African arrested on bank hacking charges

webfact

It always amazes me how the mere mention of Africans starts to bring out the negative views and opinions.

I'm sure most of the Africans that come to Thailand are decent and honest people, I see a lot who come here as buyers.

Westerners often misunderstand Africans, however the ones I have met (and I have met a lot) have always been great guys, very friendly, usually very polite and in my experience usually honest.

• Like 1

It always amazes me how the mere mention of Africans starts to bring out the negative views and opinions.

I'm sure most of the Africans that come to Thailand are decent and honest people, I see a lot who come here as buyers.

Westerners often misunderstand Africans, however the ones I have met (and I have met a lot) have always been great guys, very friendly, usually very polite and in my experience usually honest.

Well, you can't educate all of them, could we?

So, tominbkk, just because you see a few black people around the area, they firstly must be from Africa and then because they must be from Africa, they must be up to something bad? Why is it that, when you see a few white people together walking around or sitting together talking in foodland or similar places, your mind doesn't instantly go in the same direction I.e these white people must be from Europe and up to something bad? All blacks are not Africans, just the same as all whites are not from Europe. I am a white man but from Africa, I have black friends who are from England and the US and yes, we all live around ram intra too. Some People's bigotry and paranoia is out of control these days. What are you doing on Ram intra and how are you managing to stay here?

Because the majority of Black people who are in Thailand commit crime, have a walk down lower Suk one night and open your eyes to what is going on down there

It's not racist to say it because it's the truth

if you banned all the gents from africa i doubt it would leave a dent in the annual income form tourism

I once visited some friends and self confessed chronic sex tourists in Phuket, at the time there were

7,000 American navy personnel there off an aircraft carrier.

They said they had not noticed any difference in the supply of girls.

That made me wonder on the one hand how Thailand could produce this loaves and fishes miracle,

and then as to what American sailors were actually interested in.

Bangkok jails have plenty of African reidents. Despite being a minority in the percentage of tourist arrivals they are large percentage of the foreign prison population.. Unfaily framed or discriminated against.. I doubt it.. There's no smoke without fire. No matter what the apologists say many black visitors from Africa

Have unterior motives for being here. There is a reason to be suspicious.... But then I'm pretty suspicious of anyone I don't know regardless of ethnicity.

Bangkok jails have plenty of African reidents. Despite being a minority in the percentage of tourist arrivals they are large percentage of the foreign prison population.. Unfaily framed or discriminated against.. I doubt it.. There's no smoke without fire. No matter what the apologists say many black visitors from Africa

Have unterior motives for being here. There is a reason to be suspicious.... But then I'm pretty suspicious of anyone I don't know regardless of ethnicity.

What about you? What is your reason to being here? I do have African business friends that travel around the world doing business and real business. Don't judge anyone without judging yourself. Smoke created from fire but fire created from who?? You are not African that doesn't mean that you are a good guy.

So, tominbkk, just because you see a few black people around the area, they firstly must be from Africa and then because they must be from Africa, they must be up to something bad? Why is it that, when you see a few white people together walking around or sitting together talking in foodland or similar places, your mind doesn't instantly go in the same direction I.e these white people must be from Europe and up to something bad? All blacks are not Africans, just the same as all whites are not from Europe. I am a white man but from Africa, I have black friends who are from England and the US and yes, we all live around ram intra too. Some People's bigotry and paranoia is out of control these days. What are you doing on Ram intra and how are you managing to stay here?

Because the majority of Black people who are in Thailand commit crime, have a walk down lower Suk one night and open your eyes to what is going on down there

What about those white guys who commit crimes, are they not criminals? Check out jails in Thailand and find out how many white guys are behind bar. Is this not called racist but truth??coffee1.gif

I am not surprised by the replies here. I am an African and am proud of that. I have been here for ten years working legally and it is funny to see people talking nonsense here. the police did a good job and I hope they find they catch other people doing bad things in Thailand. in every country, we have good and bad people.. so think about that and stop talking nonsense. thai people do beat or even kill foreigners all the time and that doesn't make all thai people bad.

• Like 1

are there any genuine African tourists in LOS or are they all up to some nefarious activity somewhere in town ?

i never seen any in a deckchair on the beach sunbathing or in a bar spending money on drinks .

