how to make visa when u are simple people

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can say this: I left europe at age 34 with a one-way ticket to Thailand,

I am also retired due to back problems, so i simply wrote to the thai embassy in my country and said:

"I know retirement visa is 50 year, but i have a back injury so i'm already retired, with a pension.

So i wonder if i can get a retirement visa, or if not, a tourist multiple re-entry,

Thank you"

So i got my passport back and they had generously given me a 1 year retirement visa.

Otherwise you will get a grand total of (60+30)x 2,

6 months in other words, plenty of time for you to find a school and get an ED visa going.

Good luck, and pm if you decide Pattaya

This fanciful nonsense !

Aged 34 and "generously given" a one year "retirement visa"

I think there are many here who would to know all about the "generous" Embassy in this "country" which is not specified.

In 2006 I was given a 1 yr Multi-Entry Non-Imm visa that I did not meet the requirements for, from my Embassy in my home country. I won't mention which now for obvious reasons. Wasn't hard, or a scam, they were just generous and helpful.

Perhaps you have problems with Thai embassies because of your attitude.

If the country can't be mentioned for "obvious reasons" the question of illegal (criminal?) activity certainly arises !

You will already have a paper from the pension office that says that you are retired,

and you will already also have paper from your bank that show that your pension comes in every month.

You can use any of these papers that confirm you are retired, but it is still up to the discretion

of the thai embassy in Zyrich to grant you or not,

so therefore also ask for tourist double entry as your second request,

in case they dont grant the first wish.

Try to be polite and keep grammar and punctuation right, since you are asking for a favor.

For me, i lived so far away so for me a mail was the only option.

If you click on my username poanoi, you can select "send me a message"

Edited by poanoi
  • Like 1

@Sceptict1, U right is in Bern

@poanoi, I don't have certificate coz they need may be the schedule date of issue the certificate and may be abt my account in the bank also need the last writing and a certificate same from invalid insurance then. And Im always polite with authority but u not say me where u from ?

If you can't find any paper at home that support your claim that you are retired,

then i suggest write or email your pension office and ask for a paper that proves that, with a stamp.

Preferably with information on how much pension you get per year, before tax.

I will not give my home country for the simple reason that this forum has trolls that,

in lack of argument, will resort to country-bashing as an dis-indigenous form of argument,

that is plain pointless to discuss

Edited by poanoi
  • Like 2

Yes, i lived 500 km away from embassy, so i sent my passport along with my written request

and a copy of the pension, and wrote as polite and correct as i could, and when i intended to go.

Yes, feel free to pm me if you wonder about anything.

In what year did you do this? You called it a retirement visa and there is no such thing but long stay is often called that (non immigrant O-A) but suspect you got a multi entry non immigrant O visa? There indeed was a provision to allow issue of such for medical conditions in the past but have not seen that listed for many years. And indeed many places were issuing these much more loosely even a few years and months ago.

I can say this: I left europe at age 34 with a one-way ticket to Thailand,

I am also retired due to back problems, so i simply wrote to the thai embassy in my country and said:

"I know retirement visa is 50 year, but i have a back injury so i'm already retired, with a pension.

So i wonder if i can get a retirement visa, or if not, a tourist multiple re-entry,

Thank you"

So i got my passport back and they had generously given me a 1 year retirement visa.

Otherwise you will get a grand total of (60+30)x 2,

6 months in other words, plenty of time for you to find a school and get an ED visa going.

Good luck, and pm if you decide Pattaya

This fanciful nonsense !

Aged 34 and "generously given" a one year "retirement visa"

I think there are many here who would to know all about the "generous" Embassy in this "country" which is not specified.

Seems a claim that "generosity" resulted in a "one year retirement visa" ........... Nothing to do with visiting "family and friends"

There has, as perhaps could have been anticipated, been no response from the poster .

Edited by Sceptict11

It wasnt for visiting friends, i told them i intended to move here, i knew i didnt meet requirement

for non O, i asked them for advice how to go about to open a bank account here before i came here,

i probably told them i had never been to Thailand

Edited by poanoi

@poanoi, I don't understand what u mean about your last post there , sorry! What that can help me more in my situation coz is the question of me and my problem to find the best way for the best visa as possible.

