Cheap Deals to BKK to UK Single or Returns

stament

Hi,

Read a few post on here and am interested in a one way or return deal from BKK to London/Birmingham in the next week or so. Does anyone know of any good deals or travel agents? I contacted the sponsor MTT and am waiting a response.

If indirect I would prefer a middle east carrier either Emirates or Etihad, don't want Lufthansa or Jet or something.

Many thanks

Was just looking at Sri Lanka as I want to go UK at Christmas. So, thinking lets see if I can stopover somewhere I've never been on the way. Columbo, Sri Lanka came up for just £600 (30k baht) return including 4 days to discover Columbo. So quite the adventure being hatched for me .... I've flown Sri Lanka before, (cant recall where to where). it was a nice full service airline with modern aircraft and stewardesses with dazzling big eyes, charm and grace.

If you just want the cheapest flight, doing the layover is often the cheapest way...

• Like 1

Was just looking at Sri Lanka as I want to go UK at Christmas. So, thinking lets see if I can stopover somewhere I've never been on the way. Columbo, Sri Lanka came up for just £600 (30k baht) return including 4 days to discover Columbo. So quite the adventure being hatched for me .... I've flown Sri Lanka before, (cant recall where to where). it was a nice full service airline with modern aircraft and stewardesses with dazzling big eyes, charm and grace.

If you just want the cheapest flight, doing the layover is often the cheapest way...

That's BKK - Columbo - LHR - Columbo - BKK. 4 day stop off, 12 hours or so stop on the way back. But so very cheap at £600.

Try Royal Jordanian, excellent airline and sometimes have very good deals.

Thanks for the tip, not sure I fancy flying with them, don't they fly near Syria :-(

Every route for every airline BKK to UK flies near Syria.

It's not something to worry about.

I'm moving back to London in a few weeks, & got a half decent deal with Malaysian Airlines, not sure if its still available as I had to book it a month ahead of time & I got the feeling from the travel agent that the deal was only on for a few weeks, they gave me the same price as all the travel apps on my phone so I know it wasn't an offer exclusive to them. BA were also offering reduced rates for off season travel, but their booking period may have expired already.

whats wrong with Lufthansa?

they serve,LHR,BHX and MAN.

quality airline,travelled with them many time's.

What's wrong with Lufthansa?

They have the tightest seating of any airline. Same with Austrian Airlines since they were bought by Lufthansa.

Being taller I have spent several flights (booked by company) mainly in the toilet just for the leg room. The 'Polizei' FA's won't let you sit in their jump seats for long.

Would never fly with them if paying myself.

As well as skyscanner, try Kayak and Kelkoo. All three give good flight deal options.

Sri Lankan was mentioned above. Last time I flew with them there was plenty of leg room for me and I'm a tad over 6 foot tall.

Out of interest, what was the total trip time?

I understand stopover times can vary of course.

That's BKK - Columbo - LHR - Columbo - BKK. 4 day stop off, 12 hours or so stop on the way back. But so very cheap at £600.

Worst stop over I ever had was in Sri Lanka! Terrible airport, rules change by flight (case in point, my parents flew on the same flight the week before out of BKK and were put up in a hotel for the 9 hrs stop over - the following week we were denied exactly the same for same times/flights/everything bar date and had to sit in the airport where everything was shut and all seats were taken by scream Sri Lankans watching cricket on a large screen! - not my choice btw there was a lot of us travelling so flights were limited severely and arranged to fit) - never again!

btw this was about several years ago - not been back to try it.

I also dislike going through India as the customs (just to transfer) is utter chaos and seems designed to infuriate, and get as many angry people huddled into a small area (and very long line) as possible and send them back to the start for some stamp or paperwork or tag that had not been mentioned/signposted/made available and bring people through the line at will just to wind everyone up some more.

Gulf countries are the best to xfer through IMO and I totally agree with the op!

I also dislike going through India as the customs (just to transfer) is utter chaos and seems designed to infuriate, and get as many angry people huddled into a small area (and very long line) as possible and send them back to the start for some stamp or paperwork or tag that had not been mentioned/signposted/made available and bring people through the line at will just to wind everyone up some more.

I believe that's the security-check you mean, on your person and carry-on baggage, rather than customs ? No customs on a direct-transfer international-to-international !

Not unreasonable given their terrorist-problems, with some of their neighbours as-well-as internal, but I do agree that their job-creation potential is exploited to the irritating full !

I believe that's the security-check you mean, on your person and carry-on baggage, rather than customs ? No customs on a direct-transfer international-to-international !

Not unreasonable given their terrorist-problems, with some of their neighbours as-well-as internal, but I do agree that their job-creation potential is exploited to the irritating full !

Only flew via India once on Jet Airways stopped in Mumbai. The whole transfer system was poorly coordinated and I think for less clued up people they would miss the connection. The walk was so long and there was little direction or assistance for those who aren't used to air travel. Flight was fine I might add but not a good airport. Incidentally I only chose Jet because I needed a cheap one way. If it was a return I would have chosen another airline.

• Like 1

Jet has the best prices and shortest stopover times though and you'd have to be pretty stupid to miss a connection.

Hence why I took them (the price). I wasn't saying I would miss the connection, merely pointing out that it was a bit of a shambles as was the amount of checks we had to go through and could cause problems to a few people. People do miss connections.

Jet has the best prices and shortest stopover times though and you'd have to be pretty stupid to miss a connection.