Probably a stupid question I know, but why would they be on a beach sunbathing?

to top up their suntan ??

enjoying a bottle of Leo

having a smoke

reading the paper

caressing a thai gal

you my friend are a recist <deleted>, <deleted>, do <deleted> a duck,

you racist

What about those white guys who commit crimes, are they not criminals? Check out jails in Thailand and find out how many white guys are behind bar. Is this not called racist but truth??coffee1.gif

Of course white guys commit crime here, I am not saying they don't but I don't see white guys infesting lower Suk pushing drugs to passers by and scaring the locals like I do the Black guys

We read on TV every week about Africans being arrested at the Airport for trying to smuggle in drugs, can you honestly tell me that last time we read about a white guy for doing the same?

It is not racist to say that Black people are causing problems here and it has not gone unnoticed by Immigration as they are now refusing visas for some Black people for petty reasons, they have been told to do this from the very top of the Immigration chain

Edited by darrendsd

Because 98% of all pimp bars in tourist cities are owned by white men and prostitutes in them are patronized by white men in Thailand.

Because all the foreign pedophiles caught in Thailand and Cambodia are white males, all old white males must be marginalized?

Because all the homeless foreigners in Thailand are white folks, stopping every pauper from the west from entering the kingdom should be enforced?

• Like 1

I'm really surprised by the amount of racism here on this forum.

I would have thought that considering that we are (mostly) all visitors in Thailand, that we would be a bit more enlightened, but sadly it seems we are not.

Some people see a few black guys hanging around and just assume that they must be up to no good, but consider this.. even if the black guys on Sukhumvit are involved in crime it's hardly representative of a whole race is it?

There are lots of reasons why there are a high percentage of black Africans in jail, it's because a lot of desperately poor people get used as drug couriers and then end up getting caught. Most white people in the world know little or nothing of desperate poverty and so are not qualified to judge those who are.

Anyway, it's now a proven fact that we are all related and that every person in the world is descended from black Africans.

Not to forget also that, yes, there are a lot of Africans in prisons here in Thailand but this is not all crime related, it is often just a case of overstaying their visa or other minor things that would be easily solved with the help and/or assistance of an embassy. Unfortunately, many African nations, especially from West African nations don't have the benefit of having a consulate or embassy here in Thailand to contact which leads to many more problems and people taking advantage of this fact, especially if we don't know the "right" people.

Because all the foreign pedophiles caught in Thailand and Cambodia are white males, all old white males must be marginalized?

Because all the homeless foreigners in Thailand are white folks, stopping every pauper from the west from entering the kingdom should be enforced?

I have seen a black pedophile and a black homeless person in Thailand. Please stop generalizing.

if you banned all the gents from africa i doubt it would leave a dent in the annual income form tourism

I once visited some friends and self confessed chronic sex tourists in Phuket, at the time there were

7,000 American navy personnel there off an aircraft carrier.

They said they had not noticed any difference in the supply of girls.

That made me wonder on the one hand how Thailand could produce this loaves and fishes miracle,

and then as to what American sailors were actually interested in.

yank sailors AFAIK are warned against banging the BGs and warned about catching STDs and HIV .

they get fined for altercations

sailors go ashore in staggered groups not all at once ..and they spread out to different places

general observations about africans that you see around town is that theyre NOT spending like other tourists ,in fact quite the opposite .

you see them in McDs using it as an office and not buying any food at all.

its not racist to air your observations about africans .

the majority are only in LOS to indulge in crime against other tourists .

IMO

Edited by giggles

I'm really surprised by the amount of racism here on this forum.

I would have thought that considering that we are (mostly) all visitors in Thailand, that we would be a bit more enlightened, but sadly it seems we are not.

Some people see a few black guys hanging around and just assume that they must be up to no good, but consider this.. even if the black guys on Sukhumvit are involved in crime it's hardly representative of a whole race is it?

There are lots of reasons why there are a high percentage of black Africans in jail, it's because a lot of desperately poor people get used as drug couriers and then end up getting caught. Most white people in the world know little or nothing of desperate poverty and so are not qualified to judge those who are.

Anyway, it's now a proven fact that we are all related and that every person in the world is descended from black Africans.

Telling the truth is not racism

Unfortunately the apologists of this world will never agree with that

I am not surprised by the replies here. I am an African and am proud of that. I have been here for ten years working legally and it is funny to see people talking nonsense here. the police did a good job and I hope they find they catch other people doing bad things in Thailand. in every country, we have good and bad people.. so think about that and stop talking nonsense. thai people do beat or even kill foreigners all the time and that doesn't make all thai people bad.

I work with two Africans in my organization. Both great upstanding workers and contributors.