The Chinese......Another View.

theblether

snake24

"You left out india. India is still a shithole and was probably better off under britain"

Google is your friend. Well my friend anyway. India is the 10th largest economy in the world. Seems pretty dam_n

racist for you to refer to it as a " shit hole"..... Why are you dragging the moronic phrase of white " supermacy"

into the discussion ? My reference was to the rule of law, which clearly countries thrive under when it is just

and fair.. Ah it takes all kinds on TV.

So what if india is supposedly the 10 largest economy in the world when like what 80% of it's ppl living there live hellish lives.

It isn't moronic at all but a fact that whites have that sickening mentality that they are superior yet the majority didn't accomplish anything except for being born white. I am correct when threads like china or chinese come up you need to have ppl writing racist white supremacy stuff or something offensive at chinese and might i add white supremacy is still the underlying theme and very relevant even in the US. Travon martin comes to mind and even though the offender wasn't technically white well he is regarded as one.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This current CCP group of leaders know they are unpopular and the Internet community of the young will soon want an alternative voice

The question is the balance ...you can have trials, remove gift giving and even punish the higher ups but at the end of the day human nature is skeptical and most think its insincere or not enough so having a choice does not make people any happier

It's still the basics that counts in happiness .. family , love, education for the kids and a safe home (or many beer) and in this you have to at least give some credit to the CCP for uplifting the country out of poverty to its current state

To whomever it may concern:

Could we get Lawrence as our official China apologist?

Snake24 is an embarrassment to the forum with his semi-literate racist ranting.

SC

• Like 2

"And also, if one cares about this world after we are gone,

Then it is necessary for us to educate our children, and teach them well....."

OldChinaHam

....including the importance of environmental preservation even if it costs money?

• Like 1

Some of the stuff written by the Chinese on social media is hardly complimentary to China also.

Facebook, Twitter and YouTube don't work for anybody in Beijing unless you take active steps to get over the Great Wall.

Good Afternoon.

Good that you recognize that there are divisive views in China...not every one likes the government irrespective of the propaganda

again no different from an irate citizen in the midwest or anywhere else in the world venting their frustrations about an inept government

Again ...no different from the west ? Aussies go to the polls today not knowing if the next Abbot is a better pm than Rudd

But the good people of Australia get to choose. It's called Democracy.

Sorry. Good Evening.

They don't have coups in Australia?

Many consider the sacking of Whittlam..and especially the installation of the opposition leader Fraser as Prime Minister was in fact a coup however neither side wanted the country destroyedd by itself so did not act as they could have,

Fair points Lawrence. You have the benefit of a western education and a life experience outside of the confines of mainland China.

Many mainland Chinese people don't.

My experience of work and life in Beijing left me with a feeling of reluctance on their part to embrace western thinking and methods. To put it simply and without wishing to be prejudicial, an obstinacy to embrace different thinking.

I am unsure why there are times when the west think its important to think western

I am unconvinced it benefits the general public with little interaction with foreigners.

What's western thinking really ? liberal and civil rights, free press and an ability to vote and eating sausages, beans and cornflakes ? :-)

The Chinese who are well connected to the net knows that liberal rights seems important and yet the protests does not lead to better standards of living,

Free in Australia where one owners owns all the papers and openly supported the opposition and directed the press ? They chuckle at it and compare it to theirs and are no different

As for the ability to vote like the west, they see Iraq and Afghanistan which were "liberated" by the west yet remains unsafe for woman to shop at markets or play on streets and they think maybe the CCP is no that bad. Anyhow I cannot see the logistics of having 1.3 billion people voting without the west claiming there are spoiled votes, invalid ballot stuffing or the likes. I believe they just decide its not the way things will work for them

Chinese is an ancient language that is pathetically out of date, as is the Thai language and other languages of this region, but not only in this region of the world.

One can say many things about the Chinese language, to include that it has only one tense - the present - and remains based on pictures rather than words, which are symbols. This affects how people think. Does one think in pictures or does one process symbols, i.e. words? Does one make distinctions of the past, present, future, or is there only one dimension to life and to thought itself?