And I ask u, can u make an example of the letter u write the thai embassy for try to have a visa non emigrant O?

I dont remember much of what i wrote, bits of pieces comes to my mind when thinking about it,

but that is all.

I already posted pretty much all i can remember what i wrote 11 years ago,

and in any case, when i tried to re-new the non-O the following year at immigration office in pattaya,

the officer would have nothing to do with it.

It has also been suggested here that non-O are now harder to beg for if you don't qualify,

But it will still be up to the ambassadors discretion to do as he see fit,

so i would still ask for 1] non-O, and should that fail, 2] tourist double entry.

And i would also again provide evidence that i am in fact retired,

with a stamped paper that state how much i get in pension, preferably per year and before tax

Edited by poanoi

@poanoi, yes then if I understand u there , not much deal to have and how people who are expat did to stay in Thailand , they are all rich and have an account in the bank with 800'000 baht inside ? I don't believed in that. When u are lonely , u really lonely and I'm really angry same I fight for have something , nothing happen in the end , u can understand can make crazy. Now I'm really confused abt what I can do with immigration. Sorry if I complain but is hard.

Well even if you dont get non-O, you still get 6 months, which is plenty to start ED visa.

But it will obviously be even better if you get non-O, that would grant you 15 months.

As of now, i'm kind of regretting i didnt move to Cambodia straight ahead,

the endless changes in visa requirement for us below age 50 has prevented me from

buying a condo for starters, which would now have been a rent free place,

and with 20-40 thousand baht less visa cost per year to boot.

Edited by poanoi

@poanoi, yes I understand u but they change the rules coz before have also many foreigners abuse with the over stay and not follow the rules, why since the 2006 is come hard to deal with emigration.

If u like to go combodgia , why not go there ?

Again here I don't find the best and someone can say clearly, how I can do with a simple tourist visa coz when u talk abt ED visa, when need to find a school for adult people also need to have paper justification for they can know where u are and what u do. And I don't understand all what u said , when I read ur message same like difficult. In Swiss all country in the world are welcome if they can learn French or German or Italian language. But same u are clean person, or u give justification , nothing coming well in the end.

The school will do all the paperwork for you, all you need to do is to 1 time go to Vientienne

or Phnom Pen and apply with the papers you are given from school.

After that, you can have the school re-new the ED every year without going anywhere.

God knows i have been thinking of Cambodia every year for the last 9 years,

there was one personal circumstance here though, a girl that gave me passion,

hard to think of anything better and hard to let go.

Edited by poanoi

Ok, now i know how to make it easy for you, if you go to Pattaya.

I know of a school that can send you the papers that you need to apply for a ED visa in Bern,

so you just need to send a couple of copies of your passport here,

and she will send back all the papers you need for 1 year ED visa to you in Zwiss.

There is likely some school that would do that for you in bangkok too, if you want to live in bangkok

Edited by poanoi
  • Like 1

@poanoi, I read ur last post here and that it's much interesting and yes if didn't give much problem about the age coz I have 43 years old now and when I move to may be I can have 50 years old, so if for the school to Pattaya or Bangkok then that can be a good deal.

Hopefully someone else can get you in touch of a school in bangkok,

otherwise, if you pick pattaya, i can help you out,

just send me a private message when you made up your mind what city you want to stay in.

Edited by poanoi

@poanoi, u don't reply me the visa ED , isn't for a teacher ? And u sure if I come here I can go school same I have 50 years old ? Coz I can't come quickly I need to saving money first and I don't know where I can give u a private message then. Coz u can't give here. And for now I don't know well my future. But I hope when I need ur help , I can count of u mister poanoi.

ED visa stand for EDucation visa, Thailand has decided that they had to come up with some sort of non-O visa for below 50 suckers also, so what will happen is that

1] you send a couple of copies of your passport to the school

2] the school will send you a mail back with all the papers needed to apply for 1 year ED visa

at the thai embassy in Bern

3] You will apply for 1 year ED visa at the thai embassy in Bern, and it will be granted

4] Pack your bags and take a 1 way ticket to thailand, get a room and go to the school 2 times/week as a student

5] the school will tell you when its time to re-new the ED visa, the first time you can get 15 months,

no need to leave thailand

the cost for ED visa is somewhere around 27.000 baht

ps: forgot to add that you dont necessarily have to study thai, you can also study english, thai boxing, thai cooking, and some other nonsense

Edited by poanoi

@poanoi, that's good and not do hard but now is I don't have much then of financial, mean my pension is only 40'000 baht more depend of exchange but every month. So now I,don't know well I can do , coz I need to looking for a room per month and with all supplies of charges and after need also for food. Then is mean not much for have a good time.