I have been through Mumbai several times, and I have seen it take more than 2 hours to get through security checks - the airline staff were having to go into the fray and pull people through the mall to try and get them seen first - it does not have to be the stupidity of the travellers, who would expect to get held up like that on a transfer <deleted>. All the passenger that are there are transfer passengers, so have been through security already when they boarded the first flight - making people get stamps at a security desk (un-signposted - and often people don't realise until they get to the front of the queue and are sent back to the desk and the back of the queue again!), every belt has to be removed again, every electronic device removed from the luggage again (with the trays only at the desk so not easy to get ready for it until you hit the front of the queue - and then there is a mass grab for trays and a slot on the x-ray conveyor belts. Every item must be labelled with passenger tags so they can be stamped (why the stampers can just do this or use a sticker instead makes no sense). Every bag is scanned, even small plastic bags, and nearly all of them I might add seem to hit the hand check queue - to which there is no order or even people dedicated to search them - so you could be standing there with all your gadgets and several bags awaiting one bumbag that no one looks at for ages. Then most people are also searched on a mini platform - one at a time. All this for a soldier at the security exit to cast a cursory glance at on the way out - and is happy if he sees at least one stamped label (in other words completely flawed anyway!). Delhi is infinitely better, although still much worse than most.

I have Indian friends over there and they say that Indian security (and pretty much all Indians that work at the airports) are they most rude and miserable people they know - I could not disagree with that!

• Like 2

Thanks for the info, I have never flown with them but was thinking of doing similar to you, RTN to UK with a break in Columbo just to see what it is like.

Early next year rather than Xmas so guess might get an even better price.

Hope you enjoy the breaksmile.png

YOU SHOULD BOOK ONLINE ETICKET WITH NORWEGIAN AIRLINES,ONLY 250 EURO ONE WAY FROM BKK

norwegian.com

THEN EASYJET OR OTHER BUGETAIRLINES LESS THAN 50 EURO YOU CAN REACH TO UK FROM OSLO.

ALSO YOU SHOULD TRY BIMAN CURRENT SPECIAL FARES TO LONDON AND MANCHESTER FROM BKK VIA DHAKA EWITH BOEING 777, BANGLADESH VISA ON ARRIVAL 'S AVAILABLE AT AIRPORT @50$ IF YOU WANT A STOPOVER .

FLY ETHIOPIAN AIRLINES FROM BKK VIA Addis Ababa TO uk COULD BE REWARDING AS WELL.VISA ON ARRIVAL AND SPECIAL ONE WAY AVAILABLE.NEW AIRCRAFT ,BOEING 787.

KENYA AIRWAYS FLIGHT FROM BKK VIA Nairobi TO UK, ALSO REASONABLE FARES, BUT LESS NEW AIRCRAFT.

FLY ETHIOPIAN AIRLINES FROM BKK VIA Addis Ababa TO uk COULD BE REWARDING AS WELL.VISA ON ARRIVAL AND SPECIAL ONE WAY AVAILABLE.NEW AIRCRAFT ,BOEING 787.

KENYA AIRWAYS FLIGHT FROM BKK VIA Nairobi TO UK, ALSO REASONABLE FARES, BUT LESS NEW AIRCRAFT.

See the newly-burned-out departure-building at Nairobi too, en-route ! rolleyes.gif

I've been watching both Ethiopian and Kenya Airways, hoping for a cheaper ticket than B39k to MBA-Mombasa sometime this winter, but no joy so far ... any idea where to find reasonable-fares with either one ? Their fares BKK-London return look to be B65k-B79k in economy, ouch !!!

Norwegian have their own cheap-flights within Europe, no need to use Easy-jet. I hadn't realised that Norwegian are the 3rd-biggest LCC in Europe ?

Anyway they will certainly be worth checking-out, once more of their B787s are delivered, and their newly-launched (this summer) long-haul operation gets going !

Might help keep prices with other airlines down ? thumbsup.gif

YOU SHOULD BOOK ONLINE ETICKET WITH NORWEGIAN AIRLINES,ONLY 250 EURO ONE WAY FROM BKK

norwegian.com

THEN EASYJET OR OTHER BUGETAIRLINES LESS THAN 50 EURO YOU CAN REACH TO UK FROM OSLO.

ALSO YOU SHOULD TRY BIMAN CURRENT SPECIAL FARES TO LONDON AND MANCHESTER FROM BKK VIA DHAKA EWITH BOEING 777, BANGLADESH VISA ON ARRIVAL 'S AVAILABLE AT AIRPORT @50$ IF YOU WANT A STOPOVER .

If you don't know Dhaka or have good friends there then don't even consider a stopover.

I have worked in Bangladesh and enjoyed it but don't recommend you go it alone.

Norwegian have their own cheap-flights within Europe, no need to use Easy-jet. I hadn't realised that Norwegian are the 3rd-biggest LCC in Europe ?

Anyway they will certainly be worth checking-out, once more of their B787s are delivered, and their newly-launched (this summer) long-haul operation gets going !

If you could easily get from Bangkok to London with Norwegian then why are they not selling tickets? Clearly it involves travel between airports in Norway or unreasonable transfer times. How much is the cost of a taxi in Norway? These harebrained schemes never work out. Just use Kayak or Skyscanner.

Edited by edwardandtubs

If you could easily get from Bangkok to London with Norwegian then why are they not selling tickets? Clearly it involves travel between airports in Norway or unreasonable transfer times. How much is the cost of a taxi in Norway? These harebrained schemes never work out. Just use Kayak or Skyscanner.

They are (or have been) selling tickets, which were coming-up on skyscanner, see these earlier threads for example ...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/656469-norwegian-with-cheap-tickets-oslo-bangkok-oslo-in-august-september-and-october-on-sale/?p=6657610&hl=%2Bnorwegian in July

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/613866-cheap-flights-on-norwegian/?p=6262438&hl=%2Bnorwegian in January

However the delivery of their B787s this summer was delayed, so they had to draft in some other leased-aircraft, making the launch a bit of a shambles.

Edited by Ricardo