The Chinese form of government always has been dictatorship. Dictatorship was the common form of government before the European Enlightenment. The European Enlightenment led to the resurrection and extension of ancient Greek democracy which continues to the present and will extend beyond the present indefinitely into the future.

China however continues to worship dictatorship and its ancient attitudes and elitist beliefs. Dictatorship however is a dead end in the modern world, a reactionary form of government. The Chinese call themselves the middle country or place of the world, which implies that the rest of us are subordinate, or peripheral, to the Chinese. Why do the Chinese consider themselves as the central people of the world, the central place? What accounts for this trait, which can only be characterized as a clear sense of superiority, supremacy? Well, it's not because of any Enlightenment, which the Chinese haven't ever had. Their claim is based only on the fact they are THE CHINESE. This however is no basis of any such claim. It is a claim to world centrality based exclusively on ethnocentrism, perhaps even racism, each of which is an invalid claim.

China today continues to stand firm for hierarchy, dictatorship, censorship, elitism, inequality, a one party state and one dimensional thinking, absolute rule, no rule of law, punishment of protest or dissent, having only the subordinate-superordinate relationship, quashing free thinking or innovative approaches, and so much else along this line.

China offers nothing new, better or qualitatively different from the modern world and the ways in which the modern world separates us from the deep dark human past.

The world remains a crude enough place as it is. The Chinese would take us back in time rather than recognize the present state of human development. The Chinese offer humanity no prospect of any future, only more of the deep, dark, distant past.

Sometimes seeing the best in everyone needs a microscope but there are a few people who I would like to meet across a wide table. While i disagree with much of what theblether says here (or rather the way he interpets things) his posts on this are interesting and very valid. If circumstances had been different I would have loved to take up Lawrences past suggestion of a trip but that is not possible for me. OldChinaHand provides a measured academic side to this sort of topics which is rare here though more general posts are interesting too. More of these would make a more varied and interesting forum.

Three people I would love to share a meal and a few hours conversation.

Edited by harrry
  • Like 2

Fair points Lawrence. You have the benefit of a western education and a life experience outside of the confines of mainland China.

My experience of work and life in Beijing left me with a feeling of reluctance on their part to embrace western thinking and methods. To put it simply and without wishing to be prejudicial, an obstinacy to embrace different thinking.

I am unsure why there are times when the west think its important to think western

I am unconvinced it benefits the general public with little interaction with foreigners.

What's western thinking really ? liberal and civil rights, free press and an ability to vote and eating sausages, beans and cornflakes ? :-)

The Chinese who are well connected to the net knows that liberal rights seems important and yet the protests does not lead to better standards of living,

Free in Australia where one owners owns all the papers and openly supported the opposition and directed the press ? They chuckle at it and compare it to theirs and are no different

As for the ability to vote like the west, they see Iraq and Afghanistan which were "liberated" by the west yet remains unsafe for woman to shop at markets or play on streets and they think maybe the CCP is no that bad. Anyhow I cannot see the logistics of having 1.3 billion people voting without the west claiming there are spoiled votes, invalid ballot stuffing or the likes. I believe they just decide its not the way things will work for them

Chinese is an ancient language that is pathetically out of date, as is the Thai language and other languages of this region, but not only in this region of the world.

One can say many things about the Chinese language, to include that it has only one tense - the present - and remains based on pictures rather than words, which are symbols. This affects how people think. Does one think in pictures or does one process symbols, i.e. words? Does one make distinctions of the past, present, future, or is there only one dimension to life and to thought itself?

The Chinese form of government always has been dictatorship. Dictatorship was the common form of government before the European Enlightenment. The European Enlightenment led to the resurrection and extension of ancient Greek democracy which continues to the present and will extend beyond the present indefinitely into the future.

China however continues to worship dictatorship and its ancient attitudes and elitist beliefs. Dictatorship however is a dead end in the modern world, a reactionary form of government. The Chinese call themselves the middle country or place of the world, which implies that the rest of us are subordinate, or peripheral, to the Chinese. Why do the Chinese consider themselves as the central people of the world, the central place? What accounts for this trait, which can only be characterized as a clear sense of superiority, supremacy? Well, it's not because of any Enlightenment, which the Chinese haven't ever had. Their claim is based only on the fact they are THE CHINESE. This however is no basis of any such claim. It is a claim to world centrality based exclusively on ethnocentrism, perhaps even racism, each of which is an invalid claim.

