Washed my Passport

The good thing is you washed it, so din't actually lost it. That is always a lot less concern.

You might still need a police report, check with the embassy first. Best to get one as immigration will probably ask for one anyway.

Hope you have a copy of the passport, as traveling with an unreadable pasport if you are not staying in Bangkok is going to be a bit problematic.

everything is readable but the pic is a bit faded, and yes i have copies also thankfully.

just reading up on website ,sounds like a load <deleted> to get replacement.

looks like i need birth Cert , someone knowing me for 12 months with Oz passport etc etc

bit hard when living here smile.png

Edited by Bazt

Years ago a got a knock at the door... A fearful maid hesitated as she held up a wet and warped passport (British).

I called the British Embassy for advice.... The reply "oh, why is it always boys that do this!"

So I guess it's not uncommon. The advice I received was that as long as the photo page is recognizable you should be able to get a replacement. I'm guessing the same for an Aus passport.

Call your Embassy to find out.

Thanks , i have to go vote for Oz elections so will head in today.

Just wanted to see if someone had some experience with our Embassy

I have renewed my OZ passport 2 times in Thailand, and need to do it again soon. It's very painless.

Some years back you needed to do a quick visit to the embassy on Sathorn Road. The staff always very friendly and helpful.

Now, if you've renewed before in Thailand, It's all on-line.

Go see them, they don't bite. Call beforehand and find out what documents you really need. They are fussy about the photos,

must be right size, appropriate quality, and the correct background colour.

OZ passports are not manufactured in Thailand, the embassy staff will say '7 working days' for delivery but my experience

every time has been that they arrive much more quickly.

They can pretty quickly give you a replacement travel document if you need to get back to OZ very urgently because of dying

family member or similar, but they would need serious proof of the situation.

Voting:

- Have you ever considered temporarily taking your self off the voter list?

- You can for some OZ elections actually vote at the embassy on Sathorn Road.

Get to your Embassy as quickly as possible. I'll COST you but shouldn't be too difficult to replace.

Hey, I've heard of "Money Laundering" but this is the first "Passport Laundering." (Sorry about that, it was just too good an opportunity for the line.)

everything is readable but the pic is a bit faded, and yes i have copies also thankfully.

just reading up on website ,sounds like a load <deleted> to get replacement.

looks like i need birth Cert , someone knowing me for 12 months with Oz passport etc etc

bit hard when living here smile.png

I had the same problem when renewing my NZ passport. Did not know anyone who had a NZ passport for reference who was not a relative as I have been out of the country for over 40 years. Went to the embassy, filled in a stat dec and the lady gave me a paper verifying that I was who I said I was.

Probably the AUS embassy would do the same (however the NZ embassy is much smaller in BKK & a lot more friendly than the AUS one. I know because I have dual passports & need to deal with each occassionally.

Yep, been there, done that. Wasn't too difficult to get a new one in Bangkok. Then just carried both until I got home so it was easy to answer the inevitable immigration questions (especially at singers on the way through). Fortunately the entry/exit card was still legible, and I didn't really have any trouble. As far as I recall, I just had to submit a form with the old passport at the Embassy, and they cancelled it when I was issued a new one - took about a week if I recall.

I had to get an emergency passport issued after a sonkran accident 2 days before flying out of BKK.

The procedure at the Aus embassy was painless and quick, fill in the forms, provide the photo, pay the fee and pick it up the next day. The hard bit was then going to the Thai immigration bureau to have an entry stamp transferred to it. Took about 3 hours sitting in a typical hot stuffy Thai government office waiting room passing from window to window... never thought of offering the girl at the front counter a little extra to 'fast track' it for me!.

Get to your Embassy as quickly as possible. I'll COST you but shouldn't be too difficult to replace.

Hey, I've heard of "Money Laundering" but this is the first "Passport Laundering." (Sorry about that, it was just too good an opportunity for the line.)

I thought about that, too.
What an idea! but with what? I would hope that he had put the fabric softener.

I did once, in beer.

Tipped a can over my visa page and the ink smudged towards unclarity.

I was concerned for weeks and duly taken aside on departure.

The official impressed me. Took one look and asked if I had the receipt, which I had (from Hull)and I was through.

Keep everything, just in csse.

• Like 1

A few years ago I was with a lady who decided that she would solve my impending departure by throwing my passport in water at her Lat Prao apartment while I slept.

I took the wet passport (yeas, soaked) through to the NZ embassy. Fortunately they made a note on the system that my document had been damaged and they allowed me to travel home on it, with the conditionality that it be replaced on return to New Zealand. I must state that the front cover had begun coming apart from the photo at the front, they were very kind and lenient with me.

I would check with my embassy before going to the Police - it may not be necessary.

Edited by TheGhostWithin

been there done that :-)

for my us passport

all my stamps were washed out ( the red stamps) entry/exit but it was still useable for new visas although the us embassy would not place more pages in it.

The fornt page was fine,

Go to thai immigration and also ur embassy

I accidentally washed my gf's Cambodian passport and we were in KL get her a new thai visa and they refused. She had to fly back to Cambodia (Cambodia is the only country i know here u need retrun to to too get anew passport)

I have just returned to the UK 48 hours ago, I had the same problem with a washed passport, got through immmigration at BKK and was informed I would need another passport by an almost helpful police officer, there problem was the landing form was almost totally gone and the last stamp was not readable, on arrival in London customs informed me that the passport could be read and therefore did not have to change it. Will let you know what happens BKK when I return in a month's time.

I have just returned to the UK 48 hours ago, I had the same problem with a washed passport, got through immmigration at BKK and was informed I would need another passport by an almost helpful police officer, there problem was the landing form was almost totally gone and the last stamp was not readable, on arrival in London customs informed me that the passport could be read and therefore did not have to change it. Will let you know what happens BKK when I return in a month's time.

Refusual will be op to the officer. If he judges it damaged he can refuse you entry end send you back to the UK. That can happen anytime you use the passport to cross a border.

Best to get a new passport, as Thai immigration already suggested you do.