I Need Some Help ... But It Sounds Rediculous

hi guys,

this may sound rediculous, but i have to try.

i transfered all my precious photos i took during my Kanchanaburi trip into a CDRom, and when i got back to my country Malaysia, i found that the disc was seriously damaged and cannot be recovered. I tried Norton ghost on my memory card, and have no luck either.

Kanchanaburi was the best part of my journey in Thailand, i took many pictures with my gf on our train trip from bangkok to Nam Tok, which was really fun. We got unlucky when we got to Erawan waterfall because we were late for entry (close by 4:30pm but we got there by 6pm), but the guards were very, very, very kind and they let us enter the Sri Nakarin Dam even it was closed even earlier, and so we were very lucky to be able to see the sunset on the dam.

but all these very very precious pictures are gone, however, since i was doing the transfering in a cyber cafe in Kanchanaburi (Maenam Kwai Rd, or riverside avenue), i was wondering ... can someone who is now there in Kanchanaburi help me to retrive the files from there?

i know this sounds really rediculous, but this is my last hope. :o please contact me on my MSN, [email protected] , your help is so important to me. :D

sincerely,

gan

Edited by water_gunner

Sorry to hear about your loss. Hence I make back-up all the time.

Anyway,

since i was doing the transfering in a cyber cafe in Kanchanaburi (Maenam Kwai Rd, or riverside avenue),
Name of the place would really help ???? and when were you here in Kan? Once agian very vague. What was the name of the files ?????

Going there tomorrow.

Let see what we can do, should you give me more info.

Yours truly,

Kan Win :o

Edited by Kan Win

Dear Kan Win,

you didn't know how happy i am to see your reply :D:D:D i'm not sure about the name of the shop, but i can describe. :D i went there just last wednesday (12th April 2006), i wish there is still hope. :D

p/s: dear Kan Win, this will be a little bit complicated ... :o but i donno anything else better that i can do ... i will describe everything after this paragraph but if worst come to worst, could you get me the email address of the shop? so i can ask them to help? i think that would be easier.

there are only 2 cyber cafes on the river side avenue, if we enter the avenue from the entrance oposite the night bazaar on Tuesday night, there will be 1 cyber cafe on the right which is amongst some little pubs (these part of the shops are all a little higher leveled above the road which we need to walk a few stairs), and there will be another one further up the street on the left which is next to a 7-11.

it was at the one amongst the pubs. the walls are painted white, on the wall they hang alot of pictures of the Night view of the River Kwae Bridge, those pictures are very colourful, those are a light and sound/fireworks display show of the Kwae Bridge.

kanmap.gif

there are only 2 computers equiped with CD burner, 1 is next to a big grey color printer and another 1 is right at the opposite of it. i was using this one at the opposite, you may ask the shop keeper about "the pc with faster burner", that is what he told me. :D

i put the files on desktop before i burned it on CD, under the folder i created and named it [12th April 2006], the filename structures are like these:

P1010001, P1010002, P1010003, P1010004, P1010031, P1010301 and etc. the pictures are taken on the 3rd Class train from BKK to Kan, Sai Yok waterfall and the locomotive at the park, Kwae Bridge, Tiger Temple, The sunset of the Dam, some beautiful roadsights of the mountains of the beautiful Kan landscape. this is a sample picture of us. :D

P1010173.jpg

and this is the worst part, the files are shift-deleted before i left the shop, but possible to retrive with several softwares, we need to download and install one in order to retrieve these files... :D

here is a link, http://www.download.com/File-Rescue-Plus/3...tml?tag=lst-0-4

Edited by water_gunner

hallo win,

i must have been the luckiest person because of you and mr.chatchai, the manager of that internet cafe. :o

with your help i got connected with Mr. Chatchai, and he had recovered all 360 shift+deleted files and emailed them all to me, the process must have been very tedious but Mr. Chatchai from sawasdee internet cafe is very, very, very kind, i couldn't find a word in my vocabulary to express how thankful i am to both of you. :D:D:D

all 360 files, 199Mb, shift+deleted in an internet cafe in Thailand, and now recovered, and sent to my home. everyone would have tell you that is impossible, but you guys made it happend ... billion thanks guys, billion thanks! :D:D:D

yours sincerely,

Gan :D

:D

All one has to do is ask,

and just, may be ThaiVisaDotCom, :D

Kan help and this time they did. :D

Do not forget, that you gave "the correct directions to your problem as well". So without "your" input, it would be as you wrote “Sounds Ridiculous” impossible. I thank you also for your say. Lets hope other members and non-members Kan learn from this to help each other.

You are most welcomed. :o

Yours truly, :D

Kan Win :D

P.S. Will go to see Khun Chatchai and say a big Thank you for you Gan. :D

Thats great news, glad to hear you got your pictures back. I must say i am pretty surprised that you got them, you must be really pleased. Well don to Mr win and the chap at the internet shop. I do believe you will owe both of them a beer or two next time your over that way :o:D:D

KanWin if you can get the name, contact details and some info on this internet cafe I'd be happy to throw a little free advertising their way. That was a real decent thing to do and I think we should encourage it. :o

cv

KanWin if you can get the name, contact details and some info on this internet cafe I'd be happy to throw a little free advertising their way. That was a real decent thing to do and I think we should encourage it. :o

cv

Hi "cdnvic"

Thank you for a helping hand. :D

Sawadee Internet

Card name attached and map in post #3

post-3770-1146662015_thumb.jpg

Yours truly,

Kan Win :D