China today continues to stand firm for hierarchy, dictatorship, censorship, elitism, inequality, a one party state and one dimensional thinking, absolute rule, no rule of law, punishment of protest or dissent, having only the subordinate-superordinate relationship, quashing free thinking or innovative approaches, and so much else along this line.

China offers nothing new, better or qualitatively different from the modern world and the ways in which the modern world separates us from the deep dark human past.

The world remains a crude enough place as it is. The Chinese would take us back in time rather than recognize the present state of human development. The Chinese offer humanity no prospect of any future, only more of the deep, dark, distant past.

You're just trying to work Snake24 into an apoplectic fit, aren't you?

Ignorant prejudice rarely looks good, no matter how articulately presented.

SC

• Like 1

Sometimes seeing the best in everyone needs a microscope but there are a few people who I would like to meet across a wide table. While i disagree with much of what theblether says here (or rather the way he interpets things) his posts on this are interesting and very valid. If circumstances had been different I would have loved to take up Lawrences past suggestion of a trip but that is not possible for me. OldChinaHand provides a measured academic side to this sort of topics which is rare here though more general posts are interesting too. More of these would make a more varied and interesting forum.

How about me ?? Too bombastic ?? smile.png

• Like 1

SC

I know my experience with the PRChinese.

• Like 1

There are only two people in this topic I definitly would like not be there. Even GK though I disagree with him on many issues would be welcome as whether by good research skills or knowledge often brings valuable information. As long as the table is wide enough for a bit of arm waving it has a pretty good bunch here. With most we could have a strong heated discussion but leave friends.

Edited by harrry

This current CCP group of leaders know they are unpopular and the Internet community of the young will soon want an alternative voice

The question is the balance ...you can have trials, remove gift giving and even punish the higher ups but at the end of the day human nature is skeptical and most think its insincere or not enough so having a choice does not make people any happier

It's still the basics that counts in happiness .. family , love, education for the kids and a safe home (or many beer) and in this you have to at least give some credit to the CCP for uplifting the country out of poverty to its current state

SC

No use trying to curry favor and the next post is 100x more racist than anything i have ever written.

There are only two people in this topic I definitly would like not be there. Even GK though I disagree with him on many issues would be welcome as whether by good research skills or knowledge often brings valuable information. As long as the table is wide enough for a bit of arm waving it has a pretty good bunch here. With most we could have a strong heated discussion but leave friends.

Sounds like you have declared yourself Mein Host harrry.

SC

Sometimes a bit of understanding helps us through difficult and frustrating experiences

The thread has been very interesting to read, and many of the contributions have been insightful and revealing. Unfortunately a couple of members have posted in regards to racism and to be brutal about it, they have humiliated themselves.

The entire cause of the downfall of China from it's preeminent and dominant World position was Nationalism and Racism.

King George III sent an emissary to the Imperial Court to request that China consider trading with the West. What happened next is one of the most appalling misjudgments in human history.

The Emissary requested an audience. For two whole years negotiations took place as to the court protocol. It began with a demand that the Emissary should prostrate himself in front of the Emperor and crawl towards him. There was no way a Royal Emissary of the British Court was going to do that.

Arguments went back and forth as the Chinese were intent on ramming their superiority down the throats of any visiting diplomats. They regarded these individuals with contempt, convinced that the Middle Kingdom was the centre of Planet Earth and that every other country in the World should bow obediently to their gracious power.

They enforced this policy throughout Asia, Japan, Korea and other nations would bow to the Chinese Emperor, and be regarded as inferior childling nations by the Chinese. Another example of Institutionalized Nationalist Racism.

Anyway, the issue was trade, vast quantities of Chinese goods were flowing to the West, the simple question was, how about buying some stuff from us?

After two years an agreement was reached, a painting of King George III was placed behind the Emperor, hidden behind a silk screen. The Emissary approached and bowed deeply. Those watching ( that didn't know about the painting ) were of the opinion that the King of Britain was kowtowing to the Emperor, as an Emissary represents the Regent. This farce suited the Face issue that the Chinese Emperor was trying to present. It was essential for him to portray himself as the leader of men, the Most Powerful, Most Blessed Regent in the World.

