farang beaten up in patpong i think

snake24

When you see the way farangs behave in the bar areas im amazed there are not more of them getting beaten up daily- and in most cases it would be well deserved too. So kudos to the Thais for showing so much restraint, i say.

I agree.

I'm amazed sometimes about how much crap bar owners, managers, staff, etc must take from certain customers.

That would never ever go well in the west.

Those customers would be out the door very fast, with help from 2-3 not so professional bouncers.

Having said that, I'm no fan of group attacks like in the video.

However, if a drunk/aggressive Mike Tyson character started with me, the only way for me to not become severely injured would be to have help, and basically overwhelm him asap.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But hey, would we also maybe not have a lot of anger inside us, if it was them running around with our women

LOL.

Don't be so naïve.

The majority of girls available to farangs are the ones the Thai guys do not want hence why those girls are with farangs in the first place.

They are more like to be bemused or amused as to why the white man would want such a girl than angry about it.

To use your own phrase...............

LOL

Don't be so naïve.

But hey, would we also maybe not have a lot of anger inside us, if it was them running around with our women

LOL.

Don't be so naïve.

The majority of girls available to farangs are the ones the Thai guys do not want hence why those girls are with farangs in the first place.

They are more like to be bemused or amused as to why the white man would want such a girl than angry about it.

Most of these girls have have a Thai boyfriend , who is amazed and happy that these stupid farangs keep giving money to his girlfriend so he can go to karaoke with his Thai friends. As always here, things are not as they seem.

Whilst I'm sure that happens I don't believe it's that common.

There is nothing really unique about this incident.

This happens frequently in the UK during the animal chucking out times of many local pubs.

Really?

Locals beating the hell out of tourists/expats?

Wow! I learn something new everyday.

Foreigners are being attacked and beaten up by locals everywhere in the world.

For various reasons.

Since the we started to move away from our caves.

When you see the way farangs behave in the bar areas im amazed there are not more of them getting beaten up daily- and in most cases it would be well deserved too. So kudos to the Thais for showing so much restraint, i say.

I agree.

I'm amazed sometimes about how much crap bar owners, managers, staff, etc must take from certain customers.

That would never ever go well in the west.

Those customers would be out the door very fast, with help from 2-3 not so professional bouncers.

Having said that, I'm no fan of group attacks like in the video.

However, if a drunk/aggressive Mike Tyson character started with me, the only way for me to not become severely injured would be to have help, and basically overwhelm him asap.

Mike Tyson character...what kind of drivel are you talking....the man looked middle aged, overweight, out of condition, intoxicated and in no way looked like, dressed like or had the demeanor of a fighting type...in fact he was just the kind of victim preferred by these gangs of half human half monkey vermin ... i don't recall one time any victim in any of these kinds of videos looking like a dangerous or hard to handle person....says a lot to me about the culture of the country.

These attackers really are cowardly thugs...a long time ago I had one of their type attack me...he swung a pathetic Thai boxing style kick at me, I held his leg for a second, let the little turd go and walked off laughing...I imagine if I had been drunk, if I had been slightly less fit or confident, if his mates had decided i was an easy target etc that I might have received the same treatment as the man in the video. This was songkran by the way and the cause was I told this man not to squirt water on me...anyweay, that was a little lesson about the temperament of the people....

By the way, if these idiots ever messed with Mike Tyson they would each be knocked out within a few seconds....one by one...they wouldn't stand a chance even in a group.

Dude if you are out on the streets on songkran you are bound to have water shot at you. That's just the way it goes. Everyone in general is in a playful mode so i don't know why anyone would be aggressive towards you unless you were aggressive towards him first?

please correct me if i am wrong and slightly off topic, sorry, but to all the Thai apologists out there.

i seem to remember a few years back a guy having the living crap beaten out of him in Phuket in front of his wife and kid/kids by a load of taxi drivers for parking in a legitimate parking bay.

do you feel in some way that their behavior was justified ? coffee1.gifwhistling.gifwink.png

Edited by tigerfish

I've rechecked and honestly, I can't see any Thai apologists in this thread. What I can see is a couple of posters saying that, contrary to the beliefs of some, farangs are not at risk of being attacked by gangs of men and when that sort of thing does happen it's very much the exception and in many cases the farang will have brought the beating on himself.

As for your man in Phuket: on the surface you'd have to say no, the beating was totally wrong. But I'd like to have been there to understand the circumstances and who said what to who and how was it said. Having lived in Patong for a number of years I understand the taxi/parking scenario well, despite that it would be difficult for me to imagine that the man was beaten up without cause. But if for example the taxi drivers said hey, you can't park there, this space is reserved for taxi's and the man replied, get stuffed, there's no sign saying I can't, then, well...!

