farang beaten up in patpong i think

snake24

Also a bit of difference between Patpong and Patong. One being in Bangkok- where this video wasn't filmed- and one being in Phuket where it was possibly filmed... but find me a wind open space in Patpong like that, I'll be amazed.

Some ppl have mentioned the place is in khao san which is in bkk.

Anyway i was hoping someone would at least know the story that led to this beating and some names.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see where your coming from Patrick. but back in the UK, I did not hear or read about fights with odds of about six to one, I am not saying it did not happen, it did, but in the eight years I have lived in Thailand, never a week goes by without reading in TV and the Stickman Bangkok website about six Thais beating up one Farang. If Thais have a gripe about Farangs taking their woman, and I can see where they have, why does one Thai never go up to a Farang and try and cause trouble without his backup? Odds of about six to one is never acceptable, no matter what reason there is. If I had a gripe against anybody back in Scotland, I would approach them by myself, and sort it out by myself without the need for any backup.

"Never a week goes by" is rather an exaggeration! Thais will back up their countrymen and there is certainly a thuggish Thai element most often found in places like Patong (Phuket) and Pattaya. To say the same thing wouldn't happen in a western country, particularly if a "foreigner" was beating up a local, is ridiculous.

OK, I will refrase that, hardly is the word I should have used. I did not say it never happened in a Western country, read my post again. I say again, only cowards and thugs beat up one man at odds of about six to one, in any country, and the Thais are renowned for that.

Fair enough. However, I don't really see a virtue in our thugs being braver than Thai thugs and I don't see the thuggish pack mentality as being particularly a Thai thing.

I will take a very big bet that the person posting about the thugs from his country isn't an asian but more likely a farang and guess what i have a 99% chance of being correct. The only odd thing is if you show this person of thugs from his country beating up a lone person he will still say somehow the thugs and men from his country are "tougher" and more "honorable".

Just before the ground floor of Nana Plaza changed I saw a farang take a good hiding from a bunch of doormen. Don't know what he had done, if anything, but to me he looked very seriously injured. I remember a few girls trying to intervene unsuccessfully. The key to not getting beaten up by Thai doormen is not to film in go-go's, pay your bill, don't harrass the girls to the point of annoyance and don't ever think for one minute you will beat them in a one on one fight. Of course there are innocent farang who will get beaten up but considering the heady cocktail of drink and women that Thailand provides in abundance I've seen very few fights over the years.

Edited by Somchai Mao

Also a bit of difference between Patpong and Patong. One being in Bangkok- where this video wasn't filmed- and one being in Phuket where it was possibly filmed... but find me a wind open space in Patpong like that, I'll be amazed.

Some ppl have mentioned the place is in khao san which is in bkk.

Anyway i was hoping someone would at least know the story that led to this beating and some names.

I understand (from anothe forum) that it took place in 2011.

I will take a very big bet that the person posting about the thugs from his country isn't an asian but more likely a farang and guess what i have a 99% chance of being correct. The only odd thing is if you show this person of thugs from his country beating up a lone person he will still say somehow the thugs and men from his country are "tougher" and more "honorable".

Are you referring to me? Sorry, but I don't understand your post.unsure.png

I've got to contest a point here. My father ran a doorman company for years, he had 45 bouncers working for him, you can imagine they were handy with their fists.

I watch videos like that and they enrage me, bouncers have a duty of care towards their clients, all of their clients. A good doorman never raises his hands, he ushers people out the door and if need be sticks them in a taxi home.

Why? two reasons.......we've all been that guy that's had too much to drink at some point. It doesn't matter if you're a little drunken lamb, or more aggressive with the mouth, a good bouncer will see you out unharmed. We have all been that vulnerable at some point.

The second reason is that violence begets violence. You put the boot in on that night, you better expect a return visit, especially where I'm from. You better be handy then.

Why?......you have detailed two very good reasons why a good doorman never raises his hands, Theblether.

A third reason is because assaults at pubs and clubs often result in ambulances, hospitals and police involvement.

What can follow (in Belfast and most other places in the Civilised World) is a government agency review of the doorman and his employer's security licence, as well as the pub's liquor licence. That is a VERY VERY important reason why a good doorman never raises his hands.