The Emissary wasn't bowing deeply to the Emperor at all, he was bowing deeply to the hidden portrait. After listening to the request made on friendly terms for China to consider trading with the West, and the UK in particular, the Emperor dismissed the Emissary with a contemptuous " We are the Middle Kingdom, you have nothing that we want or need ".

Yup, that's what he said to the UK Emissary right on the cusp of the Industrial Revolution. When word got back to the British Royal Court they were enraged. Instead of a situation where silk, tea and porcelain would cross the oceans one way, while wool and industrial technology would flow the other between friendly trading nations. Chinese Nationalism and Racism caused a split.

It was essential that the West force open trade with China, China was sucking in all of the capital in the form of silver. It was effectively bleeding the West dry.

You can date the downfall of China from the moment that Emperor opened his mouth. He sealed the fate of his nation that day. If China had traded, they would have built themselves up to being the preeminent manufacturing power in the World in the early 1800's. Could you picture the Chinese getting their hands on rail and steam technology back in the day? No one would have come close to overcoming their trading power.

What really happened was that the Brits rolled out their arms manufacturing, steam ships, incredible naval resources et al. They forced open the market and the rest of the Western countries rejoiced. I'm delighted to say it was two Scotsmen, Jardine and Mathieson who were at the forefront of this trading conquest.

Yes they rammed Opium down the throats of the Chinese, however people choose to ignore the fact that it was willing throats. They wanted it. The Emperors of the day were enraged when they realized that they had fallen off their lofty perch. Little Britain could roll in at any time it wanted and boot them all over the place. The Chinese went from Omnipotent to Impotent in one wayward sentence from the Imperial Mouth.

This is the true nature of the Rage In China. They were humiliated, but to make it even worse, it was a self inflicted wound, caused by their Racist Nationalist agenda.

After the Americans sailed into Isolationist Japan and shelled them, bullied them, into submission, the Japanese grabbed hold of the technological expertise provided partly by the US and exploded into being a militarized and industrial force. It was the ultimate humiliation for China when Japan, who they regarded as being inferior monkeys, came a calling. What you saw at Nanking, disgusting as it was, was pay back for centuries of Imperial domination by China.

Payback is a bitch huh?

The Chinese and Chinese apologists date all the faults and humiliations from the first Opium War. The Chinese Communist government cannot tell the truth, and the truth is that it was China's own fault that they didn't grasp the hand of friendship when offered. They can't tell the truth that all the humiliations came as a result of their superiority complex, their nationalist, racist agenda.

They still stoke the Nationalist, Racist fire. Members here have stated that they have seen the degree of vilification directed towards the Japanese. I stand by my additional contention that there is institutional hatred of the West in the system too.

My OP addressed the issue of racism in China right away. I explained that was behind a lot of the dynamic that you see with the Chinese here in Thailand. They are disdainful of the Thais, they don't hate them, they just regard them as inferior.

Talk of White Supremacy is dribbling garbage. It's intellectually vacuous to argue that point. The real danger is the return of a centuries old Racial Supremacy mindset in China. The Chinese Communist party has been fertilizing that crop for decades, you better hope that we don't one day reap what they have sowed.

Absolute garbage and what makes you think china would have benefitted if they had agreed to trade? Since when did the west especially in those times ever agree to fair terms? No if china had agreed to trade they would be at the losing end. I was correct that when it comes to talks on china discussions there will be racist comments made about chinese and how inferior china or the chinese are. Why even concern yourselves with how chinese view the thais when almost everyone else does the same with regards to other races/nationalities? There is nothing wrong talking about white supermacy. Now imagine if there was a chinese forum called say chinafront in which you had to be a chinese to even post in there and all day long they were boasting on how superior they were you would have called that the dumbest forum in the world and how deluded those dumb chinese are but there isn't such a forum but there is a white supremacist forum that promotes that thought and you are totally cool with it. Mind explaining this to me?

