farang beaten up in patpong i think

snake24

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Usually the second one or more foreigner gets involved the thai guys will immediately back off. As its only 5-6 thai guys against 2-3 foreigners.

If there were 4 or so foreigners it would take at least 20+ thai guys for them to even consider attacking. Something I have never seen.

These incidents only ever occur when there is a lone foreigner or they have deadly weapons along with numbers......

Great - now we've got the Board Statistician on the case !   ;)

Take a night off, pops - you've earnt it. 

<deleted> is a 'board statistician'? :blink:

Pops.. lol.. If you've been living here as long as your vast amount of knowledge leads you to believe you have, I'd guess I'll be a bit younger than you gramps...

I've looked at this several times including freeze framing. The guy with the gold and black t-shirt does not look Thai to me. You can't see a good shot of his face but look at his profile features. He, his friend in the white shirt, and the guy who pulls him off all look similar nationality - but not Thai.

Have a look - maybe I'm wrong, the eyes are getting old now!

I've looked at this several times including freeze framing. The guy with the gold and black t-shirt does not look Thai to me. You can't see a good shot of his face but look at his profile features. He, his friend in the white shirt, and the guy who pulls him off all look similar nationality - but not Thai.

I think it's your eyes. He looks Issan to me if I had to be precise but a number of them look Thai, including the guy in the white shirt that is hitting that gets pulled away by the Thai girl. One of the Thai guys doing the beating pops back into a stall with a shifty looking step at 16 seconds in after getting a few digs in and never reappears - looks like he works there to me. The rest of the people doing the beating go off at 2 or 3 different times with distinct groups of people taking them away - I'm not convinced that they were all together before the altercation since they are long gone when others remain.

The other Middle Eastern / South European looking guy in a white shirt that the one in the black and gold shirt is next to at the end was not involved in the fighting in the video, he looks like a passer-by stopping black-and-gold shirt guy from going back again.

Extra respect for the Middle Eastern guy in the dark shirt though - having watched it more closely, he was straight in there and pulling people away all through the video.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

There is nothing really unique about this incident.

This happens frequently in the UK during the animal chucking out times of many local pubs.

Although it happens, people don`t generally get picked on for nothing, unless they are extremely unlucky.

I have always tried to avoid places that appear or have a reputation for being rough, and always behave, never get drunk where I lose it completely and simply sit down by myself or with friends and mind my own business and even if there is a hint of trouble brewing, I get myself out of there pronto.

It`s all a case of using common sense and avoiding trouble, not inviting it.

Sometimes it take more guts to walk away from an argument than confronting it head on. Life is too short for all this crap.

• Like 1

To tell you the truth there isn't a standard look for thais. Some are really dark, some are fair, some look chinese or east asian but are not japanese, chinese. Not to mention luk kreungs. I don't know why whites just somehow define ppl purely on physical appearance when it's much more hence that guy starting the thread about farang ignoring each other when they don't even know one another and probably speak a different language.

Wrong place, wrong time. I wonder how many Americans died senselessly at the hands of their own countrymen (in some cases, a family member or partner) in the first 7 months of 2013 ?

According to Huff Post, in the eight weeks (12/15/12 to 1/31/13) following the Sandy Hook rampage, there were1280 homicides and accidental gunshot deaths in America. Not counting another 200 suicides or police shootings. So, about 27 a day, add in death by other means, times 7 months.... I'll stay in Thailand.

To tell you the truth there isn't a standard look for thais. Some are really dark, some are fair, some look chinese or east asian but are not japanese, chinese.

Funny you should say that. Of all the people in the UK that have assumed my wife's nationality, no one has ever got it right.

I have been here 14 years and been everywhere and done everything. Have never really been in trouble here, but

being 6 foot 7 inches tall probably helps. But when I watch these type of videos over and over again, where a farang

is getting the crap kicked out of him by a bunch of Thai guys, I have vowed to myself if I am attacked in a similar fashion,

, the first Thai guy within arm's reach is going to be really really hurt. After that what happens, happens.

But hey, would we also maybe not have a lot of anger inside us, if it was them running around with our women

LOL.

Don't be so naïve.

The majority of girls available to farangs are the ones the Thai guys do not want hence why those girls are with farangs in the first place.

They are more like to be bemused or amused as to why the white man would want such a girl than angry about it.

But hey, would we also maybe not have a lot of anger inside us, if it was them running around with our women

LOL.

Don't be so naïve.

The majority of girls available to farangs are the ones the Thai guys do not want hence why those girls are with farangs in the first place.

