lately..... being another "friendly forum" on Thai Visa, perhaps some of you are not aware of it and would perhaps like to contribute!!! thumbsup.gif

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/612480-farm-photos/page-212

Hey Guys and Girls.... wink.png

I am going to say this here, since some of you are in farming areas... but another good thread is FARM PHOTOS .... but it slowing down, with contributors lately..... being another "friendly forum" on Thai Visa, perhaps some of you are not aware of it and would perhaps like to contribute!!! thumbsup.gif

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/612480-farm-photos/page-212

Perhaps this inspired good ol' Shaggy to come back and help out! thumbsup.gif

What the hell is a Etan, confused?

An Etan is a small truck essentially used for working in rural areas of Thailand.They are called different names wherever you happen to be in Thailand.For instance, they are called are called Rot Thailand in my area They are mostly driven by a single cylinder diesel motor made by either Kubota or Yanmar and connected to the drive train by a two or three V belts.The body designs vary from place to place and there are some driven by Four Cylinder diesel motors.

Many of them start out like this but some places make them from the ground up.

_DSC7327.JPG

This one is typical of many in my area.

642x429x_DSC9096.jpg.pagespeed.ic.rShZn0

Edited by Ron19

Ron can you show us a pic of the v belts ?

I dont think I have one so will go out and grab a shot for you.May take a day or two so please bear with me till I find a good one that shows it clearly.

This is the only one I can find on file.This particular one is a 4wd (1st one I've seen) and shows the pully (in the middle towards the top) on the drivetrain

end in front the gearbox. I can see at least two belts coming down to it and another going off to the right as you look at the image.That one is most likely

going to drive an alternator for any that have a battery and electric starter.

_DSC7325.JPG

Edited by Ron19

Thanks, Ron I get a smile from your threads on the occassions I log in here.

Do these have an exhaust pipe ? Or just where does it come out ? Because I notice they are sitting right behind the motor.

This is the best I can find so far of the pully's and V belts. It shows the top pulley bolted to the flywheel (such as shown in Dal's post #1344)

and has 3 belts going down to the bottom pulley which is fixed to the drive train in front of the gearbox although this one looks like it may be

out of alignment.

_DSC9296.JPG

This one shows a 4th Vbelt coming across to drive an Alternator.

_DSC9300.JPG

As far as having an exhaust,from what I have seen most have one (usually open) but no doubt there are many that don't have one.