Anyway it's all good now cos we have all sorts of ppl in the third world living in western and european countries now. The colonies that the west made out of these countries are suffering retribution now. It's good that we get to see mosques and temples etc being built over there. Yes these ppl deserve a better life. Would you agree with my point here?

SC

semi? huh.png

I try to see the best in everyone

I can easily write better than you and in other languages too how many chinese words can you write? You're illiterate by any measure.

I know my experience with westerners.

Makes racist remarks and thinks they are ok, has supremacist ideas and thinks it's ok but in the same vein calls others racist and racial supremacists and chides them and flames and condemns for it but thinks it's fine if he has the same exact mindset.

The thread has been very interesting to read, and many of the contributions have been insightful and revealing. Unfortunately a couple of members have posted in regards to racism and to be brutal about it, they have humiliated themselves.

The entire cause of the downfall of China from it's preeminent and dominant World position was Nationalism and Racism.

King George III sent an emissary to the Imperial Court to request that China consider trading with the West. What happened next is one of the most appalling misjudgments in human history.

The Emissary requested an audience. For two whole years negotiations took place as to the court protocol. It began with a demand that the Emissary should prostrate himself in front of the Emperor and crawl towards him. There was no way a Royal Emissary of the British Court was going to do that.

Arguments went back and forth as the Chinese were intent on ramming their superiority down the throats of any visiting diplomats. They regarded these individuals with contempt, convinced that the Middle Kingdom was the centre of Planet Earth and that every other country in the World should bow obediently to their gracious power.

They enforced this policy throughout Asia, Japan, Korea and other nations would bow to the Chinese Emperor, and be regarded as inferior childling nations by the Chinese. Another example of Institutionalized Nationalist Racism.

Anyway, the issue was trade, vast quantities of Chinese goods were flowing to the West, the simple question was, how about buying some stuff from us?

After two years an agreement was reached, a painting of King George III was placed behind the Emperor, hidden behind a silk screen. The Emissary approached and bowed deeply. Those watching ( that didn't know about the painting ) were of the opinion that the King of Britain was kowtowing to the Emperor, as an Emissary represents the Regent. This farce suited the Face issue that the Chinese Emperor was trying to present. It was essential for him to portray himself as the leader of men, the Most Powerful, Most Blessed Regent in the World.

The Emissary wasn't bowing deeply to the Emperor at all, he was bowing deeply to the hidden portrait. After listening to the request made on friendly terms for China to consider trading with the West, and the UK in particular, the Emperor dismissed the Emissary with a contemptuous " We are the Middle Kingdom, you have nothing that we want or need ".

Yup, that's what he said to the UK Emissary right on the cusp of the Industrial Revolution. When word got back to the British Royal Court they were enraged. Instead of a situation where silk, tea and porcelain would cross the oceans one way, while wool and industrial technology would flow the other between friendly trading nations. Chinese Nationalism and Racism caused a split.

It was essential that the West force open trade with China, China was sucking in all of the capital in the form of silver. It was effectively bleeding the West dry.

You can date the downfall of China from the moment that Emperor opened his mouth. He sealed the fate of his nation that day. If China had traded, they would have built themselves up to being the preeminent manufacturing power in the World in the early 1800's. Could you picture the Chinese getting their hands on rail and steam technology back in the day? No one would have come close to overcoming their trading power.

What really happened was that the Brits rolled out their arms manufacturing, steam ships, incredible naval resources et al. They forced open the market and the rest of the Western countries rejoiced. I'm delighted to say it was two Scotsmen, Jardine and Mathieson who were at the forefront of this trading conquest.

Yes they rammed Opium down the throats of the Chinese, however people choose to ignore the fact that it was willing throats. They wanted it. The Emperors of the day were enraged when they realized that they had fallen off their lofty perch. Little Britain could roll in at any time it wanted and boot them all over the place. The Chinese went from Omnipotent to Impotent in one wayward sentence from the Imperial Mouth.

This is the true nature of the Rage In China. They were humiliated, but to make it even worse, it was a self inflicted wound, caused by their Racist Nationalist agenda.