From what I have experienced, I'm not so sure the same level of scrutiny is placed on the performance and behaviour of security and licensed premises in Thailand. What often results is a lawless, free for all drunken scrum.

I see where your coming from Patrick. but back in the UK, I did not hear or read about fights with odds of about six to one, I am not saying it did not happen, it did, but in the eight years I have lived in Thailand, never a week goes by without reading in TV and the Stickman Bangkok website about six Thais beating up one Farang. If Thais have a gripe about Farangs taking their woman, and I can see where they have, why does one Thai never go up to a Farang and try and cause trouble without his backup? Odds of about six to one is never acceptable, no matter what reason there is. If I had a gripe against anybody back in Scotland, I would approach them by myself, and sort it out by myself without the need for any backup.

"Never a week goes by" is rather an exaggeration! Thais will back up their countrymen and there is certainly a thuggish Thai element most often found in places like Patong (Phuket) and Pattaya. To say the same thing wouldn't happen in a western country, particularly if a "foreigner" was beating up a local, is ridiculous.

OK, I will refrase that, hardly is the word I should have used. I did not say it never happened in a Western country, read my post again. I say again, only cowards and thugs beat up one man at odds of about six to one, in any country, and the Thais are renowned for that.

I don't get your logic, Possum, i.e., it's not based on reality. If I was out with, say, 3 or 4 friends and one got into a scuffle with some random stranger, you can bet your ass I'd jump in to back up a friend. And it wouldn't mean crap to me if we were pummeling one a**hole who deserved it. That's what friends do. Now if you want to sit by and watch your "friend" take on some drunk, your call. I'd feel sorry for your "friends," though.

I don't get your logic, Possum, i.e., it's not based on reality. If I was out with, say, 3 or 4 friends and one got into a scuffle with some random stranger, you can bet your ass I'd jump in to back up a friend. And it wouldn't mean crap to me if we were pummeling one a**hole who deserved it. That's what friends do. Now if you want to sit by and watch your "friend" take on some drunk, your call. I'd feel sorry for your "friends," though.

If I was out with some friends, and one lone person hit or threatened one of them, I would wait and see his reaction. If he was capable of looking after himself, I would leave it. If he was not capable, I would jump on the troublemaker and wallop him, but if all my four friends jumped in together, I would put a stop to it. Why should for or five guys lay into one idiot when one or maybe two can do it. To do otherwise, you are bringing yourself down to their level, and that makes you a thug as well.

Four or five guys laying in to one guy is just pure thuggery, no matter the circumstances.

@Radar501, I take your point re 'lawless, drunken scum', but isn't that symptomatic of a Police force that just cant be bothered doing their duty ? Cops who only sit up and take notice when the victim is someone 'important' or the media puts pressure on them (remember the Australian woman who was killed for her handbag on Phuket last year ? They had the offenders locked up within a week ! Try getting that sort of outcome without pressure from 'higher up').

I really get tired of people always defending this type of cowardly, brutal, animal behavior with the "happens in Sydney" or wher the fuc_k ever. We are not talking about Sydney or Glascow or Detroit or wherever but rather a tourist desination in Thailand.  Bottom line is it is happening here and if you are half awake you will see it is wrong and you may be next one drunken evening.

No-one is defending it - if only these type of attacks were restricted to Thailand. We could rename it 'the Land of Thugs' and tourist numbers would go from 22 million to ~2000 Indians and Nigerians overnight.

How many family groups would you say risk this type of violence in Thailand. My *guess* is that its a tiny number - in bed by 11pm, mostly - and that leaves Farang punters, the odd younger couple and Thais who gravitate to the nightlife industry. Do the math.  

As others have pointed out, the guy in that vid is clearly drunk - ever been pushed or abused by a drunk ? I got into it with one such drunk a few years back on Koh Chang, and we were both saved by the Thais who broke it up - bad for business, particularly if one Farang stabs the other and/or both go to jail/the hospital (or worse..). This was one-on-one, although his mate clearly wanted a piece of me when they returned later and were told to piss off by the Thai staff. Said staff could have kicked me out, or simply given me the cold shoulder, but they didn't - I was a customer spending money in their bar and the other guy had abused them - simple. To date, he remains the only drunk to get in my face like that in Thailand, but it would be different if I had to work in a bar night after night.   