I have been reading through this thread and it seems that there is a not unimportant topic that is thoroughly neglected - namely the future. In 7 years phrakaew will be 50 from which time he can stay in Thailand longterm and hasslefree for the remainder of his life PROVIDED he has the financial means. Noone knows what the pricelevel may be in Thailand in 7 years or how the exchange rate may be. One can't even be perfectly certain that payouts to disabled people in Switzerland will be adjusted according to living costs in Switzerland not to mention in Thailand. One can of course say that it will all work out one way or other. Yes, but one shouldn't expect it to do so all by itself without any assistence from one goodself.

Believe me: 7 years go faster than you may think, and the faster the older you get. For the sake of argument: let's say that everything stays the same: income, exchange rate, pricelevels. Then phrakaew will not have the required income and - since it haven't been mentioned - he doesn't (at the moment) have sufficient savings as to cover the missing income with money in the bank... so, the convenient and (relatively) safe heaven of yearly retirement extension will be out of reach for phrakaew - UNLESS he does something about it. While it may be great fun to go on visarun with a hurting back at 40 it may not be that fun doing it for the 30'th time at 48 and it wouldn't be any fun at all doing it for the 70'th time at 56 with perhaps 140 more times to go before final rest. In case the backproblems are cronical - they won't get any better as you grow older, they'll get worse.

This all leads up to the question: Still based on the (un-realistic) premise that income, pricelevels, and exchange rate stay the same. How can phrakaew secure that he can meet requirements for retirement extensions from he is 50 and onwards? - That's easy enough: Given that his income stays around 50,000 Baht per month, he'll need around 180,000 Baht (if requirements also stay the same) in the bank. This amounts to putting aside about 2,143 Baht per month over 7 years and shouldn't be impossible - if one takes care to do so!

All lined up, right? - Sorry, I don't think so... I wouldn't count on e.g. pricelevels staying the same - they are more likely to rise. Other things might change in unforseenably ways - could likewise be to the worse. So, I'd say - for the sake of your own future - start putting money aside as soon as possible and as much as possible. If you proceed on your course of getting to live in Thailand as soon as possible and with a solution requiring many visaruns - don't go to Pattaya or Bangkok. Focus on cities close to a border-crossing e.g Kon Kaen or Mae Sai or perhaps Chiang Rai. Long bustravels or minibus rides can't possibly be good for your back - and you aren't 40 any longer - and it also cost money which was better saved for the future.

EDIT: Just saw that monthly income was only 40,000 Baht. This means that 300,000 Baht in the bank is needed to meet requirements. This again means that it's 3,571 Baht to be put aside per month - IF everything stays the same!

Edited by rishi
  • Like 1

There are pensioners and TEFL teachers here living on 30.000 per month and still have for drink,

i know some of them personally.

I know of rooms on pattaya tai for 5000 per month, meaning no need for bike unless he wants to have one,

since the baht buses are right at the doorstep to take him to school or to beach or walking street for 10 baht.

For sure he cant give away money, but he can live and eat for 20.000, leaving 10.000 for beer,

and the remaining 10.000 for visa, saving, and the occasional purchase of whatever.

Let me re-state that: you can live much better here than sitting in your room in Swiss,

but you can't give away money to beggars and gold-diggers,

you can drink beer at go-go whenever you want, but you can't give lady-drinks

Edited by poanoi

@poanoi, first I'm not a teacher, I can't make it and u right is better than to stay room in Swiss for sure and I know it , not forget I lived at Pattaya for 1 year same now change a lot there. My goal is to find a nice gf too. May be if I have 100'000 baht is better for sure but I do with what I have and need to manage it. Coz my gov give the pension same is for alive.