They are more like to be bemused or amused as to why the white man would want such a girl than angry about it.

Most of these girls have have a Thai boyfriend , who is amazed and happy that these stupid farangs keep giving money to his girlfriend so he can go to karaoke with his Thai friends. As always here, things are not as they seem.

• Like 1

As always here, things are not as they seem.

Spot on. But, not always as you think they seem either, EyesWideOpen.

There's a lot of good in LOS and glad I took the plunge. My wife has stood by me through thick and thin and I'm the one who's not as they seem and she's forgiven my transgressions on many an occasion.

We are conditioned by our experiences. Easy.

I put it to you that events in 1969 Belfast should not be considered normal by any means and in no way form a standard to be judged against.!

Here is an Irish TV programme, it shows the news items of interest in Ireland and Internationally in the year and music of the year also. Go to 21.00 minutes to see the events in N Ireland at the time

With the amount of drunk stupid farangs running around thinking they are tough guys, I am amazing of how few fights there are here in Thailand. With the few fights I have seen, the farang asked for it and provoking/starting the fight.

What I do not like, is the Thais unfair way of fighting. Its never one on one - and they never stop even though a person has been beaten and is lying down. But hey, would we also maybe not have a lot of anger inside us, if it was them running around with our women...

The expandable batons are readily available in the markets better to be prepared than be a victim

The clown was still shadow boxing after the melee subsided.

What one's goota love is the little guys streaking into the frame, firing off a whack, then streaking out of the frame.

Really; has anyone ever seen a one-on-one bar/street fight involving a Thai?

Edited by Curt1591
  • Like 1

Let's just do away with the barstool promoted idea that gangs of Thai's set about farangs for no reason, whilst it may well have happened once somewhere here, it is an extremely rare that I've never seen or even heard of third hand.

• Like 1

Let's just do away with the barstool promoted idea that gangs of Thai's set about farangs for no reason, whilst it may well have happened once somewhere here, it is an extremely rare that I've never seen or even heard of third hand.

So you're admitting it does happen. We're getting somewhere now....

So you're admitting it does happen. We're getting somewhere now....

In the same way that everything else that's possible has also happened here at some point, since the begining of time!

Look, don't troll the subject, there are newbies reading this who will form their opinions based on what is said here, similarly there will be would be tourists who read this and try to decide whether Thailand is a safe destination, it's unfair on anyone who takes this topic even remotely seriously to paint a false picture that is based solely on one persons experience of Pattaya at 3am on a Sunday morning ten years ago.

To be fair, before the blade was slashed, I'd made several reasonable points which must have fallen foul of the knife.

1) Random attacks on people DO occur

2) To be a victim of such you have to be in the wrong place at the wrong time

3) To think that just because you may not like a few ales, not get a tad rowdy at times, you are somehow exempt from the firing line is an erroneous way of thought.If the wrong person wants to give you a slap, a slap you will get unless you have the nous the get out of it all as I'd like to think most of us TV members do have (Pffffffffff).

4) Knowing when to get out of the way of the shit hitting the fan is beyond the average tourist. No matter how drunk he may be however he doesn't deserve a mob beating.

5) For all the apologists here, there is no excusing a gang beating of anyone. I don't care where it happens or where it may happen, but it happens here a lot more than most places I can think of and that goes for Thai on Thai too.

Now would anyone care to dispute the above points?

• Like 2

I'm making a guess, but I'd say from some of your posts here that you have enough Thailand savvy to know when the atmosphere has changed from a good one to a bad one therefore know when it's time to depart a certain place

That, and I also know when I have had enough booze. I have been to places I consider a lot more dangerous than Thailand, certain parts of Africa spring to mind, but always knew when it was time to leave the party.

• Like 1

"but it happens here a lot more than most places I can think of and that goes for Thai on Thai too".

I dispute the above, unless of course you are comparing the number of occurence here against some remote Pacific Island!

Have to say that in ten years of living here full time and a further ten years prior of being mostly resident, I've never seen a single attack and that from living in various tourist locations in Thailand and from frequenting a whole series of entertainement venues late at night. I expect that if I lived in Pattaya or similar and I spent every night in the bar etc etc then my experiences would be totally different.

I'm making a guess, but I'd say from some of your posts here that you have enough Thailand savvy to know when the atmosphere has changed from a good one to a bad one therefore know when it's time to depart a certain place

That, and I also know when I have had enough booze. I have been to places I consider a lot more dangerous than Thailand, certain parts of Africa spring to mind, but always knew when it was time to leave the party.

And Malta (one of the most violent places on Earth) ...but you catch my drift...?