Good and bad Thai people, same as anywhere - I was lucky to find myself surrounded by more of the former than the latter. In Sydney, I believe it would have been entirely different. 

So your wealth of knowledge on the subject comes from one incident in koh chang a few years back while you were holidaying in Thailand for a few weeks?

Perhaps you should write a book on the subject to let expats (some of which have been living in Thailand for decades) know how it really is? :lol:

The only problem is that is that the criminal thais in these areas often have knives or even guns and that makes it difficult for other foreigners to come to help and give these little <deleted> a real beating, because we all know that in a fair or even numbered fight that the thais would get their <deleted> royally kicked by a group of whites.

And the overzealous moderators will probably delete this post as well.

I think this is just your opinion. Ask a thai and he would probably say the thais would win cos they are tougher even if they are smaller. Pointless making up imaginary scenerios.

Ok, so you're one of those people who think Manny Paquio could beat an average heavyweight?

Because, if so, you are really way off. Weight matters - A LOT.

50-60 kg is never going to beat 80-90 kg unless there is a huge difference in agression and skill. Which I doubt. No one goes down from a single punch from a Thai, hence why they always use weapons or gang up. On the other hand, a good straight right from someone 90 kg will be a knockout a significant portion of the time.

• Like 1

When can I see the video? The Thais never do one to one we are just farang and they don't give a shit about hurting someone . It's who u know not what u know and u can buy yourself out of almost anything . I've got into a couple of disagreements there and the Thai came unstuck . I teach aikido and use it . They wouldn't flinch about harming u with or without weapons.. to many westerners getting hurt and mugged there now .

Where do you teach Aikido?

The only problem is that is that the criminal thais in these areas often have knives or even guns and that makes it difficult for other foreigners to come to help and give these little <deleted> a real beating, because we all know that in a fair or even numbered fight that the thais would get their <deleted> royally kicked by a group of whites.

I think this is just your opinion. Ask a thai and he would probably say the thais would win cos they are tougher even if they are smaller. Pointless making up imaginary scenerios.

Ok, so you're one of those people who think Manny Paquio could beat an average heavyweight?

50-60 kg is never going to beat 80-90 kg unless there is a huge difference in agression and skill. Which I doubt. No one goes down from a single punch from a Thai, hence why they always use weapons or gang up. On the other hand, a good straight right from someone 90 kg will be a knockout a significant portion of the time.

well that is if you assume that all thais only weigh 50-60 kg and all farang are 90kg and above and the comparison of manny with a heavyweight in regards to an average thai and farang is way off. Cos manny and the heavy weight are all trained boxers and their body weight is mostly composed of muscle. Lord even knows if the farang's 90kg is actually purely muscle or fat you do know that being 90kg and obese doesn't actually make you a tougher fighter. Anyway there are many smaller sized fighters that easily took down bigger ppl and most ppl don't actually know how to throw a punch without breaking their own wrist.

Still find it funny you could stereotype thais as small sized 50-60 kg and all farangs as some type of muscled beasts 90kg and above. Mind you many muay thai fighters are rather small because they lack any bodyfat but they could probably even kill ppl bigger than themselves.

well that is if you assume that all thais only weigh 50-60 kg and all farang are 90kg and above and the comparison of manny with a heavyweight in regards to an average thai and farang is way off. Cos manny and the heavy weight are all trained boxers and their body weight is mostly composed of muscle. Lord even knows if the farang's 90kg is actually purely muscle or fat you do know that being 90kg and obese doesn't actually make you a tougher fighter. Anyway there are many smaller sized fighters that easily took down bigger ppl and most ppl don't actually know how to throw a punch without breaking their own wrist.

Still find it funny you could stereotype thais as small sized 50-60 kg and all farangs as some type of muscled beasts 90kg and above. Mind you many muay thai fighters are rather small because they lack any bodyfat but they could probably even kill ppl bigger than themselves.

Did you skip physics class? Force is mass and momentum, it doesn't matter if that mass is muscle, fat or a wristwatch.

90kg is a pretty average weight for a 6ft well bulit foreigner.

You are seriously going to try arguing the toss that Thai's and foreigners are in general the same size?

Very sickening to watch ! He could have died !