After the Americans sailed into Isolationist Japan and shelled them, bullied them, into submission, the Japanese grabbed hold of the technological expertise provided partly by the US and exploded into being a militarized and industrial force. It was the ultimate humiliation for China when Japan, who they regarded as being inferior monkeys, came a calling. What you saw at Nanking, disgusting as it was, was pay back for centuries of Imperial domination by China.

Payback is a bitch huh?

The Chinese and Chinese apologists date all the faults and humiliations from the first Opium War. The Chinese Communist government cannot tell the truth, and the truth is that it was China's own fault that they didn't grasp the hand of friendship when offered. They can't tell the truth that all the humiliations came as a result of their superiority complex, their nationalist, racist agenda.

They still stoke the Nationalist, Racist fire. Members here have stated that they have seen the degree of vilification directed towards the Japanese. I stand by my additional contention that there is institutional hatred of the West in the system too.

My OP addressed the issue of racism in China right away. I explained that was behind a lot of the dynamic that you see with the Chinese here in Thailand. They are disdainful of the Thais, they don't hate them, they just regard them as inferior.

Talk of White Supremacy is dribbling garbage. It's intellectually vacuous to argue that point. The real danger is the return of a centuries old Racial Supremacy mindset in China. The Chinese Communist party has been fertilizing that crop for decades, you better hope that we don't one day reap what they have sowed.

Absolute garbage and what makes you think china would have benefitted if they had agreed to trade? Since when did the west especially in those times ever agree to fair terms? No if china had agreed to trade they would be at the losing end. I was correct that when it comes to talks on china discussions there will be racist comments made about chinese and how inferior china or the chinese are. Why even concern yourselves with how chinese view the thais when almost everyone else does the same with regards to other races/nationalities? There is nothing wrong talking about white supermacy. Now imagine if there was a chinese forum called say chinafront in which you had to be a chinese to even post in there and all day long they were boasting on how superior they were you would have called that the dumbest forum in the world and how deluded those dumb chinese are but there isn't such a forum but there is a white supremacist forum that promotes that thought and you are totally cool with it. Mind explaining this to me?

Anyway it's all good now cos we have all sorts of ppl in the third world living in western and european countries now. The colonies that the west made out of these countries are suffering retribution now. It's good that we get to see mosques and temples etc being built over there. Yes these ppl deserve a better life. Would you agree with my point here?

It's called free speech in the marketplace of ideas.

SC

semi? huh.png

I try to see the best in everyone

I can easily write better than you and in other languages too how many chinese words can you write? You're illiterate by any measure.

This posts indicates why you are one of ones not on the list. You seem to want to deride people without necescarily knowing the facts. Everyone on my list discusses the topic. You seem to use the topic to attack. How did you guess you were not on the list.

Edited by harrry

Payback is a bitch huh?

It's called free speech in the marketplace of ideas.

so it's perfectly fine to have an east asian supremacist forum right?

SC

Sometimes a bit of understanding helps us through difficult and frustrating experiences

Important not to miss the wood for the trees.

Always a danger of disappearing up your own backside when you lose focus.

• Like 1

This posts indicates why you are one of ones not on the list. You seem to want to deride people without necescarily knowing the facts. Everyone on my list discusses the topic. You seem to use the topic to attack. How did you guess you were not on the list.

not on what list? i was pointing out my obervations and i was correct.

Payback is a bitch huh?

No.

What makes you say the language is out of date? Mind you chinese isn't the only language that has over 5000 years of history what about non tonal languages say tamil? What is your opinion?

Have you heard of a country or a place called taiwan? Also hong kong is majority chinese too.

Chinese are called racist because they named their country the middle kingdom? Well check the map and you can see that china is right in the middle so they are correct. Also i wonder what do you think of enslaving others and seperating them and creating hierachy based system just purely on race in places like south africa is that racist?

Look at you commenting on Chinese offering humanity no prospect of the future? So pray tell who does? The finnish? germans? british? americans? norwegians? Thai? Japanese? It would be a great big joke if someone wrote such a sentence in this manner. The Thai offer humanity no prospect of any future, only more of the deep, dark, distant past. How is that fiat currency and banking system from the west coming along for you? Oh yes that really offers humanity a prospect of a future indeed. How was the promotion of this guy dying on a cross been doing? Really helped the world eh?