I've rechecked and honestly, I can't see any Thai apologists in this thread. What I can see is a couple of posters saying that, contrary to the beliefs of some, farangs are not at risk of being attacked by gangs of men and when that sort of thing does happen it's very much the exception and in many cases the farang will have brought the beating on himself.

As for your man in Phuket: on the surface you'd have to say no, the beating was totally wrong. But I'd like to have been there to understand the circumstances and who said what to who and how was it said. Having lived in Patong for a number of years I understand the taxi/parking scenario well, despite that it would be difficult for me to imagine that the man was beaten up without cause. But if for example the taxi drivers said hey, you can't park there, this space is reserved for taxi's and the man replied, get stuffed, there's no sign saying I can't, then, well...!

Oh so that's ok then is it?

Park in a place you can park and some moron tells you that you can't and you tell them to <deleted> off and you are in the wrong and deserve a beating do you?

I would think the taxi thug deserved the beating.

• Like 2

Oh so that's ok then is it?

Park in a place you can park and some moron tells you that you can't and you tell them to <deleted> off and you are in the wrong and deserve a beating do you?

I would think the taxi thug deserved the beating.

I think that if you tell someone to <deleted> off anywhere in the world you're asking for trouble!

please correct me if i am wrong and slightly off topic, sorry, but to all the Thai apologists out there.

i seem to remember a few years back a guy having the living crap beaten out of him in Phuket in front of his wife and kid/kids by a load of taxi drivers for parking in a legitimate parking bay.

do you feel in some way that their behavior was justified ? coffee1.gif alt=coffee1.gif> whistling.gif alt=whistling.gif width=19 height=18> wink.png

I think his idea of a thai apologist is anyone here saying that that sort of behavior those thais were displaying is actually pretty typical in many parts of the world and certainly visible in the western world. Hell many western countries are a hotbed of violence. Then on the other end of the spectrum we see these guys commenting about thais attacking in packs but then again isn't gang violence like this common with all groups of ppl i mean it's not like thai men have the sole distinction of fighting in a pack others do it too. The difference in this video is i believe that those group of men attacking this farang don't know each other. They weren't in a gang yet they all ganged up together to attack him which meant he must have done something to cause a group of strangers to work together as a collective. I don't think you would see this that often in the western world at least with the majority caucasian but the minorities would probably do it.

• Like 1

By the way, if these idiots ever messed with Mike Tyson they would each be knocked out within a few seconds....one by one...they wouldn't stand a chance even in a group.

...or the dude from off of the Babycham Advert.....

Is it reggae dancehall star babycham? That's the only cham i know about.

As for mike tyson well comeon he's a champion world heavyweight boxer and ppl like him are as rare as they come what are the chances of someone like him showing up? He's a guy already had the body of a fully grown man in his teens or was it early teens and could easily bench 200lbs without training. Then he took up boxing and you know became an absolute beast.

The clown was still shadow boxing after the melee subsided.

What one's goota love is the little guys streaking into the frame, firing off a whack, then streaking out of the frame.

Really; has anyone ever seen a one-on-one bar/street fight involving a Thai?

No,,,, and as long as I got a hole in my A@#,, It will never happen

• Like 1

do you feel in some way that their behavior was justified ? coffee1.gifwhistling.gifwink.png

Ok course not- nobody is saying that. What we are saying is that when a farang IS behaving like an aggressive jerk he deserves a good beating and that this in fact is likely to make him a friendly nicer person in the future - win win.

I've never seen groups of Thai's set on a farang without cause.

There is never a cause when it's about six to one. If Thais have any cause to beat up a Farang, Why do they always need back up? Are they not brave enough to fight the Farang one to one? I would like an answer to this.

• Like 1

There is never a cause when it's about six to one. If Thais have any cause to beat up a Farang, Why do they always need back up? Are they not brave enough to fight the Farang one to one? I would like an answer to this.

They fight to win. What's bravery got to do with it? A thug is a thug whether fighting alone or in packs.

• Like 1

I admire the way you always stick up for the Thais Berkshire, and I agree with you on most points, but what I don't admire is their cowardice, though does not apply to all of them, and their behaviour on the roads, that applies to a big majority of them. If there is one thing I hate it is cowards, whether it is on the street, or the very occasional TV poster hiding behind his keyboard with insults to other posters.

• Like 2

They fight to win. What's bravery got to do with it? A thug is a thug whether fighting alone or in packs.