I always tell myself that I got lucky in the 1990's and early 2000's, the period where I spent most of my time in Thailand. I was young, a bit reckless, and got drunk often. I have never been the type to look for fights or offend people on purpose; but you know how it is when you get drunk often; trouble can find you easily; especially when you are in a foreign country. Apart from one minor bar-fight and a few only-verbal quarrels with cab drivers, I didn't get into trouble.

Maybe that guy did or said something nasty, but it is really NOT the way to respond like that. So brutal !

Edited by JemJem

I understand (from anothe forum) that it took place in 2011.

Are you referring to me? Sorry, but I don't understand your post.unsure.png.pagespeed.ce.E7Vo3qsmeC.png alt=unsure.png width=20 height=20>

No i don't think it was you i was referring to someone that mentioned how cowardly those thais were but yet thugs come from all nationalities and i can bet he would give a different judgement if you showed him videos of thugs from his country beating up a lone person.

@bresterbugden, I wouldn't sweat it - many of the OP's posts make very little sense to me. He definitely seems intent on highlighting the dark side of Thailand yet, oddly, also wants to relocate to the Land of Smiles. Weird.

What is it about this thread that you don't understand. I don't have any agenda nor do i actually want to live in thailand where did u get this idea from? Oh yeah you made it up but it's good to see you trolling me in every thread i am posting and somehow trying to make "allies" with those that might have disagreements with me. This shows that i gave you one hell of butt hurt there in the other thread so that you're going to be stalking me all the time.

Did you skip physics class? Force is mass and momentum, it doesn't matter if that mass is muscle, fat or a wristwatch.

You are seriously going to try arguing the toss that Thai's and foreigners are in general the same size?

Do you think judo, akido does not work?

Size alone isn't going to work and mind you muscle and fat make a hell lot of difference. Why not get an untrained 90kg foreigner to fight with a skinny 60kg muay thai fighter then. Muay thai fighters have very little mass on them since they hardly have fat.

You've given up on thais being the same size as foreigners?

Judo and Akido are self defence no? I thought this thread was about people attacking rather than defending and wrestling.

If thai guys in general are these solid 60kg muay thai boxers who could drop any average joe 90kg foreigner why do they only ever attack like a pack of dogs? I'll hazard a guess and say, because they ain't trained fighters and know full well they would get their faces smashed in if they didn't?

You've given up on thais being the same size as foreigners?

Judo and Akido are self defence no? I thought this thread was about people attacking rather than defending and wrestling.

If thai guys in general are these solid 60kg muay thai boxers who could drop any average joe 90kg foreigner why do they only ever attack like a pack of dogs? I'll hazard a guess and say, because they ain't trained fighters and know full well they would get their faces smashed in if they didn't?

No i have not. It's you that is so insistent that all thais have to be around 50-60kg when there are huge thai people around (DUH) and puny farang that only weigh 50 or 60kg and they are men. whistling.gif

Since when does being a good fighter mean that the others around him won't attack together with him? You see you don't make any sense. Those are street fights and anything goes. You're using some type of haphazard logic like this: Hey my friend som is a good muay thai fighter, i'm not going to fight that farang i'll just let som demolish him alone. Which is plain BS because in such fights everyone is pissed mad and just wants to have a go.

Let's look at some champion muay thai fighters. Take buakaw. He's i think around 70kg soaking wet and he's considered one of the bigger sized ones or rather average sized. He could easily demolish a much bigger sized person.

Ok, you win. Thais in general are the same size as their western counterparts, every study thats ever been done on this is wrong.... wink.png

Where had anyone said that a champion muay thai fighter couldn't destroy a much larger average joe in the street?

i merely used buakaw as an example. He's rather small at around 66-70kg isn't he? Actually since you were so adamant that someone at 90kg could easily beat a smaller person so what difference does it make if buakaw fought a bigger person? He's pretty small isn't he?

Do you think judo, akido does not work?

Size alone isn't going to work and mind you muscle and fat make a hell lot of difference. Why not get an untrained 90kg foreigner to fight with a skinny 60kg muay thai fighter then. Muay thai fighters have very little mass on them since they hardly have fat.

Muay thai fighters have very little mass on them since they hardly have fat.

Please explain what you mean by mass, because for those of us who werent sleeping during physics lessons, your post makes no sense.