Human skull found on Koh Chang may be missing Briton

Lite Beer

Human skull found on Koh Chang may be missing Briton

1378623865_1.jpg
Photo: helpfindpaul.com

KOH CHANG: A human skull and bones were found on Koh Chang on Saturday evening.

Police discovered the remains in a forest in tambon Bang Bao in the south of the island.

A nylon rope was found at the scene, tied around a tree branch with one end of the rope made into a loop.

A bag was found nearby with a passport identifying its holder as Paul Clive Hamilton-Ritchie, 34, a British national. Police believed the man had been dead for at least seven months.

Hamilton-Ritchie had not been heard from since October, 2012. His family had set up a website seeking information about his whereabouts.

Pol Lt Col Seksan Chindaphan said the details of the man match the description given in missing person report filed late last year. Police are investigating.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/human-skull-found-on-koh-chang-may-be-missing-briton-41784.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2013-09-08

• Like 1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Btw, which Koh Chang are we talking about ?

The one just off Trat. Right next to Cambodia. 2nd largest island in Thailand and scene of the Franco-Thai naval battle in 1941.

Thanks for clearing that up.

That is what I figured.

But as Thailand has two Koh Changs I would have expected that to be noted.

Kind of like saying "such and such happened in Washington".

Would that be State or D.C.?

• Like 2

There is only one Koh Chang. Perhaps you are confusing this with Koh Si Chang, which is not far off Siracha up towards Chonbury. Well known for it,s chinese temple, and hence large numbers of chinese tourists visiting. I could be wrong, in fact I usually am sad.png

• Like 2

There is only one Koh Chang. Perhaps you are confusing this with Koh Si Chang, which is not far off Siracha up towards Chonbury. Well known for it,s chinese temple, and hence large numbers of chinese tourists visiting. I could be wrong, in fact I usually am xsad.png.pagespeed.ic.7cckm4BQla.webp

Have you ever heard of Koh Chang, Ranong ?

Near Koh Prayam, Ranong.

There is only one Koh Chang. Perhaps you are confusing this with Koh Si Chang, which is not far off Siracha up towards Chonbury. Well known for it,s chinese temple, and hence large numbers of chinese tourists visiting. I could be wrong, in fact I usually am sad.png

no there are a few of them about., but if not specified one normally assumes it the one mentioned

Looks like suicide eh? His poor family sick with worry for 7 months to now discover this. Words escape me.

I hope his family can find some peace now but I doubt it.

THqnk you Sherlock - why not wait for a proper report?

Here, here, I agree with wilcopops completely.

Looks like suicide eh? His poor family sick with worry for 7 months to now discover this. Words escape me.

We never will get the PROPER report!!!

• Like 2

Here, here, I agree with wilcopops completely.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. The Koh Chang Rescue scum, would have totally decimated any potential scene of crime, and had posted pics up almost immediate on their facebook. They really are low life.

It is, a really strange location that he was found in, and I don't think it would be wise to rule out a number of possibilities. However, I think that it will certainly. End up being recorded as a suicide.

It's just a really sad story all around.

• Like 2

I maybe wrong,but it seems that lots of people come to Thailand to give life just one more chance, when they see that its only an illusion,thats it, while others get caught up in the illusion and become victims of crime, what ever the case,RIP and closure for the family.

• Like 1

no there are a few of them about., but if not specified one normally assumes it the one mentioned

You no doubt know the old saying "when you assume, you make an ass of you and me" wai.gif

There is only one Koh Chang. Perhaps you are confusing this with Koh Si Chang, which is not far off Siracha up towards Chonbury. Well known for it,s chinese temple, and hence large numbers of chinese tourists visiting. I could be wrong, in fact I usually am xsad.png.pagespeed.ic.7cckm4BQla.webp

Have you ever heard of Koh Chang, Ranong ?

Near Koh Prayam, Ranong.

If it really was important to know which Koh Chang, it only took me two click links on the news link to find out that it was in Trat. As the story is about a rather sad death, wouldn't that have been simpler than proving how knowledgeable you are on Thailands Koh Chang's?

• Like 1