Yes, you are right about thugs fighting alone, a big man against a little man, a young man against an old man. But odds of around six to one is nothing short of cowardice and Thuggery.

• Like 1

Gang beatings are cowardly and disgusting where ever they happen, but let us be honest, they happen everywhere by the same kind of wanna be criminals that loiter around tourist areas everywhere in the world.

Yes, white people are not in the habit of gang beatings mostly and yes, other cultures such as american black, arab, asian and hispanic have a totally different mindset when it comes to fighting.

It still isn't something uniquely Thai.

The only problem is that is that the criminal thais in these areas often have knives or even guns and that makes it difficult for other foreigners to come to help and give these little <deleted> a real beating, because we all know that in a fair or even numbered fight that the thais would get their <deleted> royally kicked by a group of whites.

And the overzealous moderators will probably delete this post as well.

• Like 1

Yes, you are right about thugs fighting alone, a big man against a little man, a young man against an old man. But odds of around six to one is nothing short of cowardice and Thuggery.

But why would thugs care about fighting honourably? Just look at the cowardly thuggery of football gangs in England in the 70s & 80s. I don't think Thai thuggery is any different to any other thuggery. They are all thugs.

• Like 1

There was an incident back in Scotland years ago, a guy was walking down the street alone minding his own business when he was set about by a group of thugs and beaten up, he managed to escape before too much damage was done.

He then returned with a gun and killed one of them. he was sent to prison for a very long time. The guy was wrong to do what he did, but the Thugs walked out of court scot free. What I ask is this, why were the thugs not arrested and charged with assault? They were in the court and everything came out what had happened. That was typical UK justice.

• Like 2

I admire the way you always stick up for the Thais Berkshire, and I agree with you on most points, but what I don't admire is their cowardice, though does not apply to all of them, and their behaviour on the roads, that applies to a big majority of them. If there is one thing I hate it is cowards, whether it is on the street, or the very occasional TV poster hiding behind his keyboard with insults to other posters.

Berkshire!xermm.gif.pagespeed.ic.7f2Kr9k8HC.pngunsure.png.pagespeed.ce.E7Vo3qsmeC.png

• Like 1

I've got to contest a point here. My father ran a doorman company for years, he had 45 bouncers working for him, you can imagine they were handy with their fists.

I watch videos like that and they enrage me, bouncers have a duty of care towards their clients, all of their clients. A good doorman never raises his hands, he ushers people out the door and if need be sticks them in a taxi home.

Why? two reasons.......we've all been that guy that's had too much to drink at some point. It doesn't matter if you're a little drunken lamb, or more aggressive with the mouth, a good bouncer will see you out unharmed. We have all been that vulnerable at some point.

The second reason is that violence begets violence. You put the boot in on that night, you better expect a return visit, especially where I'm from. You better be handy then.

Two years ago three bouncers gave me son a heavy kicking. My reaction was he must have deserved it so that's a lesson learnt. I don't think he was very happy about that. I was then approached by someone that told me they had taken a liberty. It turned out that my son had complained about a G-Star jacket being stolen, and the bouncers thought they would negotiate a settlement. By the time they were finished two were holding him on his knees by the arms, the third was putting the boot in.

As a father, picture that scene in your mind. None of those guys work on the doors in Glasgow now.

A doorman that puts the boot in is not a doorman at all, he's a psychotic dog. It's one thing to be involved in a street fight in Thailand, bouncers kicking your head off is unforgivable. They are supposed to be keeping you safe, not hospitalizing you.

So what you are watching on that video is inexcusable.

Dude don't get your point at all what does that have to do with the situation here? Those ppl beating him up are not bouncers. They look to be the stall owners so no nothing in their job scope in being "professional" towards misbehaving drunkards assuming that was the case. Seeing the reactions though the most likely scenerio is that he really provoked the attack and the bystanders including other farangs and that farang/middle eastern guy who did not even attempt to aid him show that he was in the wrong.

Unlikely he's going to get revenge too. It's not like he's some thai gang leader boss and could somehow activate some men to retaliate.

I do get the Blethers point. and it could have something to do with the situation here. If you know what really happened, will you please share it with us?

In the UK a few years back a farmer was jailed for killing a man who confronted him in his own living room, it was about five years before he got out. I am not sure of the situation now, but you risked prosecution in the UK if you hurt someone while defending yourself.

• Like 1

Agree. Thais will never lay into a farang like this unless provoked. The bloke should consider himself lucky being able to walk away from all this.

I agree with your first sentence apart from the word never. I believe it would apply to about 99% of Thais. No matter the provocation, there is no excuse whatsoever for five or six thugs, and that's what they are, laying into one defenceless man.